PDA

View Full Version : Project Zek Is Going Live

Castle
08-01-2011, 02:02 AM
When?

Amuk
08-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Everybody's playing red69 eqpvp.com, sry bro.

muffins
08-01-2011, 02:14 AM
I think freak will be taking the time to fine tune things before he puts it out there as to not ...sully...ahem... the name of pvp servers.

Castle
08-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Amuk, not interested in another fail server. I had my fill with VZTZ. Fail Box 2.0 (R69) only has 1/3 to 1/2 the population VZTZ had.

I think VZTZ with fixes and a dedicated GM is better than some of the stuff I've been hearing on vent about R69.

Muffins, didn't he say yesterday it'd be out today?

JayDee
08-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Macken will play

Halister
08-01-2011, 04:17 AM
What have you been hearing about R69 on vent? Haven't played on Images servers before but what i've seen so far on R69 is pretty good. Lot's of things are fixed like AC and stats. Seems to be active on fixing things and helping people get lost corpses etc.

Thanks for the servers pals, hoping at some point we can find that one server to rule them all.

fiegi
08-01-2011, 05:06 AM
server seems pretty good, at the very least there are 2 active gm's that are on to help and fix things. as long as they keep it as classic as possible (which is a lot of stuff to change) it has a shot

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 07:27 AM
I had the server up for about 8 hours yesterday. :) I took it down last night to work on some database issues, and bring it up to the latest version of EQEmu. I'm putting the finishing touches on some stuff, and it'll be back up today.

Secrets was kind enough to give me the database from the VZTZ server as it was in place, so currently I'm digging through that for the fixes it contains.

Castle
08-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Will the characters, levels, and their gear be in tact as well or are you wiping that? I think making people start from scratch will be tough, especially since people just did with this new fail-box (R69.)

The vast majority of people wanted VZTZ (population says it all 3x what R69 is) except they wanted it with a dedicated dev and content management. If you could do that, people would flee R69 in droves. If people have to start over, we could have a split and 2 low pop PvP servers =-/

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Will the characters, levels, and their gear be in tact as well or are you wiping that? I think making people start from scratch will be tough, especially since people just did with this new fail-box (R69.)

The vast majority of people wanted VZTZ (population says it all 3x what R69 is) except they wanted it with a dedicated dev and content management. If you could do that, people would flee R69 in droves. If people have to start over, we could have a split and 2 low pop PvP servers =-/

Everything is in tact, chars, guilds, items, everything. :) I'm debating whether or not I want to leave it that way, considering the amount of duping and hacking that was going on. I've got a lot of work to do, going over the logs, but I promised everyone would get a fair shot. Nobody is going to start on this server banned.

I'm not excited about the 1.7 xp multiplier that was in place, I really want that changed, but it's completly unfair to those that will start on the server, compared to those that speed to 50.

I'll know more in a couple of hours to be honest.

Castle
08-01-2011, 08:05 AM
That all sounds great. If someone duped, delete all gear. If someone sploited, reset em to level 1.

But if the vast majority is left intact then I think EQemu PvP is saved, until next week.. how you fix stuff and police the warpers/sploiters will play out how the server will go from there.

Good luck. I am excited to play (if my toon is still there intact.) Rough ETA?

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 08:11 AM
That all sounds great. If someone duped, delete all gear. If someone sploited, reset em to level 1.

But if the vast majority is left intact then I think EQemu PvP is saved, until next week.. how you fix stuff and police the warpers/sploiters will play out how the server will go from there.

Good luck. I am excited to play (if my toon is still there intact.) Rough ETA?

You know how much us Dev's hate to give ETA's! Sometime today the server should be back online, it'll probably spend a day locked while me and my team make sure things are smooth, and fix any last minute issues. :)

Cwall
08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Wipe it imo

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Wipe it imo

The further I get into it, the more I'm inclined to wipe it to be honest, it's not a good situation. Secrets has an awesome friggin code base and database here, and the changes he made are fantastic, but the server went unmonitored WAY to long.

Lazortag
08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Would you be willing to name-and-shame the people who hacked/duped/etc.? I think we could settle for that as a compromise.

Bardalicious
08-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Would you be willing to name-and-shame the people who hacked/duped/etc.? I think we could settle for that as a compromise.

Or just go to mediafire and drop the database etc and post the link here already before you makes changes to it? I'm really not understanding how someone can beg another server admin for their work then turn around and withhold it from others when they finally get it.

Not very classy imo. :confused:

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Or just go to mediafire and drop the database etc and post the link here already before you makes changes to it? I'm really not understanding how someone can beg another server admin for their work then turn around and withhold it from others when they finally get it.

Not very classy imo. :confused:

I'm not trying to withhold anything, nor do I care who has the database. I've got a few things going round right now.

1.) My database is in process, I'm in the middle of making a bunch of changes to things, and to stop, box it up, ship it up to a fileshare (it's 400mb), and then go back to what I'm doing isn't on my top priorities.

2.) I'm not sure what Secrets intentions when he gave up his database are. I dont know if he wanted it freely distributed, or was giving it to me so the server could live on.

3.) I really am not sure what the overall impact of releasing the "hackers" table in the database will have on the PvP community, to start with, 99% of whats in the table is junk caused by bugs, spells, translocators...etc. But the average intelligence of half of this forum will take it at face value and suddenly everyone under the sun is a hacker and nobody will live it down. Dont want reps ruined that way really. Hackers deserved to be called out. Just because their name is on a list in the db though, does not make them a hacker.

Give me some time man, I'll release everything for anyone interested as soon as I get to a good stoping point.

eastadam55
08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Can anyone else log in? Every time I try to it just sits there for a while and takes me back to the login screen.

meta`
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Server will most likely be going up and down today, while fixing things that were previously broken or not working. On a positive note, recharging items has been fixed

Tajin
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
IMO make a server as close to p99 as possible, have the p99 xp rate!

Knuckle
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Wipe it imo

wipe it clean.

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Server will most likely be going up and down today, while fixing things that were previously broken or not working. On a positive note, recharging items has been fixed

^ This

Also, pet agro has been fixed (they will correctly agro groups, as well as correctly generate hate)

I'll be working on the XP rate, as well as the item database. Me and Meta are currently taking a look at drop rates, and tradeskills. We've spent the morning walking around hate and fear and deciding that the loot tables are fuxxored for the planes. lol -

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Tradeskill code is working fine, the receipes are just all screwed up. I'll get them sourced in, so TS's will work just fine.

Also fixed are fizzle and resist rates.

Castle
08-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I think it's clear now to everyone under the sun the few people wanting to wipe it clean either had no loots or got jacked and couldn't play because they lost their corpse in plane of fear lol

But hey, I won't name any names.

<3 you bro, you're still my pvp hero, no lie

Tajin
08-01-2011, 03:53 PM
So what server is everyone playing on!?!?!?!? .. I am just getting into Red 69, and while it sucks that boxing is allowed, its actually pretty fun. I am interested in Freakyunos server, but im hoping it has the following tho:
1) No Boxing allowed
2)classic exp rate. (p99 rate)
3)Item Loot
4)Dedicated GMs

Now can't we all come together and form Project red69!! It would suck to split the population between 2 red servers.

Psycho
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM

or just name the 10 people who didn't hack and there you go.

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
So what server is everyone playing on!?!?!?!? .. I am just getting into Red 69, and while it sucks that boxing is allowed, its actually pretty fun. I am interested in Freakyunos server, but im hoping it has the following tho:
1) No Boxing allowed
2)classic exp rate. (p99 rate)
3)Item Loot
4)Dedicated GMs

Now can't we all come together and form Project red69!! It would suck to split the population between 2 red servers.

1.) No boxing is allowed on this server
2.) The xp rate for solo and groups has been set to classic rates
3.) Item loot is NOT enabled, and I doubt it will be
4.) I've got myself, and 2 others GM's hired so far, still need 1 more, as well as 2 guides

iRFNA
08-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Why no item loot? It makes the people who play to grind squirm a little bit and adds real risk to combat. Why should PvP revolve around masturbating to your equipment?

Knuckle
08-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I think it's clear now to everyone under the sun the few people wanting to wipe it clean either had no loots or got jacked and couldn't play because they lost their corpse in plane of fear lol

But hey, I won't name any names.

<3 you bro, you're still my pvp hero, no lie

oh im sure i could petition for my corpse, im just getting lethargic to everquest in general. nothing is offering the stability and reliability of a daxum type box like the days of yore.

Lazortag
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
oh im sure i could petition for my corpse, im just getting lethargic to everquest in general. nothing is offering the stability and reliability of a daxum type box like the days of yore.

Really? You're doing pretty well on the new red69 box so I figured you were still active.

Cwall
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Gods be praised; the server was wiped.