PDA

View Full Version : Raid mob resists - clarification needed.

Netherzul
07-18-2011, 09:52 PM
I need clarification on this if anyone would care to shed some light.

In classic, I played a Monk and Shaman up to and into Discord briefly. I spent plenty of time soloing mobs on my Shaman but in raids, all I really did was slow/buff/heal. I never spent time dotting/nuking, in any capacity, so I am completely out of the loop on how boss resists work.

Typically, what schools are resisted most, by bosses? I know this question could follow with a response of, "that depends on the boss" but I am asking in a general sense here.

I know some classes (Shaman, Magician, Necro, Ench) get resistance debuffs. Do these stack with one another? If not, which one will take hold over any of the others?

Thanks in advance.

Seaweedpimp
07-18-2011, 10:47 PM
shm/mag will stack w necro, and ench resist debuffs.

And different spells have different resist mods, you have to check. You well never land a spell on a mob over 6 lvls above you.

Uthgaard
07-18-2011, 10:54 PM
You will never land a spell on a mob over <del>6 lvls above you</del> 1.25 times your level.

ftfy

Seaweedpimp
07-18-2011, 11:03 PM
So at level 60 i can land spells on a lvl 75 mob?

Or is my 3rd grade math lacking?

Edit : And a lvl 10 can only land spells on a mob up to lvl 12.5 or 13 rounded up?

Uthgaard
07-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Until level 15, it's 6 levels.

Netherzul
07-19-2011, 06:16 PM
So as it stands right now, with bosses sitting at the 32,000 health cap, do raids even bother doing resist debuffs?

From what I understand, most bosses don't last longer than 35 seconds. I know this drastically changes in Velious when that 32,000 health cap is removed.

Skope
07-19-2011, 06:28 PM
So as it stands right now, with bosses sitting at the 32,000 health cap, do raids even bother doing resist debuffs?

From what I understand, most bosses don't last longer than 35 seconds. I know this drastically changes in Velious when that 32,000 health cap is removed.

depends on the size of the raid force. if it's a smaller force and the mob can be slowed then yes, debuffs work and are worth casting. Generally speaking raid mobs are zerged down quite quickly and it's unnecessary to cast anything more than nukes.

Most often resisted spells are MR-based, but that also has to do with the fact that most spells cast are MR-based (debuff wise). That's why with luclin and on shammy disease-based slows were so important.

Netherzul
07-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification everyone. It's appreciated!