PDA

View Full Version : Druid help

Sorcor
07-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I am looking for a little advice on where to level my druid. I never played a druid much on live and I am having a tougher time getting to the high teens.

When I can get groups its fine of course I am looking for some solo help to fill the in-between times.

My gear sucks right now as I am new to the server and have no twink-bankroll.

I was doing the sisters in LF but that camp is highly sought after and there is often someone there.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Striiker
07-29-2011, 11:00 AM
You should indicate what your current level is. I know that it can be approximated from the sisters camp comment but it's better to be accurate.

Rasah
07-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Class forums would totally save server space. That way this thread wouldn't exist 50 times.

Tumdumm
07-29-2011, 11:06 AM
i went to oasis after sisters but haven't gotten a lasting group yet (13 now), soloing in surrounding desert areas meanwhile, decent exp for outdoors

Estu
07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Once you hit 14 or 15 you can head to EK and start charming lions and wolves to kill stuff. NK is also good.

Messianic
07-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Class forums would totally save server space. That way this thread wouldn't exist 50 times.

QFT

A few questions to clarify your question:

As said above, what level are you?

If you're of level to do the Sisters, i'm assuming you are roughly between 9-15. While that's a bit of variance, you do have a lot of options...

Do you want to group or solo?

If group and you're 12+ - Unrest, Kurn's (if you're willing to make the journey, Kurn's is a gem for levels 13ish-low 20s), Oasis (although it's obviously crappy exp grouped), Upper guk, etc...

I recommend soloing until 19, though. You'll feel useless because your heal freaking sucks right now. At 14 you get your first animal charm spell, which is surprisingly good (Cha doesn't affect druid charm). If you cast it on low blues as opposed to stuff that's only a level below you, it has a really good duration. There are plenty of charm guides around here, but suffice it to say it's a good strat. You also have animal fear, root, and can dot OK at 14 (flame lick + Swarm).

If solo, NK is an ok option. Lots of open space and animals. You can also solo the spiders in upper guk solo, which is surprisingly good exp (ZEM) and decent loot (spiders drop gems up to 4-5pp occasionally).

They're rarely camped - and if the spiders near the named giant heart spider are camped, you can solo the 4 spider spawns near the lower guk dead side zone line. They're virtually never camped. I did that from 17-20 on my wizard because it was a consistent, safe place to level. Once you break the 4-spawn (Ask me if you need to know how to do this - you can kill them one at a time easily if you know which ones to pull first, but if you pull the wrong one it brings three or all four), it's a steady, effective exp camp.

If you choose to do this, though - don't turf your frog faction, because they wander all over that pit area and you won't be able to solo it with level 18-22ish frogs beating you down.

Sorcor
07-29-2011, 12:10 PM
As pointed out I forgot to mention that I am 16th level

I went to oasis but the crocs do too much damage. but I totally forgot about charming animals.

I will give that a try.

Messianic
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
As pointed out I forgot to mention that I am 16th level

I went to oasis but the crocs do too much damage. but I totally forgot about charming animals.

I will give that a try.

You're not supposed to be tanking them ;)

Vladesch
07-29-2011, 01:07 PM
At around level 11-12 I was soloing a level in well under 2 hours at the raider camp in the SE of NK. I was killing 3 in a row on a charge of thorns between med ups. (You might need to buy some cheap AC gear)
You have to use harmony, quite often it needs 2 casts to pull safely.
If you mess up a pull, you WILL die at this camp.

Use thorns, and try to stay in TREEFORM, since that is basically free healing and will double your kill rate.

Also you get chunky xp from handing in the sashes. Give them to chesgard sydwen in the qeynos paladin guild and you will get bronze weapons which is pretty nice money at that level.

at 13 a few go light blue, but still worth staying there till 14.

as for the crocs, again if you are in treeform (so you dont havee to waste mana healing yourself) and have decent ac gear, you can kill quite efficiently with swarm and thorns. And later again with the aviak guards in lake rathe. You just need 1 cast of each of thorns, swarm and some nuke to finish them off, and your hit points will regenerate as fast as your mana most times.

Messianic
07-29-2011, 01:13 PM
At around level 11-12 I was soloing a level in well under 2 hours at the raider camp in the SE of NK. I was killing 3 in a row on a charge of thorns between med ups. (You might need to buy some cheap AC gear)

Thorns doesn't last as long as it used to - this won't work without recasting thorns. Nonetheless, it's probably still fairly effective.

Sorcor
07-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks

I will have to use treeform more and get some better AC gear.

I have about 250 Plat what gear should I be going for?

Raavak
07-29-2011, 04:19 PM
What are you wearing?

Stormhowl
07-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Level 16, I'd focus on Caimens / Deepwater Caimens if you plan to stay in the Oasis. They don't hit nearly as hard as Crocodiles / Deepwater Crocodiles. You can reliably get up to 19 or 20 grinding them, though you may need to start hitting up Deepwater Crocs by level 19 to keep the exp flowing.

At 20, I'd go to either SK and grind at KFC, or hit up Crag Spiders in EK. However, both spots are camped, so unless you play at off-peak times they won't be that great and you'll be competing for pulls. I did Crag Spiders up to 25, then went to LOIO to solo and group at the Sarnak Fortress until I'm 30.'

If you're daring, I'd go with what other people suggested. I only did what was safe and convenient for me, and this in no way is a quick way to level. :3

Sorcor
07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
sadly I am still mostly wearing patchwork with a few pieces of studded leather

Like I said my gear sucks.