PDA

View Full Version : Everquest Next PvP?

dusk883
07-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Any news? My understanding is that EQ Next will bring punishment back to Everquest which, on its face, sounds great when you add PvP to that mix. Of course, that was the theory with Vanguard, too.

Anyway, any announcements that EQ Next will also have PvP? Seems to me its fruitless to wait on any P99 pvp enabled server and time to look ahead?

Kelven
07-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Please hold your breath until then.

Kope
07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
You do realize that any new EQ game will be completley developed by SoE right?

SoE is what destroyed what original EQ had. They have no understanding of what the true core playerbase wants, and they just keep trying to chip off parts of the WoW playerbase (eq2?)

dusk883
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
You do realize that any new EQ game will be completley developed by SoE right?

SoE is what destroyed what original EQ had. They have no understanding of what the true core playerbase wants, and they just keep trying to chip off parts of the WoW playerbase (eq2?)

Well, while I understand that sentiment theres a SMALL chance they get it right imo because the last thing I heard about EQ Next was that they wanted to go back and remake what made EQ so much damn fun, risk and reward and how it didn't happen in EQ2, where looking at game mechanics for the original EQ was the way to go... that in itself is a revelation for SoE and MAYBE they do get it right for once.

Kope
07-28-2011, 12:43 PM
MAYBE they do get it right for once.

I'd love to see, but i won't hold my breath for SoE again :(

Pudge
07-28-2011, 12:53 PM
eh. i dont have high hopes. what makes money nowadays is WoW clone. not hardcore gameing

they have to be willing to not cater to the masses.. and.......... if i was running a business like sony my goal would be catering

tranch
07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
I do have to say that Sony has said that they do not want a wow clone and want to have similar game play as EQI. I have high hopes for EQNext - the only issue is release date. We are a ways out.

Nytewind TP
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
They dropped the ball on EQ2 if you ask me. All they had to was upgrade the graphic engine they used in EQ2, some new things and it would have been fine. Original EQ with upgraded graphics from EQ2 and it would have been better. Dont fix/change what isn't broken.

Zereh
07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
They have no understanding of what the true core playerbase wants, and they just keep trying to chip off parts of the WoW playerbase (eq2?)

Their problem was trying to please a playerbase that would never ever ever be happy. They should have just stayed true to their own design.

Nirgon
07-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Battlegrounds

Salty
07-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Some dude sent me a message on FoH that registered Brad's personal blog, asking about information to be taken off the site (whois info being his address and other personal info).

I made sure to let him know to tell Brad that we look forward to hearing from him on the FoH forum about his new project.

Hoping that he bites, he said that he would pass the message.