PDA

View Full Version : 2 shamans as a duo?

Psionide
07-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Was sitting here just wondering on the effectiveness of this combo. Was curious to see what others thought about it? On paper it seems pretty nice no?

quizwhiz
07-14-2011, 07:20 PM
What kind of paper are you using?

Psionide
07-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm using a form of lamb's skin.

quellren
07-14-2011, 07:26 PM
this would not be efficient. dots overlap, your buffs are wasted unless you are twinked for melee.

too much utility, not enough dps.

greatdane
07-14-2011, 07:37 PM
It would be like one shaman with a double mana pool and two pets. Pointless.

quido
07-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Just for the record, you can stack dots of the same type as long as they are different spells. Bane of Nife and Envenomed Bolt will stack. Shaman duo is pretty effective I'd imagine but I've only really done it at 50. I think Shaman / Monk is still the superior duo by far.

Eyeke
07-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Shaman/mage!

Kevlar
07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't see the point. Shaman are a wonderful class, probably one of the best duos. But you would get a lot more out of just about anything. Paladin for rez/tank, sk or war for tank, necro, mage, or chanter for pet tank/dps, wiz, druid for evac/dps, rogue, monk, ranger for just added dps, a lot more than what a second shaman would give.

About the only thing that wouldn't add much would be a second shaman or a cleric. Or a bard, but if you want to play a bard a pocket shaman is still nice to have.

Swish
07-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Without dots overlapping I can begin to see the appeal with the 2 pets, but that's not the case sadly.

If its dot stacking you're after, a necro would be a nice partner in crime - better pet, fear kiting, etc :)

Bubbles
07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
It'd work, it'd be safer than soloing, and you'd have someone to talk to.

Even a druid would at least give you snare, completely different dots, ports, track and bring outdoor kiting into a new world of ez mode tho.

But yeah, 2 shammies would get along fine.

Messianic
07-15-2011, 09:19 AM
It'd work, it'd be safer than soloing, and you'd have someone to talk to.

Even a druid would at least give you snare, completely different dots, ports, track and bring outdoor kiting into a new world of ez mode tho.

But yeah, 2 shammies would get along fine.

Bubbles is right. It wouldn't be terrible - you can still both handle different kinds of burdens, i.e. one handles poison, other does disease, one slows, other roots/buffs pets/etc.

Honestly I think Shaman/Druid would make a pretty awesome combo but I see few people trying that. Different dot lines, malise to make the immolation actually stick consistently if you go root-rot method, snare + animal fear + animal charm...

A lot of options in terms of how you could actually kill the mob. Root rot + pet, druid charm + pets eat enemies alive, etc...

I suppose Shaman/Necro is so good it overshadows Shaman/druid :/