PDA

View Full Version : 49+ Necro Leveling, CoM tips?

SupaflyIRL
07-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I recently left seafuries for the first time in like two weeks and ventured into CoM. Killed like three mobs and then got trained, killing my pet and leaving me with no pet weapons.

I'm either looking for tips in getting the most XP possible as a solo 49 necro in CoM, or some better locations to solo. Doesn't matter if its fear kiting or pet tanking or whatever it just needs to be somewhere I'm not going to have to either fight for spawns or be forced into downtime by other players fucking up. I'd like to solo all the way to 60 if possible, but I did get my seb key last night so that would be an option too in a few levels.

I currently have all my 49 spells and all my vendor spells up to 54.

karsten
07-28-2011, 10:56 AM
CoM is a fabulous place to hit as a necro, and I did at 51. With undead lull you can pick and choose mobs with relative ease (careful, the golems are of course not undead) and there are a couple open spaces where you can effectively fearkite (you'll get the hang of it once you see how they tend to move when feared)

it will take you a bit in order to get a rhythm down, and although level 49 should be pretty solid for the entrance mobs, due to needing to root rot mobs occasionally you get a big, big boost once you can mem splurt.

SupaflyIRL
07-28-2011, 11:04 AM
CoM is a fabulous place to hit as a necro, and I did at 51. With undead lull you can pick and choose mobs with relative ease (careful, the golems are of course not undead) and there are a couple open spaces where you can effectively fearkite (you'll get the hang of it once you see how they tend to move when feared)

it will take you a bit in order to get a rhythm down, and although level 49 should be pretty solid for the entrance mobs, due to needing to root rot mobs occasionally you get a big, big boost once you can mem splurt.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well (re: splurt). The entrance mobs are mostly light blue to me at 49 and give little to no xp at the moment, where would you suggest I do 49-51? Seafuries really wouldn't be a problem I was just getting sick of it. If that's really the best I can do at the moment I'm fine with that.

Have plenty of plat for what I need, so at this point pure xp is paramount.

karsten
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
dreadlands is an excellent place to fearkite at 49, because although there's no super xp mod, the mobs are relatively low hp.

spectres are still great as well :) i did 50 on my necro before kunark though so i didn't have a ton of other options at the time.

Autotune
07-28-2011, 01:48 PM
I did charm killing in Lguk and it was by far the fastest way to get xp 49-max50. that was before the changes tho. Now it seems the necro calm spell and charm just suck. Before you'd hardly ever get aggro off a calm resist, now it's about a 80% chance that it will get resisted with aggro. and with the changes to FD(making it terrible if you aggro a pather) it adds more to the /wrist factor.

However, if you just pace yourself, it still should be the best place to do some charm soloing. and a decent place to xp, just not to 60(prolly good till 54/55)

Muerte
07-29-2011, 03:42 AM
Guk should be your best bet. You charm or use your pet. Charming is more fun.

Muerte
07-29-2011, 03:50 AM
And note while rest the dead is worse now it's also better as it no longer requires line of sight.

Charm has also been significantly improved, it no longer seems to require charisma and so lasts longer with under 200 charisma. Before one needed over 200 charisma and that was a pain as you would need to trade hp gear for charisma gear.

The above poster is right, at 54/55 it's kind of slow.

karsten
07-29-2011, 05:15 AM
once you hit 55 ish, (can even go sooner) get yourself an HS key and solo howling stones. you'll ruin your OT faction but the speed at which you xp there is ridiculous

SupaflyIRL
07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm an iksar so I bank in OT in skele form. Ended up back at seafuries and will probably stay until 51 for splurt. Working on getting my HS key but after seeing the idiot poopsock fest where people are killing chancellor and getting right back in line after dying to put the prod on their corpse it pains me greatly to give these people asking price.

Either way I'm looking forward to transiioning to charm killing as I did that a lot on live with my enchanter.

Autotune
07-29-2011, 01:16 PM
And note while rest the dead is worse now it's also better as it no longer requires line of sight.

Charm has also been significantly improved, it no longer seems to require charisma and so lasts longer with under 200 charisma. Before one needed over 200 charisma and that was a pain as you would need to trade hp gear for charisma gear.

The above poster is right, at 54/55 it's kind of slow.

yeah, I guess I just haven't gotten used to the differences lol.

garyogburn
07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
CoM to HS imo.

In CoM, the blob hut is excellent. You have to do a couple 2 mob pulls to break it, but once its broken its easy. Good loot/xp.

Dont have a ton of experience with HS, but the ent area seems pretty easy and the xp is very good after 54 when the blob hut starts to slow down.

Messianic
07-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Tangential question - What soloing locations do you veteran necros recommend 40-49?

Sparkin
07-30-2011, 02:51 PM
In p99 kunark beta the best place I found in CoM to charm kill was the pyramid on the right when you first zone in. Sucked that the place was packed to the brim when it opened though so I never got a chance to use it. A greater war-boned skelly could spawn in a specific spot there, and as a pet it would annihilate anything else in the area with such ease it was just silly. Don't know how charm / lull mechanics are now but it was a great spot to 53 if they're still usable.