07-26-2011, 01:52 AM
:o:o:o:o

:(

Webwolf
07-26-2011, 02:20 AM
No

Nytewind TP
07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
The boats work from what I've experienced, but my question is are they the same boat's as original live? I dont remember having that ramp type bow or that high sides.

nilbog
07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
The boats work from what I've experienced, but my question is are they the same boat's as original live? I dont remember having that ramp type bow or that high sides.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14310

Nedala
07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
No its the boat they used in beta. Id rather have the original boat too but i dont think its possible. The boats to kunark are the same as live tho.

Edit: Omg a wild nilbog appears! wb!

Ektar
07-26-2011, 09:20 AM
the oot boats are the wrong model. there was some collision factor that the correct boats didn't have and those are from beta or something... idk. the programing of the boats is way over my head. But there you have it.

Ektar
07-26-2011, 09:21 AM
or just ignore me and listen to nilbog who ninja posted me :(

PurelyElf
07-26-2011, 09:39 AM
boat ride took longer than i remember. and the whole time i was on the boat i had like a levitate effect and kept being moved around the boat without moving. did not enjoy this so much.

but i got to freeport, and a nice mage bound me even though i couldn't afford to donate! :D

Ektar
07-26-2011, 09:42 AM
ya the boats are really difficult to program for some reason, and I imagine anything not right is a best fit. honestly I think you could have assumed this :p

Nytewind TP
07-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Well that explains it. Yes, I can see why they're hard to program. Even the people on live put those Teleporters in because they didn't feel like fixing it.

Striiker
07-27-2011, 09:58 AM
boat ride took longer than i remember. and the whole time i was on the boat i had like a levitate effect and kept being moved around the boat without moving. did not enjoy this so much.

but i got to freeport, and a nice mage bound me even though i couldn't afford to donate! :D

The levitate effect was put in place because people were very often suffering fall damage while on the boats, mail once the boat zoned and characters loaded up into the zone and were falling onto the boat. The solution was to temporarily levitate you while on the boat.

The models presently used were selected because the original models were "hollow" and players would fall through them. This was apparently brought about due to the implementation of a newer version of DirectX (leave it to Microsoft) :)

The devs did a great job fixing the boats. The boat experience was an important one in the original EQ and was missed by a lot of people (myself included). Funny though that I now curse the boats when I am waiting for them but deep down, I know it's good to have them back!

SupaflyIRL
07-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Well that explains it. Yes, I can see why they're hard to program. Even the people on live put those Teleporters in because they didn't feel like fixing it.

That and MMO players today have the attention span of an autistic kid in a life sized kaleidoscope.