PDA

View Full Version : Tallon Zek

Kope
07-27-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm just wondering who from tallon zek plays/reads the forums here? I'm missing my old stomping grounds :(.

Nyrod
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM
i played from 99 to 01 on TZ but i was a perma newb didnt lvl past 52 played Carcharoth DE cleric and was in the guild Pahojen Kilta

i remember all the drama of xteaming when pandemonium took over and ended the race wars. my idols were Azuur and Darlana i so wanted to be like them most uber DE clerics on server.

last thing i remember was raiding PoG and getting cleric legs even though i was lvl 52 because i was one of the only clerics there i think i wet myself IRL :P

MiRo2
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I played on Tallon Zek until late 2004. Name was Endrias, was in Xanadu, and Indignation.

orsk
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Played on TZ up till GoD i believe, Name was Guttzs barb warrior, as well as a bard named Blanco

Kope
07-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Damn good memories.

Darlana was a guy and was in eastern Europe. Great player though :)

I remember Guttz and Blanco for some reason, not sure why though.

I was Walluen from 1999-PoP - Wood elf druid.

I then changed to Kope, Iksar Beastlord. Was in PDM most of my EQ time.

First guild I joined was with Ranadiel as the leader. I forget the name of the guild.

Scroll
07-27-2011, 09:46 PM
I was on TZ for awhile between 99-2004. Ran around with many characters. Pepperz was my main monk and I helped run the bastard child guild of Panda called Tilde.

dusk883
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I was Woohoo and Saltheart on the original Tallon Zek. Would sell my soul to have that environment again, working quests, population, etc

Kope
07-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I was Woohoo and Saltheart on the original Tallon Zek. Would sell my soul to have that environment again, working quests, population, etc

Agreed

Atmas
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM

Same.

I was Atmas a wizard. As you can see I'm very creative with names. I was in Chosen Blood and Discordia (Veneration and Sedition merger).

Acillatem, Eras, Matalus and Smilodon play here if anyone else remembers them.

I remember Blanco, and some of you guys from Indig.

Kope
07-28-2011, 12:54 PM
OMG Chosen Blood, THAT'S the name I've been trying to remember forever!

Acillatem
07-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Acillatem here. Played a HUM WIZ on TZ and the same damn thing here on P99 lol.

Was in <Knights of the White Rose> from '00-'05 when I quit. Was one of 3 people who actually liked to PvP in that guild (haha).

dusk883
07-28-2011, 01:40 PM
KoftWR

Fun people to pvp, I remember a few of you guys were relentless to chase down an enemy

Kope
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Circle Noir

Rummol the ogre

Anyone remember Bigolow? His drama was fun~

dusk883
07-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Wasn't Xcelon a part of that guild?

Kope
07-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Probalby KotWR. Half elf pally right?

dusk883
07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
yeah, very driven guy. holds a grudge for years

Atmas
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Wasn't Xcelon a part of that guild?

I was guilded with Xcelon when we were in Chosen Blood.

Kope
07-28-2011, 01:58 PM
CB was created in Kunark days though right? For EQ orig. wasn't he KotWR?

Kope
07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
BTW anyone remember the drama when I left CB for PDM? :P

Envious
07-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Kope = Rummol?

Kope
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
no,

Kope = Walluen.

Rummol couldn't be in Chosen blood because CB was the light guild, rummol was an ogre :)

orsk
07-28-2011, 02:27 PM
I remember Atmas,Kope i did a ton of PvP for a while was the only war in top 100. I didnt raid alot till near my end of EQ, Ran around with a dathor greathammer, was a bazaar whore, me and my cousin who played Carroneskarn high elf wiz usually ran around duoing pvp. i actually have a old tower with a bunch of EQ screenshots on it, i may dig it out!

Envious
07-28-2011, 02:29 PM
I honestly dont remember what Chosen Blood was... just barely remember the name.

I do remember Rummol being in CN, and most of CN. astrolink server #circlenoir~ Everyone actually went to WoW-Tichondrius together. Kort and I raped the shit out of people 2vX+ as warlock + warlock.

I miss all the russians.

MoZ
TST
CN
SCV
WoZ
BF
BT
PK

I remember those guilds tho. And the precursor to PDM... Re-something... Someone should be able to pick this out, one of the first xteaming guilds to include darks.

Anyone remember Ninnu?

Envious
07-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Also remember getting my entire university's campus banned from the original TZT for posting a pic of Tubgirl...

I thought it was funny and worth a gander.

Kope
07-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Lol I totally forgot about TZT.

I do miss the russians too. I heard Xantille played here at some point?

Blood Tribe was the Russians right? Or was it Blood Fist?

Aesop
07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Vlaara, wood elf rogue. Xantille plays pvp bro

Billbike
07-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I played Greattaste the halfling ranger and Ratterrior the iksar monk back on TZ.

Atmas
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Vlaara, wood elf rogue. Xantille plays pvp bro

Vlaara! What are you playing now?

Aesop
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
A rogue, I got nothing on p1999 yet bc I spent like 9 hours getting to level 4 when it first came out and I was so spoiled by emu exp levels I gave up. I really want to play on a red99 server though :) As a wood elf rogue ofc.

I play Aningan on vz/tz right now but pretty casual, I know there is quite a few of you guys on here :)

JayDee
07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
chosen blood was probably my favorite guild although it never rly did any big things and was doomed to fail.

Kope
07-28-2011, 04:51 PM
chosen blood was probably my favorite guild although it never rly did any big things and was doomed to fail.

It was the last, best hope for the light side to really ever accomplish anything by itself.

JayDee
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
oh nevermind I am thinking of ancient blood or w/e the all iksar guild was

Xareth
07-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Sup Walluen.

I remember the uproar in general. Race wars created the more good dramatic tension than anyone could have possibly asked for.

I can only hope red p99 happens at some point so we can have some of the old cryfests.

Macken
07-29-2011, 12:25 AM
SZ>tz

Harrison
07-29-2011, 12:48 AM
SZ was a sad excuse for "pvp"

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 12:56 AM
SZ is to PVP what Harrison is to Combat Medic.

naez
07-29-2011, 01:20 AM
SZ is where literally all the best non-fodder pvper types come from, boys became men, men became legends

something about the greatest degree and intensity of pvp occurred

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 01:24 AM
SZ is where literally all the best non-fodder pvper types come from, boys became men, men became legends

SZ bred such things as 20-some year old boys making rage videos telling other 20-some year old boys things like "I'M NOT UR FUCKING MONKEY, POLK!!"

naez
07-29-2011, 01:47 AM
couple of lines an extra thermos of joe ill be kickin in heads at the punk rawk show

ALERT: special video for bardalicious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zucFajq5fs&

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Damn dude, you are some kind of special.

I don't know what that is, nor do I care to. Nothing will ever compare to angry_naez_nerd-rage_video_001. CUZ IT'S ALL FUCKING ALL RIGHT UP HERE (points to head).

naez
07-29-2011, 02:40 AM
hi welcome to the internet troll != rage

i think youre just angry at sz/the world because of macken not me i didnt know i had such a profound impact on your life. if you say sowwy and Chadlek approves we'll see about getting you back into the trust tree

edit: app denied sry ss avail cropped 4 mq

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2919/angstv.jpg

JayDee
07-29-2011, 05:01 AM
wut game is that

naez
07-29-2011, 05:32 AM
woof brains i r rot dawg

Pokeman
07-29-2011, 05:36 AM
slither hiss i am snake

SearyxTZ
07-29-2011, 06:20 AM
TZT still around bros (although very little talk about EQ now, sans my thread)

http://tallonzektimes.org/bb/

I remember Woohoo from way back when.

I played Searyx in <Second Rising> (dark team guild). Stayed dark team only pretty much the entire time I played.

also had a char in Fier'Dal Assassins and my 20-30 lake of ill omen PvP twink Daahoud

JayDee
07-29-2011, 06:50 AM
also had a char in Fier'Dal Assassins

lol i must have killed 20 of them a day as a liberation member

JayDee
07-29-2011, 06:51 AM
they were aggressive little tykes though. Attacking us in swarms with their banded tunics and dragoon dirks (uber twink).

Vamael
07-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Kope, hows it going bro? I'm still in contact with Oadina, Dummywummy, Static from SZ. HMU in a pm.

tranch
07-29-2011, 08:57 AM
I played a monk named skippie on TZ

Xantille
07-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I played a monk named skippie on TZ

I played skippie's gay lover, Xantille.

Hi pals. Lots of nostalgia up in this hurr thread. I've never played on P1999, p much only EMU PVP servers.

Ranadiel's guild = The Highland Army
first xteam guild = Reformation
Guilds I was in = MoZ, WoZ, Eternal Darkness, Dark Gothic, PDM

Stop fagging it up w/ SZ nonsense, fags.

Kope
07-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Damn, Skip, Xant nice to see you guys again :).

Great thread imo! I can only hope they come out with a real red99 box at some point for some real pvp!

Kope
07-29-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm quite surprised and happy by how many high profile TZers play here, or at least read these forums lol.

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 12:04 PM
hi welcome to the internet troll != rage

i think youre just angry at sz/the world because of macken not me i didnt know i had such a profound impact on your life. if you say sowwy and Chadlek approves we'll see about getting you back into the trust tree

edit: app denied sry ss avail cropped 4 mq

Clearly bothered by my opinion of you pal, but you read too far into things obv. Macken is as terrible at PVP as he is trolling, so I'm not sure how he entered this conversation. Perhaps you idolize him, I don't know. It would fit being the level of self-loathing nerd rage that seemed to seethe from that lulzy video.

Also, I think you may wish to do a quick define: angst search of google and pick a new Naez word of the week to throw out carelessly in an attempt to sound informed/intelligent.

Thanks for entering me into your in-game conversations though. I'm glad I made such an impression upon you. :cool:

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
wut game is that

Pokemon: EQ Edition

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYeSexNZwEc

Lol'd

naez
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
actually we been using angsty off and on for years, and have correctly diagnosed your disease, you're so threatened becuz of your own insecurities that your monkey brain has no choice but to lash out

oh ya i know im such a prime specimen of male but plz find new masturbation material, try jailbaitgallery.com or 9000 meatspins perhaps

Kope
07-29-2011, 01:56 PM
how the hell did this turn into a "SZ needs attention" thread!? lol.

Anyway, good to see all the TZers are around and kicking. Good people. Hit me up if you guys wanna group or something. I'm only level 27 atm, but working my way up as t3h ikky monk (took after skippy da ikky).

Atmas
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm suprised one of the 40 people who played Kuin hasn't shown up.

Macken
07-29-2011, 02:56 PM
SZ is to tz

as

Red Server is to blue server.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Bragging about being SZ is to real pvp

as

Bragging about being tough in high school is to professional MMA

Macken
07-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Kicked out of the military is to success

as

blue server is to Red Server.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Awww, butthurt you can't handle real pvp?

It's okay, you can train, exploit, and cheat your way to win on these sad excuses for emulated pvp servers and talk big like you're any good lol

Macken
07-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Mad because you don't know what real pvp is even if it smacked you in the face?

Mad because 8 years ago, I surpassed a pvp excellence that you will never understand or be able to attain?

Mad because you are relegated to posting from a chair with a pot belly from a bluesbie perspective that will never approach the honor, integrity and pride of a red perspective?

Mad at the world?

or just Mad at Macken?

Kope
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Mad because you don't know what real pvp is even if it smacked you in the face?

Mad because 8 years ago, I surpassed a pvp excellence that you will never understand or be able to attain?

Mad because you are relegated to posting from a chair with a pot belly from a bluesbie perspective that will never approach the honor, integrity and pride of a red perspective?

Mad at the world?

or just Mad at Macken?

Dude, it was ok to act like you were 15 and raging when SZ was around, it's time to get past your angst and grow up.

You're not cool anymore, and neither is raging and calling out people with no real points behind your rage :P.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Lol honor, integrity, and pride....I just fucking rofl'd please continue

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
actually we been using angsty off and on for years, and have correctly diagnosed your disease, you're so threatened becuz of your own insecurities that your monkey brain has no choice but to lash out

oh ya i know im such a prime specimen of male but plz find new masturbation material, try jailbaitgallery.com or 9000 meatspins perhaps

I see that degree in psychology from University of Phoenix Online is coming in handy. It was totally worth every five dollar blowjob you gave to afford attendance.

I just have one question:

y u mad tho monkey boy?

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Don't mind Macken. The sooner you realize he's just throwing himself at you like the limp dick of some blackout drunkard attempting to enter a vagina for the first time in its life, the quicker you can ignore him and realize threads get shit up a lot less quickly when he gets bored and insecure about not being recognized.

Macken
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Harrison and Bardalicious so Mad at Macken

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Harrison and Bardalicious so Mad at Macken

If you were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren't in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack you.

If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I'd swim out into the middle of the ocean and freaking EAT YOU.

Then, I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

Envious
07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
We should just make a list of all the TZ guys on P99.

I know of 2 or 3 in TR, 3 RL friends of mine that are on server, then the several in this thread... gets us to around 10 on server that are known.

Kope
07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
We should just make a list of all the TZ guys on P99.

I know of 2 or 3 in TR, 3 RL friends of mine that are on server, then the several in this thread... gets us to around 10 on server that are known.

Hey sounds good to me :)

Kope
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Dude, it was ok to act like you were 15 and raging when SZ was around, it's time to get past your angst and grow up.

You're not cool anymore, and neither is raging and calling out people with no real points behind your rage :P.

Actually just want to make a quick side point.

The people on TZ who knew me durring original EQ should pretty much laugh at this. I was very young back then, and qutie angsty myself. I remember Aeeleb had a screenshot of me raging when he killed me at the WC druid portal. I was young and very angsty.

/point off

Envious
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Kope, what in the hell were you spouting in the other thread about some auditor friend that is an economist and advising you on the legality of internet intellectual property rights?

Damn man... thats like 3 things that dont fit together just asking the question... O_o

Envious
07-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I was a complete prick back in the day.

Kope, msg Mrawesome. He is a monk around your lvl, old school TZ'er. And if your gear sucks really bad we might be able to help you out some.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 04:01 PM
If you were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren't in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack you.

If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I'd swim out into the middle of the ocean and freaking EAT YOU.

Then, I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

I fucking love that movie.

Macken
07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
counting blue players from a blue server (tz) playing on another blue server (p1999).

Sounds like a kindergarten exercise we did years ago.

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 04:09 PM
I fucking love that movie.

Lol me 2, just watched it again last night.

Kope
07-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Kope, what in the hell were you spouting in the other thread about some auditor friend that is an economist and advising you on the legality of internet intellectual property rights?

Damn man... thats like 3 things that dont fit together just asking the question... O_o

Lol not an economist, just knows his stuff pretty well.

If you audit companies that have legal battles on intillectual rights you get to learn the rules pretty quickly :P.

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
At least a funny avatar has been born from the video for big Naez:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/image.php?u=14113&dateline=1311972664

A++ I lol'd

naez
07-29-2011, 05:59 PM
thx 2 chadlek

also f y i my degree is in comp sci from a cali university and tho it was p ez not cracker jack box ez also im finishing up a history one now

Vamael
07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
I won't touch the p99 blue server, it's a waste. I don't enjoy any games that you can't pvp or kill someone In. Ahh, Kope! Quint is playing too, he is Lasher!

valithteezee
07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
What's up my fellow EQ-Holics. Big Valith here from Tallon Zek. I had a sweet ass red ranger. I was rep'n for [The Knights Eternal], [Sanctimony] and [Indignation]. I really had a blast playing EQ back in 01 era and wasted many a summer nights grinding for my epic and doing raids with Zartas the wizard over Roger wilco. I remember a ton of you guys, and i see a few playing on the EMU's as well. Hit me up I'm Shartstanes/Valith on EQEMU. Hope to run into some old players.

Envious
07-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Lol not an economist, just knows his stuff pretty well.

If you audit companies that have legal battles on intillectual rights you get to learn the rules pretty quickly :P.

I dunno... seems like a stretch. Mainly cause I know what auditors actually do. =P

I've got a pal that has been at PriceWaterhouse for 5 years now as an auditor, and I am taking the CPA in January... just seems kinda odd unless he specializes in that sorta thing.

But like I said, I dunno, I'm going towards a different line of work. Praying to god I only do 1 or 2 years of auditing work at the most.

Kope
07-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I dunno... seems like a stretch. Mainly cause I know what auditors actually do. =P

I've got a pal that has been at PriceWaterhouse for 5 years now as an auditor, and I am taking the CPA in January... just seems kinda odd unless he specializes in that sorta thing.

But like I said, I dunno, I'm going towards a different line of work. Praying to god I only do 1 or 2 years of auditing work at the most.

My friend does work at PWC but has a partner connection to all the info, he just can't give any specifics.

If you're going to work at PWC get ready for 8-12 years of auditing (years 5-12 are managing + auditing). I would highly suggest not going to PWC :P.

Of course, he could be talking out his bum (he has been known to do that). Again, logically a lot of the connections in the theory work.

Bardalicious
07-29-2011, 09:38 PM
young auditors

Envious
07-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Nice, might have to hit you up for a connect when I start doing my apps after I pass the CPA.

I only plan on staying there maybe 2yrs, then moving on. Looking to do forensic accounting in federal law enforcement.

I'll quit doing accounting field work and get a Ph.D and teach, or sell drugs / steal before I do 8-12yrs of auditing work.

Xareth
07-29-2011, 11:14 PM
SZ was a breeding ground for today's child molestors and terrorists. Thanks sony.

Macken
07-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Graduates of SZ are a virtual Who's Who of any top guild, a JD Power and Associates review shows.

Lazortag
07-30-2011, 01:43 AM
I won't touch the p99 blue server, it's a waste. I don't enjoy any games that you can't pvp or kill someone In. Ahh, Kope! Quint is playing too, he is Lasher!

Most red servers on eqemu are a waste because they last only about a month. At least I know p99 will be here next year.

Skrimp
07-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Atmas, Searyx, Skippie, Xantile, Kope, I remember all of you from TZ. I played several chars there. Damjina DE Rogue, Shinshio the Monk, and spent quite a bit of time on Taelaria DE Cleric, and Hurora dwarf Cleric. All Indignation, cept for Shinshio.

Good to see you all here. Searyx and Skippie should remember Leaks from the Solb days, hes on here too. As Leaks again

Envious
08-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I seem to remember Taeleria

Matalus
08-03-2011, 12:58 AM
P|ayed from 2000 ti|| right before the zek merge

Kope
08-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Penelophe
Gylen
Aeeleb
Chemosh

Envious
08-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Gylen = faggot.
Chemosh = Hippie

Dunno where I remember Aeeleb from...

Naaz, Stinkiefingur, Vermithraks, Damgukluken, Satira, Kort, Lns, Malok, Moghra, Rummol, Faus, False, Zebb / Junun, Ziguld, Carnyakam, Conzumhar, Sarsharek, Ninnu, Thurloc, Deloth, Quantumfish...

Zaldar... mother fucking Zaldar.

Kope
08-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Keamina slashes YOU for 236 points of damage.
You have been slain by Keamina

Kope
08-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Also, is AstyTZ Asticious? He hasn't been vocal as of yet :(.

knottyb0y
08-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I played on Tallon Zek for many years. It was the biggest reason I loved everquest. My character was a Troll Warrior named Gagresh, I lead a guild called Tilde. There was a lot of fun in the pvp action and the pvp aspects of the game. I think my favorite part of the server was that if you wanted to hunt somewhere or raid somewhere you could take that spot. And assuming you had the power to keep a camp AND keep away aggressors the world was yours. There was a lot of asshattery and griefing on the server of course, and many days you wondered why did you even log in. Other times you were forced to be the ass hat and corpse camp someone to teach them a lesson ;). But the best times were the in between, when you had a good battle, and your group be it victorious or defeated, simply looted and scooted along. I really feel like Velious was the hayday of the server. There were enough raids that multiple guilds could compete. There was enough real estate that one guild couldn't really hold all the great camps in the game.

Most of all the best part of Tallon Zek was the community. Tallon Zek times was always a thrill. The drama was similar to what we have on these boards but different. It was less about poop socking, but still filled with all the shit talking and rivalries that kept one coming back. I remember people gaining iconic status on the server, players like Synnovea and Gylen. I remember idolizing tanks like Elphor and Kamzan, and when I finally reached a point where my gear was comparable being very very pleased.

I don't know if you can reproduce the magic of Tallon Zek, it was a very very special server with a unique community. I see plenty of people calling Sullon Zek a better server or Rallos Zek or whatever. Each server had their own community and politics system. This was most evident in the contrast that could be drawn between Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek, as their communities and game play was so different. I think though when the zek's merged (necessary I am sure due to the inherent lower population of a pvp server in eqlive), marked the end of an era.

It's good to see so many from the community still around, and still scratching that "old eq itch". I don't know if the red99 server is any good, but its good to see so many old heads around these boards.

Most of all the sense of commmunity, and the bond between guilds (because if you did not have a guild to back you up it was hard to survive) to me made Tallon Zek fun. All my old Tilde friends sure as hell made me want to log on every day for many years. Something that no game has been able to do for me on a consistent basis.

Kope
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Well said, very well said.

Bardalicious
08-03-2011, 12:55 PM
+1 for making a sensible post without trolling anyone

I tip my hat sir.

tranch
08-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Aeeleb was the druid who won the tz druid BOTB

tranch
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
...or maybe he was on the TOT team... it was one or the other...or both.

Envious
08-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Lol, forgot about Kamzan... "WTS best war on server, 10k"... I think some Saudi prince? bought it. O_o

Then there was Telen... and the Telen army... and his suspected Triad connects cause of all those photos he used to post with his 9 fingers or whatever and mountains of drugs. Then, he died. =(

Anyone remember Necanta? DE female wiz or someshit, had people cyber'ing her for a long ass time until someone posted the RL photo and it was a fucking biker? Lol

XiakenjaTZ
08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Xiakenja here. Highland Army, Indignation, Something, Pande (for 2 weeks then quit 3 months or so into Luclin).

Remember, Redbird, The Triumverate... mykel (jewel crafter) I think and his brothers...
Zanatos, Tallon, Ranadiel, Sumi

Tallon Zek times is still going strong, lots of old memories in the archives.

rak-012
08-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Great to see TZ pals here.

I played up till '04. Great times.

Skrimp
08-03-2011, 08:21 PM
TZT was the absolute best. God dam the real life threads there were epic. Please, can anyone remind me of the Dark Elf Cleric (real life female) that was the subject of so many epic posts. She was a real pain in the ass and one of the first non Pandemonium's to get her epic.

By the way. Check out how many people create posts here whining about needing rotations on dragons etc. If it was a pvp server, there would never be one such thread.

Envious
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Nobody remembers Zaldar??

O_o

Guy was a terror.

JayDee
08-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Highland Army

was highland army the human only guild

XiakenjaTZ
08-03-2011, 10:49 PM
no, we were hypocrites and cross teamed with all good races

Misto
08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
If you weren't playing on Rallos Zek you were a griefing girly man.

Learn to kill people within your level range and not cry over your pixels. You jacknobs.

AstyTZ
08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Also, is AstyTZ Asticious? He hasn't been vocal as of yet :(.

Unfortunately, no. I was the more obscure Asty. I played a troll shaman named Astyanaxx from a little before Velious came out to a little after PoP came out. All of the guilds I can remember being in:

Progeny of Hate
Minions of Zek
Pahojen Kilta (sp? its been a while lol)
Indignation

Envious
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
If you weren't playing on Rallos Zek you were a griefing girly man.

Learn to kill people within your level range and not cry over your pixels. You jacknobs.

Tallon was a 8 level spread?...

XiakenjaTZ
08-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Two things I forgot...

Stature of the Gods. If I remember that was pre Indignation.

Was anyone else around for the "South Karana War"

Xiak

Kope
08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Tallon was a 8 level spread?...

Forum troll is a troll :P

Kope
08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
But yes, Stature of the gods was around for a very long time. One of the longest standing (non dark) race based guilds that stayed that way.

I remember every race group had a race only guild, except for elves lol.

DARKOAN - halfer druid, was uber and hacked to all hell.

Atmas
08-04-2011, 01:32 PM
But yes, Stature of the gods was around for a very long time. One of the longest standing (non dark) race based guilds that stayed that way.

I remember every race group had a race only guild, except for elves lol.

DARKOAN - halfer druid, was uber and hacked to all hell.

I believe SoTG eventually becamed allied with Inidg though and a lot of their higher level members went there. But yes a long lasting guild.

There were a few elven guild but none of them ever went anywhere or were as notorius as Dark guilds or LoTU.

XiakenjaTZ
08-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I was there for that. No one left SoTG we just changed names when we merged with a dark guild. When Darkoan left I think Lonrid took over. Thats when I basically stopped playing.

I think our first joint raid was Temple of Veeshan.

I was grouped with Darkoan a bunch and I never really noticed blatant hacks but I was pretty naive back then when it came to that sort of thing. I forget who was always the main PvP group but the name Penelope sounds familiar. She was a girl IRL if I recall.

Kope
08-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I never really noticed blatant hacks

He was pretty good about not making it blatant but in pvp wars with PDM he'd warp around, zone to non connecting zones easily and instantly etc... He only used them when he needed to, but that did make him a greater threat than entire guilds together.

the name Penelope sounds familiar. She was a girl IRL if I recall.

She was a grandmother, still surprised a woman of her age owned on a pvp server.

tranch
08-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I had so much respect for Darkoan. I loved the dudes attitude - especially for me being in pandemonium so long. Darkoan was maybe one of the dirtiest players not guilded in PDM. Back in the day if you /q while dueling you would XP kill someone and I used to love seeing all of the bitching going on when he would do that to people. He would train guild raids etc. He was a genuine guy if you knew him, I considered him as much of a friend as I could, but man he did not hesitate to fuck someone right in the ass.

Kope
08-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I also remember towards the end of my EQ career in PoP if you went up to a mob outside of one of the planes and said something along the lines of "Disco Sucks!" You'd get a key to get to a zone.

Salty
08-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I played on TZ a month before kunark came out. I was lvl 12 and would do Neriak > Freeport raids.

Was in Minions of Zek when Talon was running the show.

Human Retribution were doin it pretty big around then.

Week after kunark I rolled on Prexus so I could blue it up.

korian
08-04-2011, 04:51 PM
salty,im from prexus, who was your toon there, bluebrother and what guild were you in.
gostfaas - hateraid pulling extraordinair
jebidai
korian

i was in talionis and then much later nameless order

Marglar
08-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I just recently started here. I played on TZ for a longgg time and was in a handful of guilds ranging from halas empire and human retribution, to lex invictus, xanadu and stature of the gods/indignation etc.

I had the most fun in Xanadu - I loved being a teen with no responsibilities in life raiding with the euros. I met some great people there.

just rolled up a barb warrior after searyx started encouraging folks to check it out on tallonzektimes. noob life is rough again but I enjoy the classic pace and the accomplishment it brings with it.

lordyamish
08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
guess this here will be my first post on p99

played yamish motorbreath, iksar shaman

was in ancient blood then obsidian pact

i used to love the sunday lake of ill omen battles...what i would give for that again

or start pvping in nek forest and follow the trail of targets all the way to innothule...great times

Envious
08-05-2011, 03:01 AM
FOR THE OVER DARKOAN!

Lol, guy was so loaded with shit he jacked from SotG.

SearyxTZ
08-05-2011, 05:30 AM
TZT was the absolute best. God dam the real life threads there were epic. Please, can anyone remind me of the Dark Elf Cleric (real life female) that was the subject of so many epic posts. She was a real pain in the ass and one of the first non Pandemonium's to get her epic.

Synnovea. ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~sydneyqs/feminist/fem-looks.jpg

SearyxTZ
08-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Atmas, Searyx, Skippie, Xantile, Kope, I remember all of you from TZ. I played several chars there. Damjina DE Rogue, Shinshio the Monk, and spent quite a bit of time on Taelaria DE Cleric, and Hurora dwarf Cleric. All Indignation, cept for Shinshio.

Good to see you all here. Searyx and Skippie should remember Leaks from the Solb days, hes on here too. As Leaks again

I remember you too!

And Leaks. We had a little SolB monk kinship... I spent way too much time in that zone.

Xantille
08-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Lol, forgot about Kamzan... "WTS best war on server, 10k"... I think some Saudi prince? bought it. O_o

Then there was Telen... and the Telen army... and his suspected Triad connects cause of all those photos he used to post with his 9 fingers or whatever and mountains of drugs. Then, he died. =(

Anyone remember Necanta? DE female wiz or someshit, had people cyber'ing her for a long ass time until someone posted the RL photo and it was a fucking biker? Lol

'Ahmed' bought Croazil, not sure he bought Kamzan. At one point, he wanted both, then he wanted to sell me Croazil.

Telen died irl, that's true.

I remember Necanta as some female DE who roleplayed rly hard. Never cybered him/her though :(

Skrimp
08-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Synnovea. ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~sydneyqs/feminist/fem-looks.jpg

Dude! thank you. Synnovea lol what a good time she was

Skrimp
08-05-2011, 01:09 PM
I remember you too!

And Leaks. We had a little SolB monk kinship... I spent way too much time in that zone.

Yes we did. Was a ton of Fun.

Skrimp
08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
FOR THE OVER DARKOAN!

He actually changed his name to Clariburnus and Changed SotG to Indignation. Awesome and feared player who was one of the few to never give in and join Pandemonium. I had huge respect for him, but he was my friend so lol.

Skrimp
08-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Marglar~

I saw you auctioning in EC for noob war gear. I msg'd Leaks and said, "I just saw a Marglar, lol" You were certainly a respected player on TZ. I was in Halas Empire with you, and Indignation. Glad to see you here

Kope
08-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Dang, Kamzan and Croazil, names from long past.

Shelrabbi - Halfer warrior in PDM for a while.

Elphor was a cool guy, him and his girlfriend.

Fais, Myndless and their crew were cool guys.

I remember Elphor saying he went to a BBQ where he saw some disco and Indig people and they told him the expected him to be a huge jerk IRL. They were incredibly surprised that someone in PDM could be a cool person lol.

Henrik was a really good person too, really really kind person.

Envious
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Fais, troll war or SK?

Fais, False, Faus, were there all 3? Or am I mistaken Faus for Fais?

Kope
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Fais, troll war or SK?

Fais, False, Faus, were there all 3? Or am I mistaken Faus for Fais?

Fais was a troll Warrior. Faus was a separate person but I can't remember the race/class he was. Fais actually sold somewhere around PoP, I knew the guy that bought him.

False was a DE SK.

Kope
08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Kreepindeth - cool human mage from PDM

Tzeenth - DE Mage from PDM around PoP time

Haze - DE Enchanter in PDM around PoP as well

Vladimyr - Bard in PDM.

SolayceTZT
08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Solayce Maledictus

DE CLR

Fist of Innoruuk, Sedition, Discordia

wondering how it will all play out if/when red99 comes to fruition.

Marglar
08-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Marglar~

I saw you auctioning in EC for noob war gear. I msg'd Leaks and said, "I just saw a Marglar, lol" You were certainly a respected player on TZ. I was in Halas Empire with you, and Indignation. Glad to see you here

lol. glad to see some familiar names around here as well. it's amazing that we can see char names from ten years ago and still recognize people!

Marglar
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Solayce Maledictus

DE CLR

Fist of Innoruuk, Sedition, Discordia

wondering how it will all play out if/when red99 comes to fruition.

I would hate to make progress here and bail, but if red99 came out and there was enough population to support it, I'd jump ship immediately.

I don't think red99 will ever come around, though. it would cut population from blue99 for sure.

SolayceTZT
08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm definitely there if it happens. Just a function of how often I can play.

Skrimp
08-05-2011, 04:17 PM
lol. glad to see some familiar names around here as well. it's amazing that we can see char names from ten years ago and still recognize people!

It was that great of a community. :)

Marglar
08-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I am seeing a ton of drama regarding raid mobs and the way the top guilds treat each other here. I see a lot of posts yearning for a solution of some sort.. that's what made pvp servers so great.. :D

it must be frustrating having direct competition and being unable to do anything/stop them from getting raid targets. I haven't really experienced that on a blue server

Kope
08-05-2011, 04:41 PM
if red99 came out and there was enough population to support it, I'd jump ship immediately.

/agree

lissjos
08-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Lots of familiar names here =)

I used to play a DE Necro called Nossfer in pahojen kilta

I later switched to a Iksar beastlord called Yabba Dabbadoo =)

lissjos
08-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Actually just want to make a quick side point.

The people on TZ who knew me durring original EQ should pretty much laugh at this. I was very young back then, and qutie angsty myself. I remember Aeeleb had a screenshot of me raging when he killed me at the WC druid portal. I was young and very angsty.

/point off

I remeber you ;) i Had some fun fights and talks with you in Sro with my Necro nossfer :D

Nyrod
08-06-2011, 05:30 AM
i was in pahojen kilta up until i quit around jan 2002 de cleric Carcharoth

i just remember during 2000 sometime i wasnt out of highschool yet and the guild had some gathering in sweden and i was thinking how creepy that would be o_O

course since then i have met other EQ players IRL :P

JayDee
08-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Marglar the great merchant of tallon zek

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I must be thinking of Fais, I think he was one of the MTs for my first real guild.

Zooblamy

SanlavenTZ
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Original Fais still posts on TZT

Knuckle
08-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I am seeing a ton of drama regarding raid mobs and the way the top guilds treat each other here. I see a lot of posts yearning for a solution of some sort.. that's what made pvp servers so great.. :D

it must be frustrating having direct competition and being unable to do anything/stop them from getting raid targets. I haven't really experienced that on a blue server

marglar you old dog how are you

Marglar
08-07-2011, 12:17 AM
marglar you old dog how are you

my my sir judging from your profile pic you are rather handsome. how are you doing these days

Envious
08-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Original Fais still posts on TZT

I checked TZT a couple times over the past 5 years... but havent really frequented it after getting banned from the original one in like 2001?

Envious
08-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Will try and make an effort to post there. I think the only 2 times I have posted I was looking for Ninnu / Darlana and Sarsharek. Lol

SanlavenTZ
08-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Just saw Darlana post again for the first time in years. Current TZT switched over from the EZBoard forums about 6 years ago and is run by Utumno, who is much better than the shitty admins from back in the day.

SolayceTZT
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Just saw Darlana post again for the first time in years. Current TZT switched over from the EZBoard forums about 6 years ago and is run by Utumno, who is much better than the shitty admins from back in the day.

O RLY

ratting you out sir!

Chewybunny
08-09-2011, 12:24 AM
zomg its marglar! lol i remember when you pked the gm in kelethin bank

VorsikTZ
08-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Very cool, good to see so many TZers here. Recognize a few names as well. Main was Sensibo(monk). Guilds were Minions of Zek, Warlords of Zek, and Pandemonium.

muffins
08-09-2011, 01:00 AM
There's a pvp server up, you all should check it out. Called Project Zek on the server list.

Envious
08-09-2011, 01:51 AM
There's a pvp server up, you all should check it out. Called Project Zek on the server list.

No box'ing, classic exp, and 17 ppl online.

No thx.

That setup would work with 150ppl online, maybe.

Marglar
08-09-2011, 01:54 AM
zomg its marglar! lol i remember when you pked the gm in kelethin bank

LMAO I forgot about that. he went linkdead and I pk'ed him. hahaha

muffins
08-09-2011, 03:46 AM
No box'ing, classic exp, and 17 ppl online.

No thx.

That setup would work with 150ppl online, maybe.

You must be looking at the wrong server. Boxing is allowed, and xp is def not classic.

Envious
08-09-2011, 05:22 AM
You must be looking at the wrong server. Boxing is allowed, and xp is def not classic.

Yeah, got them mix'd up. But it did say close to classic exp rates...

What killed it for me is realizing its the server with all the MQ users that got kicked from R69.

lordyamish
08-19-2011, 07:22 PM
this thread went for 17 pages and nobody even mentioned the terror known as bellagio

im kind of disappointed

Envious
09-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Nobody knows who Bellagio is.

Is more sad nobody else knew Zaldar... =/

Buhbuh
09-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I was Buhbuh, ikky monk clan. My brother was Ratizzity, friends were Itzon, Rushian, Werld, and Attak. I think shortly after Sedition and Veneration merged, someone in our guild bought Kamzan (that was in the later days). He was stacked even in PoP. I think I was in The Revelation (was that it's name?) and Pahojen for a few weeks. Then Ratizzity, Synnovea, and I made Lex Invictus, and we sort of left it in her hands and cut. Then uhh, Sanctimony, Discordia, and quit.

Bellagio was that twink ranger who ran around mud pits and warslik's with like an FBSS and a woodsman's staff.

I remember Shelrabbi.

That's funny, Elphor was one of the kindest people I remember in PDM. I was always cool with a lot of the officers. Wildd, Skippie, and Mythd were always pretty nice.

There was a lot of PDM in Fungus Grove right around the time everyone started quitting and Telen started buying everybody =p.

I remember in FG seeing Sensibo, Xantille sometimes, Crashem, Cessy, Ralf (I think? Rolf? Halfing Ranger), Myndpyre all the fucking time, Sarsharek, Cydd, Kylt and Ramic once or twice, Keamina a few times to just pick me off with some AM3, Deloth, Gylen, Aiva, Rayn.

Cydd seemed like one of those nice pals.

Lasher
09-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Played Quint human ench day 1 of tz to pop and slowly switch to Assail a de rog as my main.

Was in The Elementai with Rulan then Aliance of the light then Sotg then eventually pdm.

Rolled with Azzuno, Bimli, Gotenkz,tedrick,Neferti,koladaf,Trean,Fendiil.

Some how got invited to the Ikky Club as an honorary member

Started rolling with Oraculum/Kadvar/Gongshow and Regis/Letsjoe and havent been able to get rid of them since

Amuk
09-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Buhbuh bringen back memories haha. I was in The Revelation as Gaanon, and then switched Fist of Innoruuk. Later I played Bamzal and griefed that Synnovea pretty hard, trained you guys in The Hole I remember and received the most epic nerd rage from her. I thought Sanchez was the co-founder, is that you Buhbuh~ I later traded Bamzal and played Amuk with FOI till we merged to Sedition and then up untill about the Discordia merge and quit.

I kind of hugged the Fist of Innoruuk crews nuts, was only like 16 and, although I could joust decently - didn't really know much about raid content.

I remember spending a lot of my time on Amuk griefing EXP grps in velks - and ran into Telen on quite a few occasions, I'd fuck with him but really couldn't touch him. Did a lot of plugging and hill bugging/Mryo bp healen - was pretty much the only place a solo melee could picks fights with an easy way to escape/plug/hill bug.

I remember beating Tucc in a duel and him posting graphs regarding his internet connection - think he later de-leveled his toon to 20 somethen with a RB or some shit maybe he sold. Got my ass handed to me a few times by Tzuten in rogue joustage - also remember when my guild was Sedition and our darks killed all the indignation (sotg) lights in skyshrine, and their darks killed all our lights, so we sat around and talked a bit - was one of the funner pvp fights I remember, was fun killing KOTWR in hate also, or our first TOV raid as FOI.

So many sporadic memories that are broken and fragmented - I see Solayce posten here I'd love for him to post some of those SS's if you still have, I remember we killed some guild in tov and lined up along that wall for ss's - or the hate pvp ones. Regardless I'm going to end my novel.

Lasher
09-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Was synnovea like a monk or cleric? I Remember this one chick who two boxed a monk and cleric and when her cleric didnt get some loot she went off the deep end and split personality between her characters and then de leveled at neriak

ToV fights were brutal especially if you were a light guild zoning into a dark guild or a x teaming guild. I remember in sotg before it had darks we would zone into pdm in tov and there would be a wall of ogres and trolls in a cirlce or piled up at the door to keep them locked in

Amuk
09-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Dark elf female cleric - absolutely fucking nuts, which made it that much more fun.

Xareth
09-01-2011, 10:57 PM

I think you're right. Lots of money. Alfrid went for $2k also, but I think Lightadam was on the same account so..

HAHA Necanta. Sinr, Erondiel, Sumi...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/stuff167/games/Walluen_Kill.jpg

And I remember fighting you Acillatem and Atmas as well as Eras. All at once more often than not :cool:

Xareth
09-01-2011, 11:08 PM
FOR THE OVER DARKOAN!

Wow, how could I forget that shit. He had ALL that guild's items, lol

Bard? Wood elf I thought. Come again?

Xareth
09-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Got my ass handed to me a few times by Tzuten in rogue joustage

Well Tzuten / Tssunami was definitely one of the best jousters / melees on the server so...

reba
09-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I played on TZ for a few years. I was Brakish, a shaman, of <second rising>. I also played a beastlord, rebiil in <xanadu> then on to <indignation>

Wizerud
09-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I played on Tallon Zek from when I started in June 2000 till Dec 2001. Spent most of my time in a rl friend guild, a little time in KotWR and then my rl friends all moved to Luclin when SoL came out so my red-land experience was over.

So many names in this thread I thought I'd never hear again. So many memories of those times...selling in GFay and doing shady deals with darkies at the wizard spire, constant /w in Thurgadin, sniping on noob darks in EC at the Nek zoneline, constant dramas in Oasis, LOIO, OT...

All of us created erudites for some reason and right after we started playing I remember one guy, a high elf wizard who used to roleplay being an erudite-hater. I guess he coulda been racist irl too but who knows. It seemed like we'd run into the guy every night and he'd always kill at least one of us (gearless noobs that we were). And of course he was always around 6 levels higher than us. I cannot for the life of me remember his name tho :(

Great times.

Xareth
09-02-2011, 12:43 AM
All of us created erudites for some reason and right after we started playing I remember one guy, a high elf wizard who used to roleplay being an erudite-hater. I guess he coulda been racist irl too but who knows. It seemed like we'd run into the guy every night and he'd always kill at least one of us (gearless noobs that we were). And of course he was always around 6 levels higher than us. I cannot for the life of me remember his name tho :(

Nah, probably just a lowbie killing char that roleplayed. Live servers had such high pops that there were non-lvling alts/twinks in every newbie area.

Envious
09-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Bard? Wood elf I thought. Come again?

I just didnt know him. =P

Buhbuh
09-02-2011, 02:45 AM
Bigolow hacked so blatantly. He was like Fuzyfoot, but more destructive because of being a meatshield. He was the first encounter I had with that /stick command, and I got fuckin' raped until learning later how to screw with it and beat it.

Atmas
09-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Sup Buhbuh, hows the Rat man?

Wawaka
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Played barb rogue Rzor, around start kunark-end velious, eventually traded account with trusken(necromancer) and $'ed out.. :)

used to play with all the danes, like brommix, droppy, cano, beaounegar, felitias/kuda, Ariel, smalltalk(who won a survial thingy by using minor illusion, lol) and my brother Darxon/Trean. :)

Wawaka
09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Well Tzuten / Tssunami was definitely one of the best jousters / melees on the server so...

Tssunami was a monster.. Had all the items u'd need as a monk :)
He let me use his toon a few times, the thing would own anything

Lasher
09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Wasnt it fuzyfoot who crashed SSRA when emp was at like 5%

Nirgon
09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I believe Lasher, the wise old halfling he is, played TZ and has voted against teams.

tranch
09-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Tssunami was awesome as a monk but I have to say that he was by far the nastiest rogue I have ever seen on Tzuten. His jousting timing was above and beyond anything I've seen and I was a pretty good jouster on Skippie. He molested Wyndolyn from afterlife in a duel during the test of tactics. That is an old school name =)

Lasher
09-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I believe Lasher, the wise old halfling he is, played TZ and has voted against teams.

Teams had their fun and it was lolsy in mass pvp because you would need at least 2 main assists running at once.

Wonder how well a FFA server that had like +-8 and nothing else would of done on live. Your choices were soft coded teams, FFA with item loot, or Hard coded teams

Kope
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/stuff167/games/Walluen_Kill.jpg

Hah that's win right there!

Kope
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Yes that was fuzzy. I heard emp was at 1% but I couldn't say I wasn't in the zone.

Nirgon
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM

Wonder how well a FFA server that had like +-8 and nothing else would of done on live.

Woulda been many lvl 41s getting one shot by ice comets, even with the damage nerf.

Lasher
09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Tz was like that. i remember getting one shotted by icecomet once but not every wizard had it.

Splurt was the spell that fucked me the most until i learned to dispell it. For what ever reason i never feared a mage i think the only mage that caused me grief was jerrin.

RB rogs catching sitting casters was always funny. One thing vztz never got right was sit down dmg.

Wawaka
09-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Double backstabbing sitting casters in will forever be a glorious memory :)

cant remember if it was double 900's with RB, or 1200..(on a caster) You remember?

*edit*

Also dmg is increased on people sitting down on p99.

Buhbuh
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Ratizzity is good. He did the whole WoW thing and found this emu stuff to be shitty. He's never tried it, but y'now. Whatevs!

I never got to fight Tzuten when I actually learned how to PvP. I remember the dude who bought him in Fungus Grove and he was terrible.

But when I was like 52 at the scarabs in Seb, I remember Tzuten sneaking down and picking off our chars one by one. He was fast and had good timing. Well played rogue, for sure. He had to run off at one point after killing the cleric and 2 casters because my brother Harm Touched, but he was a beast. We just left after he killed everyone but us =p.

Gylen was the ridiculous one for me. I think I was still around lvl 56 or 7 in Chardok, after PDM took over Sebilis from the darkies. He came into Chardok with the White Resistance Stone, his new fungi robe, and a primal bat. 14 vs. 1. All dead. With his stats maxed like that and his resists so high, he got down to like 86% after mending. No one could hit him =p.

I always enjoyed being the underdog though. Fightin' for the little guys. I probably should've joined PDM at one point. I was asked to all the time. That fuckin' halfing Ranger officer in PoP was like, "HEY, ARE YOU HAPPY OVER THERE? Dude, just come here. You only have to play 19 hours a day and you get to loot all the trash no one wants...sometimes!" Was it Ralf? Rolf? Relf? Rulf? I think I helped that dude out before he went PDM or something and we became pals.

Emperor was at 1%. Wildd was up there breaking charms and trying to kill ENC's doing the CC portion of the encounter. I don't think it worked. He might've done the insta gate potion when he got low or whatever. I think it was Celestine who was down by Cursed, in waiting. I don't recall it being Fuzyfoot. That battle was epic. 4 years on 56k, yo. Good times with 120 people in Ssra!

Does anyone still keep in contact with the Skoaldiak's? I really wish I could get in touch with Skuzz :/. Guy was a fuckin' riot.

Kope
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
There's at least one skoaldiak playing here. Nreekay. His char is gnomarian or something, a gnome necro.

Zalaerian
09-02-2011, 01:02 PM

That was Kylt, tho Kendrick and Wildd did rape their CCing on the one attempt

Kope
09-02-2011, 01:03 PM
That was Kylt, tho Kendrick and Wildd did rape their CCing on the one attempt

I'm pretty damn sure it was fuzzy because he got banned for doing it.

Zalaerian
09-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Wasnt she that like lvl 35 ranger who sat on kids all day in OT with Woodmans Staff and shit?

Wawaka
09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey Tibberz, How you've been?

And, are you planning on returning to EQ? ;)

Zalaerian
09-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Just waiting for R99 pal

Wawaka
09-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Aight, stay in touch then.. :) still on rift?

Zalaerian
09-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Nope, that lasted 2 months. I think Ranix was the only who stayed.

Wawaka
09-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Uff =/

Im trying out p99, just too see how bad it actually is.. And im telling ya.. its evil.. (exp)

Lasher
09-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty damn sure it was fuzzy because he got banned for doing it.

thought it was fuzzy but who knows shit was years ago , hated aa'
s but Ssra was cool

Kope
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Btw some of the old PDM are playing on World of Tanks (Henrik, Wildd, Knowe, Haze, a few others). Never played the game myself but they say it's fun.

Titanuk
09-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Kreepindeth - cool human mage from PDM

Tzeenth - DE Mage from PDM around PoP time

Haze - DE Enchanter in PDM around PoP as well

Vladimyr - Bard in PDM.

haze still plays live lol

Kope
09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
haze still plays live lol

Wow really? There were days where i thought his head was going to explode. Cool guy but a little on edge sometimes haha.

Buhbuh
09-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Kope, I think you mentioned Darlana earlier being cool. I was thinking that but then remembered that was the wrong DE clr.

Droogan was fucking cool.

Kope
09-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Kope, I think you mentioned Darlana earlier being cool. I was thinking that but then remembered that was the wrong DE clr.

Droogan was fucking cool.

Well, Darlana was intense and loyal. Very very intense... not a bad guy though

Drammer - dwarf clr

Zanatos, Danadaf

Buhbuh
09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Didn't Drammer win BoTB?

Envious
09-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah, nobody should doubt Ninnu (Darlana).

Guy was always straight up, and is the only person I still talk to on live.

And, for the fucking record: Ninnu > Myndpyre

Amuk
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I seem to remember Fuzyfoot challenging someone to an IRL fight behind a fucking shopping centre or something.

Kope
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I seem to remember Fuzyfoot challenging someone to an IRL fight behind a fucking shopping centre or something.

Fuzzy was definitely a punk.

Buhbuh
09-02-2011, 08:00 PM
He railed casters with that /stick command, but with anyone else who could melee, he wasn't so hot.

AstyTZ
09-02-2011, 08:22 PM
He actually changed his name to Clariburnus and Changed SotG to Indignation. Awesome and feared player who was one of the few to never give in and join Pandemonium. I had huge respect for him, but he was my friend so lol.

Just to clarify, Clariburnus was the halfling ranger that Darkoan rolled after those became available. He "retired" Darkoan, so pretty much every applicable raid drop went to Clariburnus to gear him up. Soon after he was fully geared, he started playing Darkoan again. Lol.

Fendiil did the best impressions of Staniv (sp? High elf enchanter, officer of Indig). That guy went off the wall spouting random jibberish when someone messed up.

AstyTZ
09-02-2011, 08:27 PM
And I remember Bellagio. She used to terrorize Nek forest before she moved out to OT/WW area. I also remember some deleveled monk named Lindain that used to be pretty tough.

My friends and I had a brief stint running around Nek forest a little after Velious came out with toons all with the "uska" suffix. I played a bard named Liduska. 1-shotting level 6 casters with Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood pre-nerf was so mean.

Tonomar
09-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I remember a SICK DE SK named Elrek in Warlords of Zek. He was best pvp'er I've ever seen.

Lasher
09-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Just to clarify, Clariburnus was the halfling ranger that Darkoan rolled after those became available. He "retired" Darkoan, so pretty much every applicable raid drop went to Clariburnus to gear him up. Soon after he was fully geared, he started playing Darkoan again. Lol.

Fendiil did the best impressions of Staniv (sp? High elf enchanter, officer of Indig). That guy went off the wall spouting random jibberish when someone messed up.

Indignation was a joke and officer sucked. I think Charysma left Calladen? for Zartas the Danish karate instructor and married him

Xareth
09-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Tz was like that. i remember getting one shotted by icecomet once but not every wizard had it.

I remember that Tallon was one of the only wizzies to have it at first - had only heard stories about ice comet.

I was low lvl pvping with some low lvl lights. High lvl light rolls up and heals one of the dudes I was fighting, and Tallon starts casting out of nowhere. IC takes guy down to 20% and he dropped him with the next spell.

Splurt was the spell that fucked me the most until i learned to dispell it. For what ever reason i never feared a mage i think the only mage that caused me grief was jerrin.

Splurt, winged death, and ebolt. Fuck my life if I got hit with one. Learning to pumice was the only way to stay alive (and pots for ebolt).

Jerrin was one of the most skilled mages. But then again 9/10 mages were fucking terrible, and just got to 50+ with /petattack.

RB rogs catching sitting casters was always funny. One thing vztz never got right was sit down dmg.

The best sound ever - gives me a boner. Double backstabbing sitting clothwearers...when's red99 beta again??

Xareth
09-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Gylen was the ridiculous one for me. I think I was still around lvl 56 or 7 in Chardok, after PDM took over Sebilis from the darkies. He came into Chardok with the White Resistance Stone, his new fungi robe, and a primal bat. 14 vs. 1. All dead. With his stats maxed like that and his resists so high, he got down to like 86% after mending. No one could hit him =p.

As much as I hate to talk up Gylen...he didn't even need the gear. Sick at pvp. I remember him taking out full groups solo, and inspired me to try the same crazy shit. I learned a ton from fighting him as well.

Envious
09-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Just to clarify, Clariburnus was the halfling ranger that Darkoan rolled after those became available. He "retired" Darkoan, so pretty much every applicable raid drop went to Clariburnus to gear him up. Soon after he was fully geared, he started playing Darkoan again. Lol

FOR THE OVER DARKOAN!

Xareth
09-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Wasnt she that like lvl 35 ranger who sat on kids all day in OT with Woodmans Staff and shit?

Yep, that's it! Fought 'em lots, don't know how I forgot that.

I remember killing lots of people with Bellagio too. I did underhanded shit like that all the time. Crossteaming rogue from the getgo - needed any advantage possible.

And what up Zalaerian. Doin red99 big in memory of good ol' TZ.

Lasher
09-03-2011, 01:14 AM
How about Mythd meleeing people down with primal 2hnder?

Envious
09-03-2011, 11:21 AM
How about Mythd meleeing people down with primal 2hnder?

Or Azuur

Chewybunny
09-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I was on TZ from 2000-2004 roughly. Doubt anyone remembers, I never liked end game and mostly pked in Paludal Caverns

Djorolm

and Phumbaba were my mains.

Skrimp
09-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Indignation was a joke and officer sucked. I think Charysma left Calladen? for Zartas the Danish karate instructor and married him

That guild had a lot of that stupid real life drama that lead to lives getting all fucked up. Mine was somewhere in there too sadly. But I did like Lonrid and Clari none the less.

Knuckle
09-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Yep, that's it! Fought 'em lots, don't know how I forgot that.

I remember killing lots of people with Bellagio too. I did underhanded shit like that all the time. Crossteaming rogue from the getgo - needed any advantage possible.

And what up Zalaerian. Doin red99 big in memory of good ol' TZ.

i remember looting gylens froglok crown on vztz, glorious pixels NU pvp 2008 era.

Don't let nostalgia get a deathgrip on you, everymotherfucker on red99 is gonna know the ins and outs of eq and eqpvp, it wont be nearly as fun when everyone is a wolf.

Kope
09-04-2011, 12:07 AM
i remember looting gylens froglok crown on vztz

Does anyone know if this was original Gylen or buyer Gylen?

Yukahwa
09-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I have to be honest Knuckle When you say something and I see brad pitts face I think "ya know..he might be right" regardless of what it is.

Hopefully there will be some regular old blue 99'ers enjoying the red server..not all wolfs..maybe.

Hagglebaron
09-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Lmao I'll be there as a pvp newb. I expect there will be a fair amount of us unless alot of the wolves take it upon themselves to grief us off

Xareth
09-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Don't let nostalgia get a deathgrip on you, everymotherfucker on red99 is gonna know the ins and outs of eq and eqpvp, it wont be nearly as fun when everyone is a wolf.

Depends on the ruleset. I like your analogy so...

I think we'll have a good number of sheep to start out with, question is how long they will stick around. This is why the rules have to be set so delicately. If the rules are too harsh the sheep won't have enough time invested in xping, questing, and evercamping that they don't want to quit - despite how difficult things may be.

A server full of wolves is good only for so long, but a balanced server of wolves and sheep can last until the final drop of content is squeezed out. The funny thing is, even know most of the sheep know they're sheep, they just don't understand wolves, so they think they'll stick close to their friends and all will be well. And as long as we don't let the cat out of the bag too soon enough sheep may stick around to make this thing work.