PDA

View Full Version : the hole? when are you coming out?

bakkily
07-31-2011, 04:41 AM
just wondering how far the devs are from releasing the hole, figuring it should be out by now

Salty
07-31-2011, 07:18 AM
ya

Origin
07-31-2011, 08:12 AM
ya

Sup dawg

Slave
07-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I think we all like the hole.

Krait
07-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I think we all like the hole.

This.

visage
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
This.

I recently visit there all the time. True story

Rasah
08-01-2011, 01:30 PM
The Hole is released at the same time that Naggy and Vox are limited to 52 and under. So it should happen when, uhh, oh wait. Who knows.

CrotchCricket
08-01-2011, 01:54 PM
BUMP - anyone know if this zone is actually live on p99??? i can't recall any gear i have seen that comes from there. I would love hunt the ZI and hang out with all the people whos corpses are deep down. Plus who doesnt love the doublefisting elementals?

Madprops - Hate me for it.

bakkily
08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
figure it should have been released already, but im patient, but the devs have allot they're currently working on

Orruar
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
"the hole? when are you coming out?"

That's what she said.

Chippy
08-01-2011, 02:32 PM
figure it should have been released already, but im patient, but the devs have allot they're currently working on

keyword is patience, after all we don't pay shit for this god send of an emulator.

Raavak
08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Dev's already said there's been setbacks due to tornadoes and stuff, and Rogean on another thread said he's been working overtime at his paying job. Patience is a virtue.

Slave
08-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Plus who doesnt love the doublefisting elementals?

Doublefisting elementals in the Hole.

Stormhowl
08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Aside from the afforementioned delays, this IS an MMO we're talking about. Patches tend to come out Soon(tm) if you know what I mean.

I think "Valve Time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Time#.E2.80.9CValve_Time.E2.80.9D)" is applicable here. ;)

Motec
08-01-2011, 08:44 PM
How about instead of whinging you use the Donate feature, and help out a little? A few hundred bucks could go a long way towards these guys making it all a little faster implimented.

Stormhowl
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
How about instead of whinging

I see none of that going on in this thread.

A few hundred bucks could go a long way towards these guys making it all a little faster implimented.

While I think that donating to the server devs IS a good idea merely on principle, I don't think it'll make things release any faster. There's no correlation between receiving money and speed of development. I mean, look at Notch over at Minecraft. He sold his Alpha game for several million and now updates are released slower than an old lady with a walker trying to cross the street.

At best, it'll just help them out financially; it doesn't give them more time to develop or release stuff, because money won't create more "free time" to do it.

Tiggles
08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I see none of that going on in this thread.

While I think that donating to the server devs IS a good idea merely on principle, I don't think it'll make things release any faster. There's no correlation between receiving money and speed of development. I mean, look at Notch over at Minecraft. He sold his Alpha game for several million and now updates are released slower than an old lady with a walker trying to cross the street.

At best, it'll just help them out financially; it doesn't give them more time to develop or release stuff, because money won't create more "free time" to do it.

God i hate you so much.

Also, Our Dev team was attacked by Tornados for christ sakes. Lay off the p99red, Hole,Epics nonsense and enjoy your fucking free server.

How many of you people are honestly doing all the content there is out right now?

How many are you are even 60?

Stormhowl
08-01-2011, 10:12 PM
God i hate you so much.

That's nice. Get in line behind the rest of the RnF crowd.

Also, Our Dev team was attacked by Tornados for christ sakes. Lay off the p99red, Hole,Epics nonsense and enjoy your fucking free server.

The OP and the rest of the posters here were fairly polite in asking for dev confirmation for some sort of time line. No whining, just fair and polite questions/responses. I fail to see how that warrants such a venomous response like yours, especially one that's not constructive to much of anything other than your post count.

Motec
08-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Stop posting, Donate, and enjoy the ride.

Whinging gets you nowhere, being defencive and deflective gets you nowhere.

If you think some cash towards some dudes who got tornado'd (regardless of the level of impact) doesnt help, you're a sad soul. Its not about directly speeding the process of the server, its about making the dev know we appreciate his work.

Crying every 3 days on the forum for the hole, epics, vp, velious, poh/f 2 etc does not give any inclination to actually work on them does it?

Stormhowl
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Stop posting, Donate, and enjoy the ride.

Whinging gets you nowhere, being defencive and deflective gets you nowhere.

If you think some cash towards some dudes who got tornado'd (regardless of the level of impact) doesnt help, you're a sad soul. Its not about directly speeding the process of the server, its about making the dev know we appreciate his work.

Crying every 3 days on the forum for the hole, epics, vp, velious, poh/f 2 etc does not give any inclination to actually work on them does it?

No one is crying (except for you) and no one here said donating was a bad idea or "doesn't help". We're done here.

Motec
08-01-2011, 10:35 PM
You sound mad.

Are you indeed mad?

Pls donate, it'll bring happiness from within.

Motec
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
For the record, I've never said or motioned that any content should come faster. Only that certain content of Luclin should be included at some stage.

I am not mad, I donate, are we still done here?

Uthgaard
08-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Hole and VP are done. As far as why they aren't out, I imagine mostly because we haven't all managed to decide how or when to release them. I know there was a thread about some opening event.

One practical factor, is the next major content patch will have to be the last content patch for a while, because we've got a lot of interdependent content coming up that won't float well partially complete. Planes revamps, chardok revamps, and epics. Several of which are already written out, but not applied.

booter
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
One practical factor, is the next major content patch will have to be the last content patch for a while, because we've got a lot of interdependent content coming up that won't float well partially complete. Planes revamps, chardok revamps, and epics. Several of which are already written out, but not applied.

In light of this info, it seems like Hole and VP will need to be released at the same time (in the next content patch) so that the developers can focus on the interdependent content?

Tewaz
08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Sweet, I can't wait for the market to be flooded by the permacamping!

bakkily
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
np on waiting, i have yet to see seb and charasis, but did them a ton on live, and just got a new job, anyways, looking forward to the hole

Dentalplan
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
What revamps to Chardok and the planes are coming soon, other than epic stuff?

Shiftin
08-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Event for hole opening = classic. Even an artifact given away on live.

Event for VP opening = unnecessary.

Extunarian
08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
What revamps to Chardok and the planes are coming soon, other than epic stuff?

I don't imagine he's talking about the revamp that moves the current god loot to mini's, since that happens after Velious and a year after kunark...unless they are doing it to alleviate some of the poopsocking for epic pieces.

nilbog
08-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Soon™

bluejam
08-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Hole and VP are done. As far as why they aren't out, I imagine mostly because we haven't all managed to decide how or when to release them. I know there was a thread about some opening event.

:eek: I came... then I came again. Now I am sleepy.

Extunarian
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Soon™

and we'll know more in twenty minu-

Kruel
08-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Soon™

<3 Nilbog - Hope all is ok in RL with the damn weather...

Rais
08-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Let me in your hole Nilbog!

Hogie
08-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Soon™

I hope thats not Soon™ (http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon)

guineapig
08-03-2011, 01:52 PM
I hope thats not Soon™ (http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon)

Damn, WoW steals every idea they have:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

:p

Motec
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Event for hole opening = classic. Even an artifact given away on live.

Event for VP opening = unnecessary.

Is this when the prime healers bulwark was handed out? or is my memory all shit?

baub
08-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Damn, WoW steals every idea they have:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

:p

lol both are pretty bad. at least blizzard delivers tho ;p

i mean 9 years for TF2 and that was the finished product? gg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho4vBRnV_vo)

Fourthmeal
08-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I thoguht this thread was about Tralina

Slave
08-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I thoguht this thread was about Tralina

WHAAAT FOURTHMEAL!!!!

Fourthmeal
08-04-2011, 03:30 PM
WHAAAT FOURTHMEAL!!!!

hur hur hur up to my old jokes again hur hur hur

bakkily
08-05-2011, 11:14 AM
your not so funny taco mouth

Shiftin
08-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Is this when the prime healers bulwark was handed out? or is my memory all shit?

Prime healer's bulwark was given out during cleaning of the karanas in Oct 2001.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2120

Was given out at opening of the hole.