PDA

View Full Version : PL from a War?

Hogie
07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Is it possible to get PLed by a war? Friend is starting a new character and I wanted to help him out, but no idea how lol. Will i be able to taunt stuff off him while he hits, or maybe bring the mob to a certain % and then he kills it?

Anger
07-25-2011, 01:49 PM
You could probably kill a mob down to a very low health % then zone out and let him finish it, but thats about the only way.

azeth
07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Will i be able to taunt stuff off him while he hits

Yes, however the instant your friend does anything to cause aggro they will then top the aggro list. Taunt just adds +1 to your aggro total over the current highest.

maybe bring the mob to a certain % and then he kills it?

That'd work, but consider your friend would then need to be able to solo whatever it is for 51%. Your best bet is to go to Cazic Thule, Upper Guk, or Mistmoore, Splitpaw, Runnyeye (level depending) and utilize the zone entrances as part of your PLing. Drop the mob to 1-5% then zone out.

Doors
07-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Don't even bother, it's not worth the trouble. Warrior is about the last thing you should resort to for PL.

greatdane
07-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Taunt works a little bit due to the fact that it actually takes more than +1 threat to take aggro from someone the usual way. You need something like (tank's threat +1)x1.2 before the mob will turn on you while a succesful taunt forces the mob on you even though it only puts you 1 point above whoever had aggro. This means you can hit the mob a few times after the warrior taunts it away before it'll turn back on you, and if the warrior is pretty high level and the other guy is low, it should be possible to keep the mob on the warrior maybe half the time, and then he can finish it off when it gets below 50%. It's not a great way to PL, but it'll work and it's better than nothing. Honestly though, you're better off making an alt to level with him instead. Just make the best babysitter class for whatever he's playing. If he's playing just about any melee class, make a shaman. If he's playing a caster class, maybe make an enchanter, you get Breeze at level 16 now so that'll help a lot.

Ektar
07-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I PLed my brother from 1 to 47 with my paladin. obv~ paladin is a bit better, but here's what I did - maybe you can take some idea from it.

low levels just kinda hang around and be like sup, here's some buffs.

as soon as he got an AE, I'd pull mobs and keep agro as he killed them. First he had some 4 mob AE and I pulled 4 orcs in crushbone at a time, then cycled nearest npc and killed any <50%. eventually he got whatever limitless AE and we went to oasis. I pulled all the crocs I could find within a reasonable range. I put 1-2 stuns on each so I'd keep agro. He would then AE them and I'd finish any <50%.

probably like level 17 to 29 I think it was we went to sola. I hoarded DS potions and pulled 4 goblins at a time. I took off my sword (in case of riposte) and tanked the goblins so they would kill themselves on my DS, healing myself as necessary. When they got low, he'd AE. if they lived, they ran, but I couldn't finish them because of the DS neutral damage (come to think of it, are DSes still neutral damage?), so then he'd just single target nuke any stragglers. med and repeat.

When he got to 30, I 7th-manned his lguk groups as the tank-puller-healer. I could cover ass/sup/sav/cav/exe/sage and then look around for more.

When he got to 34 I'd either continue to PL his groups or just group with him myself. At some point when we got bored of guk we went to solb.

AND THAT'S MY STORY hope you can take something from it

Supaskillz
07-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I powerleveled some friends a little with my rogue, I would pull like 2-4 and take them to 10% then zone let my friend finish them

Polixenes
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Is it possible to get PLed by a war? Friend is starting a new character and I wanted to help him out, but no idea how lol. Will i be able to taunt stuff off him while he hits, or maybe bring the mob to a certain % and then he kills it?

Probably quicker to make a new character of your own and level together until he is in grouping range with your warrior.

SupaflyIRL
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Probably quicker to make a new character of your own and level together until he is in grouping range with your warrior.

Was going to say exactly this.

Hogie
07-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone, some good ideas. May end up just leveling with him, who knows! ;)

EDIT: Whats with the tags? Can't man up and say it in your post with your name?

Ektar
07-25-2011, 05:03 PM
just lol and move along would be my advice :p

Sofaqing
07-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Best way is with a enchanter/warrior combo. Knock a red con (to him) mob down to flee, then get the enchanter to blur it before the lowbie kills it.