PDA

View Full Version : cleric/necro duo!

PurelyElf
07-25-2011, 01:11 AM
So now I'm a cleric! Healing the world, one band-aid at a time.

And I talked my friend into playing with me. He's never played EQ before and it's proving to be quite a task to teach him things while keeping his interest. I remember how that was, too, when I first started. It all seemed slow and boring and blah blah. Anyone have advice on how to keep him interested? With him being a caster, I think it's gonna suck bad. Spells are like impossible to afford and I feel that may turn him off of the game. It bothers me and I've been playing since 2000 :O (btw wts 2 stacks of bone chips and almost a whole stack of spiderling silk)

Anyway. Where should he and I exp for these low low levels? He's dark elf and I'm gnome. I was running to freeport to group with him when he got bored and logged for the night. Figured freeport area would be better for him, so he is near neriak. What we really need is some money I think, so he can purchase his spells and begin to feel badass (he chose necro because of "badass factor"). So.. where to get cash near neriak/freeport, starting at level 1? lol.

And then once/if we get into things, how would this duo work? I figure his pet can tank while I heal it, and I can root npc so agro doesn't matter. Then he does his necro thing. Viable?

thx u

shdwdrake8
07-25-2011, 01:58 AM
Money near Freeport is rough. Best bet is Bone Chip stacks (though he'll need to keep some obv). Also, kill Bears and hope for HQ skins. Every char I lvl in any area with Black Bears usually gets at least one. HQ Cat and Wolf skins can sell but not as often and not for as much.

As for strategy, until about 10 you guys just run up to stuff and smack it down w/ pet in tow. Once he gets his "mana for hp" type spells you can keep him topped off and he can keep it up 100% of the time. Once mana pools grow enough and such, fear kiting will be king. Don't underestimate cleric nukes, especially vs undead. Go to Unrest as soon as you can. One of you should be able to lull (or lull undead) and kill beetles and the like. Otherwise, just get croc groups in oasis. It's tedious but he'll get to practice his mojo in the safety of a group. As a cleric, you'll get in any group there is and can use the magical phrase "I'll only join if my friend can too."

If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me. I'm an alt-o-holic and I'm pretty sure I've leveled in almost every place you can.

Hagglebaron
07-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Add me to friends, next time you see me online come by t2 in ec tunnel. I'll get you and your friend set up for the grind ahead.