PDA

View Full Version : WTB Is Trading for a SWTOR Beta Legal?

Tiggles
07-28-2011, 11:38 PM
If so i'm Trading plat for a SWTOR beta invite

Also have a Battlefield 3 beta invite to trade for as well

PM me

If it is not with in server rules feel free to lock this thread with my apologizes

citizen1080
07-28-2011, 11:48 PM
I doubt its legal...but what do i know..i want a key too =)

Alex
07-29-2011, 12:19 AM
If it's legal I'll buy your battlefield 3 beta key

Phallax
07-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Its outside of game/server items so Id say yes its illegal

Sponge
07-29-2011, 12:51 AM
From what I understand, you cannot purchase those beta keys for money, they are simply given to whomever they choose. Since it technically has no real money value, then trading plat for it is within the rules. Whereas trading plat for a plasma TV, is like trading plat for whatever amount of money you could sell the plasma TV for.

Phallax
07-29-2011, 01:52 AM
From what I understand, you cannot purchase those beta keys for money, they are simply given to whomever they choose. Since it technically has no real money value, then trading plat for it is within the rules. Whereas trading plat for a plasma TV, is like trading plat for whatever amount of money you could sell the plasma TV for.

You can however turn around and sell that beta code with zero repercussions tho

Alex
07-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Tigs! Wtb your b3 beta key!

Slave
07-29-2011, 02:11 AM
NOT legal. Good luck with your bans, fellas.

Autotune
07-29-2011, 02:16 AM
I'd give plat for a D3 beta key ;)

Loke
07-29-2011, 04:04 AM
I seem to remember there being past precedent for this - pretty sure WoW gold / characters have been traded for p99 platinum / characters and it was OK'd by staff since both are technically no-value, non-tangible, virtual items. I could be mistaken though.

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Bump

quellren
07-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I seem to remember there being past precedent for this - pretty sure WoW gold / characters have been traded for p99 platinum / characters and it was OK'd by staff since both are technically no-value, non-tangible, virtual items. I could be mistaken though.

I'd be interested in seeing the thread that set this precedent, my thinking is that since WoW requires a monthly sub fee, it makes WoW characters and gold worth real money. You can't realistically get these things without real money being spent.

Seems RMT to me.

casdegere
07-29-2011, 11:30 AM
If you have to ask...

Wotsirb401
07-29-2011, 11:42 AM
I would also like to see this post/message. You can sell wow gold all day long for real cash. This is how the Asian farming companies run their business

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I'd be interested in seeing the thread that set this precedent, my thinking is that since WoW requires a monthly sub fee, it makes WoW characters and gold worth real money. You can't realistically get these things without real money being spent.

Seems RMT to me.

True and a betakey is free just a special promotion type of deal.

still taking offers for the 2nd key also if your interested we can work out like a sharing system if your trust worthy.

I just wanna play some some off days to see if the game will be trash.

guineapig
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm going to let Rogean make the decision on this one because it seems to be somewhat of a gray area.

Extunarian
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I'll give you $10 for it.

shit, now it has real world value.

Skope
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
True and a betakey is free just a special promotion type of deal.

still taking offers for the 2nd key also if your interested we can work out like a sharing system if your trust worthy.

I just wanna play some some off days to see if the game will be trash.

apparently it's pretty good from what I've heard.

PS - give me your b3 key naow.

casdegere
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Accounts etc from other games are gifted to people all the time. Its not about how you obtained the item. It's about its real world worth/value. Slap that baby up on ebay and I guarantee it has real world value. I could be wrong but I doubt the devs want to start turning over that stone.

This is why p1999 plat, accounts, items or game time are not exchanged for real world items with value. It goes against the Sony Eula.

deakolt
07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I'd give plat for a D3 beta key ;)

I'll give my left nut for a D3 beta key

Autotune
07-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I'll give my left nut for a D3 beta key

yeah, i could see playing BF3 for all of 2-3days. However when D3 hits, i'll be gone... long gone into the darkness for a minimum of 10months.

quizwhiz
07-29-2011, 12:26 PM
That's a lot of right clicking.

Loke
07-29-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21583&highlight=trade+world+warcraft

Is all I could find - while there was no comment from Rogean or Nilbog, Secrets did make a comment (not to say a simple comment from Secrets means that it isn't against the rules, but it definitely speaks to the ambiguity of these types of trades). I could have sworn there was one where Rogean actually replied, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway - until the thread gets locked or you get told not to, I would assume that this isn't a RMT since no tangible items would actually change possession. Everything has "value", just because someone is willing to pay for something does not make it currency, and to my understanding the issue with RMT was that P99 wants to provide their service free of charge to avoid facing possible legal ramifications - I don't see how that would apply to the trading of one game account for another.

Seaweedpimp
07-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah this is a toughie. loke makes good points, and so do others.

Just wait on rog / nil maybe even uth ~

Troy
07-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Didn't they already establish that you can't trade plat on this server for plat on another, even if it's a free server (i.e. nothing of any monetary value changes hands but it's still not allowed)? I thought the rule was you can't trade anything on p99 for anything that's not on p99.

Slave
07-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Didn't they already establish that you can't trade plat on this server for plat on another, even if it's a free server (i.e. nothing of any monetary value changes hands but it's still not allowed)? I thought the rule was you can't trade anything on p99 for anything that's not on p99.

Yes.

Seaweedpimp
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
On the ez server youy can buy plats with cash. So thats basicly why you cant trade there.

Dantes
07-29-2011, 03:25 PM
People sell forum signatures for plat. How's that any different? They let 1 get by, so that opens the flood gates. Forum signatures, beta invites, web design, blow jobs... It's all fair game. If you can do it, you can trade it for plat. Honestly if they are going to say NO to one and YES to another, they should either ban all "non-monetary" trades or allow all of them.

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Games pretty awesome

someone buy this beta

also a perk is you get to play with me

Also i'm in IRC if you would like to make an offer there

guineapig
08-02-2011, 12:03 AM
The official word is:
"Anything for P99 Accounts for external game accounts or stuff won't be allowed".

Just going to lock the thread.