PDA

View Full Version : People who buy RMT stuff

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Don't use the same account name geniuses

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 11:09 AM
also that was with just literally 5 minutes of checking that forum is FILLED with idiots.

Phallax
07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
could always be fake names on the other site, youd need ip checks to be sure, but if those are legit...wow lol

Oncedark
07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Wow, didn't know that existed. You linking to the selling sites prolly not the best way to cut down on RMT.

I'm surprised people pay that kind of money though.

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Wow, didn't know that existed. You linking to the selling sites prolly not the best way to cut down on RMT.

I'm surprised people pay that kind of money though.

I guess i thought that site was common knowledge.

The staff here bans people left and right because I think they know who the plat sellers are and they just follow the trail in game and ban the idiot buyers.

Everytime someone posts a "I randomly got bant i didnt du nuttin wronz" thread 90% of the time they bought plat off that site.

Its totally unsafe and only a fool would use it.

Doors
07-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Why the fuck would you ever link that website.

Anger
07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Young RMT Knight.

Seriously though, if you don't get banned for facilitating RMT platinum trades for linking this website, I'd be very impressed.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I guess i thought that site was common knowledge.

The staff here bans people left and right because I think they know who the plat sellers are and they just follow the trail in game and ban the idiot buyers.

Everytime someone posts a "I randomly got bant i didnt du nuttin wronz" thread 90% of the time they bought plat off that site.

Its totally unsafe and only a fool would use it.

^^This

There are people who are going to read this thread, disregard ban-hammer and try and acquire platinum through that website.

Go back to dumb, do not collect 200$

Aadill
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Young RMT Knight.

Seriously though, if you don't get banned for facilitating RMT platinum trades for linking this website, I'd be very impressed.

Agreed. Tiggles you should probably edit and put in Petitions/Exploits instead.

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Think I should remove the links?

Aadill
07-29-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd totally remove the URLs

Anger
07-29-2011, 11:28 AM

You're just as guilty for browsing that site and posting a link to it here as someone actually buying the plat.

"I just sold him the gun officer, I didn't make him kill someone with it!"

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM

It'd be prudent. Petition instead, get them plat farmers outta business.

PurelyElf
07-29-2011, 11:33 AM
uhm. i don't think he should remove the link. curious to see how easy it was to find the site, and: http://www.google.com/search?q=buy+plat+1999&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

tiggles doesn't sell guns imo.

Anyway, I think the bigger problem is the selling of accounts for in-game stuff, because it seems to happen lots more. Why is this allowed? :S

Arkanjil
07-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Good find and detective work!

Aadill
07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
uhm. i don't think he should remove the link

From what I understand, and this may be only a minor post but it can get Rogean in trouble if it's found directly on his site, even if someone is just pointing out how stupid it is. Better to play it safe than have it picked up by a crawler bot that caches it.

tiggles doesn't sell guns imo.

Have you SEEN him?

Anyway, I think the bigger problem is the selling of accounts for in-game stuff, because it seems to happen lots more. Why is this allowed? :S

People sold accounts all the time. If someone wants to trade a Fungi Tunic for a decently leveled character or other equipment, so be it. It's all in game and no different than trading an item for an item (if you consider a character a commodity).

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I will keep it for now until asked to remove.

This issue is growing every day

Xaleban
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
$40 for 10k? Ahahahaha ahem < cough > whew ok im good now

guineapig
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I removed the links cause I think everybody gets the idea.
Good finds Tiggles.

If you want to forward them to an admin though go for it!

Anger
07-29-2011, 11:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Z6CS-j-R4
CARAMELLDANSEN!!

Skope
07-29-2011, 11:43 AM
also that was with just literally 5 minutes of checking that forum is FILLED with idiots.

it's been reported already, oddly enough. actually more than once, too.

I'd imagine it's a pita to keep track of and investigate all of that crap.

guineapig
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM

By the way, I'm not as bad as some would have you believe.

I do not think Tiggles was trying to be malicious when he posted that information. I could be wrong but that does not seem to be his MO.
Also, he was also willing to remove the links himself.

Admins will still have the ability to view the pre-edited post to get any information they require so the post did serve a purpose.

Aadill
07-29-2011, 11:59 AM
server a purpose.

I read this as sever. Not only are you bad at typing but I'm bad at reading! :(

Anger
07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
By the way, I'm not as bad as some would have you believe.

I do not think Tiggles was trying to be malicious when he posted that information. I could be wrong but that does not seem to be his MO.
Also, he was also willing to remove the links himself.

Admins will still have the ability to view the pre-edited post to get any information they require so the post did server a purpose.

Wasn't an attack at you. Just seemed pretty ridiculous to be posting links to a RMT site on the main forum. His post count would seem to indicate that he knows exactly where this kind of shit should be posted. There's an entire forum for petitions, and hell even a personal message to any guide/gm/forum mod would have sufficed.

I, for one, did not know the site even existed until I read this post. I wonder how many others are in the same boat.

PurelyElf
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
People sold accounts all the time. If someone wants to trade a Fungi Tunic for a decently leveled character or other equipment, so be it. It's all in game and no different than trading an item for an item (if you consider a character a commodity).

People sold accounts all the time for RL money. Characters and no drop items should not be commodities. People were never intended to trade characters :S

guineapig
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Wasn't an attack at you. Just seemed pretty ridiculous to be posting links to a RMT site on the main forum. His post count would seem to indicate that he knows exactly where this kind of shit should be posted. There's an entire forum for petitions, and hell even a personal message to any guide/gm/forum mod would have sufficed.

I, for one, did not know the site even existed until I read this post. I wonder how many others are in the same boat.
I hear ya... When I originally reported that site a long long time ago, I posted it in the exploit/petition forum as well.

deakolt
07-29-2011, 12:21 PM
makes more sense to ban the sellers

Autotune
07-29-2011, 12:24 PM
You're just as guilty for browsing that site and posting a link to it here as someone actually buying the plat.

"The guy that bought the gun could have killed his victim with a stick."

WizardEQ
07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
People sold accounts all the time for RL money.

Yes. I still remembering spying toons sold on ebay. Was so much fun before seeing a lvl 60 Uber-decked out Warrior for $1,500. Who the hell would pay for this? Guess lots of people did.

That's when a game becomes more than a game IMHO.

Zereh
07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Red P1999: please make this happen, and my money is yours (Red P1999: please make this happen, and my money is yours)

Kope
07-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Red P1999: please make this happen, and my money is yours (Red P1999: please make this happen, and my money is yours)

You do realize if you say stuff like that they CAN NOT COMPLY legally right?

deakolt
07-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes. I still remembering spying toons sold on ebay. Was so much fun before seeing a lvl 60 Uber-decked out Warrior for $1,500. Who the hell would pay for this? Guess lots of people did.

That's when a game becomes more than a game IMHO.

money's just a game don't let it sweep you up

Kope
07-29-2011, 12:39 PM
You do realize that servers cost money to maintain, and that if individuals aren't actually turning a personal profit from server donations, that there's nothing illegal about it right?

do you actually understand the legality of making money?

Having someone offer you money to complete a task is different than random donations.

Do you even understand the basics of our legal system? Why contracts are so important?

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I hear ya... When I originally reported that site a long long time ago, I posted it in the exploit/petition forum as well.

I don't think the exploit section increases post count.

Seaweedpimp
07-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Ive had my roa on ebay for 3 months and nobody will caugh up 3 grand for it.

Why?

Aadill
07-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't think the exploit section increases post count.

It does.

deakolt
07-29-2011, 12:50 PM
do you actually understand the legality of making money?

Having someone offer you money to complete a task is different than random donations.

Do you even understand the basics of our legal system? Why contracts are so important?

plz explain !!!!! o wise young economist

Kope
07-29-2011, 12:59 PM
plz explain !!!!! o wise young economist

Lol i'm not an economist but I do have a friend that is, and he pounds the basics into my head every time we talk, which is the only real reason I know this.

Agreed exchanges of money for services is basically a temporary job and is treated as such in the legal system.

Unsolicited donations for work is a different matter if it is not discussed.

This is why you can never really offer Rog money to do a task for you on the EQ box, but you can make any random donations you want (say a monthly donation of $19.95 as long as it's not mandatory or discussed as such).

Also, lets say it does get back to the legal system and SoE tries to sue Rog for intillectual infringement, what will happen? SoE can afford the lawyers and everything is documented on this website. They can just take a screenshot of the solicitation and the case is pretty much done.

Kinda along the same lines of why George Lucas won the suit on the guy making the stormtrooper suits and selling them in America, but lost the suit in Europe. America is very stern on intillectual property rights right now.

Kope
07-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Not worth it to me tbh

deakolt
07-29-2011, 01:07 PM
true thanks for clarifying that's actually some good knowledge

Lol i'm not an economist but I do have a friend that is, and he pounds the basics into my head every time we talk, which is the only real reason I know this.

Agreed exchanges of money for services is basically a temporary job and is treated as such in the legal system.

Unsolicited donations for work is a different matter if it is not discussed.

This is why you can never really offer Rog money to do a task for you on the EQ box, but you can make any random donations you want (say a monthly donation of $19.95 as long as it's not mandatory or discussed as such).

Also, lets say it does get back to the legal system and SoE tries to sue Rog for intillectual infringement, what will happen? SoE can afford the lawyers and everything is documented on this website. They can just take a screenshot of the solicitation and the case is pretty much done.

Kinda along the same lines of why George Lucas won the suit on the guy making the stormtrooper suits and selling them in America, but lost the suit in Europe. America is very stern on intillectual property rights right now.

nalkin
07-29-2011, 01:10 PM
If SOE shuts us down will they stroke my head and then kiss me before they destroy me? I'd like to know if my passing will be comfortable.

Kope
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Shut the fuck up moron

I'm not sure where you come from but spewing personal insults doesn't stoke intillectual debates where I'm from.

quido
07-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm trading Jeremy and all his goodies for Newports. Whoever offers me the most cartons gets the account.

Zereh
07-29-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm trading Jeremy and all his goodies for Newports. Whoever offers me the most cartons gets the account.

Noooo, go with Camel Crushes! That way your friends who mooch cigarettes can have a non-menthol if they choose.

Seaweedpimp
07-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Noooo, go with Camel Crushes! That way your friends who mooch cigarettes can have a non-menthol if they choose.

I have no friends + i smoke the highest quality smokes which atm seem to be newports.

Aadill
07-29-2011, 01:36 PM
I have no friends + i smoke the highest quality smokes which atm seem to be swamp logs.

I know your secret.

Seaweedpimp
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Lickidy splits

Harrison
07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Have fun paying money to kill yourself lol

Dr4z3r
07-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Ive had my roa on ebay for 3 months and nobody will caugh up 3 grand for it.

Why?

Might be because you spelled 'cough' wrong?

Kassel
07-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I am an economist, however not terribly young. It is my educated and experienced opinion that one should talk to lawyer not an economist when discussing the legalities of intellectual property ! Kinda like going to your butcher when you have foot pain !

Kope
07-29-2011, 01:54 PM
I am an economist, however not terribly young. It is my educated and experienced opinion that one should talk to lawyer not an economist when discussing the legalities of intellectual property ! Kinda like going to your butcher when you have foot pain !

True point haha

Kope
07-29-2011, 02:01 PM
To tell you the truth the friend I was talking about is an auditor for one of the big 5. Doesn't make him an expert but he definitely has a wide base of information.

/ Still doesn't make him right :P
// Same goes for me :)

Atmas
07-29-2011, 02:08 PM
I think in any case you can do the people nice enough to make a server for you a favor and not risk them getting involved with legal action by not posting that you want to buy services.

Kope
07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I think in any case you can do the people nice enough to make a server for you a favor and not risk them getting involved with legal action by not posting that you want to buy services.

Agreed, as well as making a small donation (unsolicited, not required) for them being all around nice people

Seaweedpimp
07-29-2011, 03:08 PM
I just got a PM asking if i take Paypal for PLing.

sonofabitch~

Messianic
07-29-2011, 03:09 PM
I just got a PM asking if i take Paypal for PLing.

sonofabitch~

snitch on that sucka

Seaweedpimp
07-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I hate to snitch, and the guy never showed me numbers. He just asked if i take paypal.

Upon further research it seems to be that he knew it was aginst the rules , and was still trying to go for it.

Wut a dueshe

Harrison
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
The awesome thing is the mods can check your pms, ban inc for douchebag!

Tiggles
07-29-2011, 03:43 PM
The awesome thing is the mods can check your pms, ban inc for douchebag!

They can check whaaaattt??

Envious
07-29-2011, 03:51 PM

This is the reason why everyone should not be able to vote.

That site is common knowledge. Anyone with a fucking browser can google "project 1999 + buy plat" and get a dozen websites.

OMG! ITS KNOWLEDGE! HIDES IT NOW BEFORE PEOPLE SEE.

Fag.

Envious
07-29-2011, 03:53 PM

I just sent Amelinda a link to several that were posting... but that was like 2 weeks ago.

Either way, that one guy is a fag.

Envious
07-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Sigh... and Kope... seriously. No. Just no.