PDA

View Full Version : TEH RECKONING!!

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
With that said, I have dropped hints in IRC about a reckoning that is upon us.. a large step forward that will be a necessity for a pvp server to be successful. You will know more within a month.

Obviously talking about an anti-hack system, which Secrets was mentioning before he shit canned VZTZ. Grats pals, your whistles are about to get extremely clean.

Kope
08-02-2011, 05:41 PM
your whistles are about to get extremely clean.

Does this mean I can eat off of a meteorite?

Salty
08-02-2011, 05:43 PM
RECKONING

Pudge
08-02-2011, 05:49 PM
THE RECKONING

rejoice and praise His big red name

Pudge
08-02-2011, 06:05 PM
i will now resume patiently awaiting the pvp server. thank you Rogean and devs for (finally) responding to our desperate pleas for a word on a red99

Misto
08-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Obviously talking about an anti-hack system, which Secrets was mentioning before he shit canned VZTZ. Grats pals, your whistles are about to get extremely clean.

screenshot or troll

Tonomar
08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Reading all that drama was about equivalent to watching an episode of Jersey Shore. Thank you for the entertainment Salty and Rogean.

fiegi
08-02-2011, 07:17 PM
def won't be holding my breath waiting for this

Knuckle
08-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Kope
08-02-2011, 07:29 PM

No one's asking you to be. Everyone's been asking for a solid update "that's all we want." Well, here it is.

Sure I'm not waiting on baited breath, but I'm stoked for a true red update :).

fiegi
08-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Has there even been an 'update' ? Everything I read is "just wait and ull see". That is the same shit I hear when i'm tracking people down for money every day :confused::confused:

Kope
08-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Has there even been an 'update' ? Everything I read is "just wait and ull see". That is the same shit I hear when i'm tracking people down for money every day :confused::confused:

I think Rog's words were along the lines of "there will be a true update within the month."

fiegi
08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I think Rog's words were along the lines of "there will be a true update within the month."

ahh ok thanks pal

naez
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
already got my top indians working around the clock

Cwall
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
my body is ready

Darksinga
08-02-2011, 07:45 PM
the update will read: release coming summer 2012

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
This sounded like a pretty solid update to me compared to the "whispers" of what "he said" over mIRC. I for one am comforted that perhaps we wont have to play on servers like Red69, Zek 5.0, VZTZ L&L etc to get our PVP kicks in the coming months.

Tonomar
08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
The update we will get in a month is, "Come back for another update in a month". I notice a trend going on.

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
The update we will get in a month is, "Come back for another update in a month". I notice a trend going on.

If the implication about anti-hack is truthful it's going to revolutionize EQ PVP in a way that Sony and Verant never could. Something well worth the wait to know that the guy next to you isn't gonna speed hack or instant camp, or even use radar of any kind if this is done right.

naez
08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
the hack detection in stock source is good enough im not running trojan keyloggers my indians could crack in 4 hours too

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 08:38 PM
the hack detection in stock source is good enough im not running trojan keyloggers my indians could crack in 4 hours too

I'm not your fucking monkey, Naez!

naez
08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
monkeys get paid with bananas not Keegan's discount plastic man assholes that don't even have hair on the balls/gooch

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 09:03 PM
monkeys get paid with bananas not Keegan's discount plastic man assholes that don't even have hair on the balls/gooch

What kind of bullshit plastic man asshole doesn't even have hair on the balls and gooch? This is an OUTRAGE.

naez
08-02-2011, 09:08 PM
keegan confirmed pedophile

Macken
08-02-2011, 09:13 PM
If the implication about anti-hack is truthful it's going to revolutionize EQ PVP in a way that Sony and Verant never could. Something well worth the wait to know that the guy next to you isn't gonna speed hack or instant camp, or even use radar of any kind if this is done right.

.....which reminds everyone of this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4834784n

Prince
08-02-2011, 09:17 PM
if there's one thing im not

Prince
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
its ur fuckin monkey

naez
08-02-2011, 09:22 PM
"I'm very close with the regulators, so I'm not trying to say what they do is bad, as a matter of fact my niece just married 1" - Bernie Madoff c.2009

Salty
08-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Emperor Salty

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
.....which reminds everyone of this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4834784n

Poor Macken disowned and ignored by his own red brethren to the point he has to start fights and troll bluebies in Server Chat and EC Tunnel. These are dark days we live in, friends.

Prince
08-02-2011, 09:44 PM
9/11/01 + 3/10/11 = 12/21/12

Coincidence???? I THINK NOT

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 09:52 PM
ur face is a coincidence tbh

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
screenshot or troll

I suggest you read this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44300

In which Salty trolls Rogean into spilling the beans.

Misto
08-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I suggest you read this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44300

In which Salty trolls Rogean into spilling the beans.

POST SCREENS OR GTFO

P.S. - hackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackha ckhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhack hackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackha ckhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhack hackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackha ckhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhackhack

fiegi
08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
ya that was a good troll, only way to get rogean to even respond

Knuckle
08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Salty get yo troll on what what

Tonomar
08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
No "Official Announcements" haha, i.e, no red box ever.

eastadam55
08-02-2011, 11:16 PM
All Hail Lo' Rogean

Doors
08-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Naez 4 red99 overlord

JayDee
08-03-2011, 01:01 AM
you have redeemed yourself for all your prior wrongdoings, Salty

Aenor
08-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Still waiting on a Harrison response. I think he's gone into seclusion.

Arillious
08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Still waiting on a Harrison response. I think he's gone into seclusion.

I think the news of a probable pvp server was to much for him to handle.

Banai
08-03-2011, 10:35 AM
fuck yes

Vendar
08-03-2011, 10:44 AM
harrison = banned

but dun worry, i suspect he'll return to shit up more threads with his retarded monkey gibberish soon enough

Pudge
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
i think the time i flamed back got searyx's thread moved to RnF :( (sorry seary) but harrison been too retarded lately. trying to shit on everything pvp related with the same response about hacks

Tajin
08-03-2011, 01:31 PM

its a good thing no one gives a shit if you die or not

Tajin
08-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Pudge, where u been?!?! Been trying to bring the old gang back together, the 1999 all stars. Been tearing shit up on the latest red boxes, but it seems like im just wasting my time because they never last more than a month. Hit me up!

JayDee
08-03-2011, 03:44 PM
its a good thing no one gives a shit if you die or not

why so venomous

Tajin
08-03-2011, 04:38 PM
why so venomous

I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless pvper there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Finkl is a conquerer? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!"

Anger
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Come at me bro! Can't wait :)

XiakenjaTZ
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
This will be epic if and when it happens. Till then I guess people are content to PvP on the message board.

Bardalicious
08-03-2011, 06:07 PM
If the implication is correct, this is a movement that even angry bluebies like Harrison can get behind. No reason to hate on PVP if the hacking has been quelled.

That's a large assumption though.

Pudge
08-03-2011, 10:04 PM
red99 going to be big

BIG

nalkin
08-03-2011, 10:48 PM
le question is what class to be?

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 12:09 AM

Druid and ranger in high demand with a legitimate need for tracking finally, imo!

eastadam55
08-04-2011, 12:16 AM

Roll sk for harm touch. Actually tracking is going to be an amazing skill for pvp, could be useful if your doing a class duo or something hunting players down.

Macken
08-04-2011, 02:26 AM

Never Forget

eastadam55
08-04-2011, 03:34 AM

Never Forget

I kinda allrdy did forget.....

Kope
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM

Bard, SK, Necro, Shaman

Wiz's in kunark + (expansions that don't raise the level cap diminishes the caster's power, every expansion that raises the level cap increases caster power)

Enchanters have their bonuses too :) Destroying your enemy's buffs is awesome!

XiakenjaTZ
08-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I may go Wizard this time. Playing a bard was a bit too much work and I never want to do the mage epic again or camp a tranquil staff again so that would rule out those 2 classes.

Only downside of a wizard would be on a single box server you could never camp any items solo. Unless you are after something well below your range...

Xiak

solid
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Wiz's in kunark + (expansions that don't raise the level cap diminishes the caster's power, every expansion that raises the level cap increases caster power)

Luclin=no lvl cap raise=manaburn=you're wrong

PurelyElf
08-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Mmos are never about solo play

Kope
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM

It was a general statement :P

XiakenjaTZ
08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Could you manaburn players?

I remember people being pissed about wizard groups running around and manaburning old world raid mobs but I don't recall an uproar about it in PvP.

Back on live during Velious I would say the mage epic pet was probably the most over powered PvP bitch. well that and getting crated by that axe from western wastes are what people thought were unbalanced.

Arillious
08-04-2011, 02:12 PM

I remember people being pissed about wizard groups running around and manaburning old world raid mobs but I don't recall an uproar about it in PvP.

Back on live during Velious I would say the mage epic pet was probably the most over powered PvP bitch. well that and getting crated by that axe from western wastes are what people thought were unbalanced.

You could definently manaburn players on VZ.

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 02:13 PM

I certainly remember necro's camping PoK tomes all the time with Lifeburn, though it got nerfed significantly iirc. I don't recall manaburn though but maybe

Arillious
08-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I may go Wizard this time. Playing a bard was a bit too much work and I never want to do the mage epic again or camp a tranquil staff again so that would rule out those 2 classes.

Only downside of a wizard would be on a single box server you could never camp any items solo. Unless you are after something well below your range...

Xiak

Wizards were great in pvp and group pve. They were never intended to be major solo classes. Remember that porting is a huge advantage on a pvp server.

solid
08-04-2011, 02:25 PM
... It's shit like this, VZ and TZ, that makes everyone mock how blue your servers were.

You absolutely could manaburn people. 60 Wizards had Manaburn (instant kill) and instant Nexus gate, along with everything else. They were fucking scary.

Necros had LB which was essentially another 1shot kill, and SK's had DT.

If you could go back in time to replay everquest from its inception, you go: Druid til Luclin, Wizard until pop, Bard afterwords. Anything else and you're doing it wrong.

Kope
08-04-2011, 02:27 PM
... It's shit like this, VZ and TZ, that makes everyone mock how blue your servers were.

Did your mom not love you or something Mr. Troll?

solid
08-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Here's my impression of yall: Oh yeah, my server had tons of pvp. Captain red pvp server. Hey could we cast spells on each other again? I really don't recall.

Kope
08-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Lol you really do have no idea.

Yes we did PvE more than you, our cycle was PvE to own PvP, and it worked. We did have massive wars as well though.

That was 10-12 years ago though, you really can't expect us to remember every single spell every single class used that worked in pvp. I've had many important events happen in my life within the past 10-12 years that I filled my brain with that overrode that information. Obviously you haven't, gratz you?

solid
08-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Cool story bro.

Who the fuck doesn't remember wizards got manaburn?

Answer: A) Bluebies who didn't play on a real pvp server. B) Mouthbreathing idiots who are just staring at their monitor.

Kope
08-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Cool story bro.

Who the fuck doesn't remember wizards got manaburn?

Answer: A) Bluebies who didn't play on a real pvp server. B) Mouthbreathing idiots who are just staring at their monitor.

Forum troll is troll

solid
08-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Bad player is bad.

deakolt
08-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Lol you really do have no idea.

Yes we did PvE more than you, our cycle was PvE to own PvP, and it worked. We did have massive wars as well though.

That was 10-12 years ago though, you really can't expect us to remember every single spell every single class used that worked in pvp. I've had many important events happen in my life within the past 10-12 years that I filled my brain with that overrode that information. Obviously you haven't, gratz you?

anyone who played EQ during luclin past level 50 would not forget manaburn. you lose

Kope
08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
anyone who played EQ during luclin past level 50 would not forget manaburn. you lose

This really makes no logcal sense... I'm pretty much feeding trolls at this point but I figure I should at least attempt to make you guys see logic...but I know it won't work so this'll be my last post on the subject :(

deakolt
08-04-2011, 03:08 PM
This really makes no logcal sense... I'm pretty much feeding trolls at this point but I figure I should at least attempt to make you guys see logic...but I know it won't work so this'll be my last post on the subject :(

explain to me the lack of "logical sense" hahahaha

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Lolololol I remember that wizards could manaburn in PVP thus your argument is invalid.

Fuck you. Quit dragging your baby nuts around the block with a better-than-thou attitude supported by one fragment of knowledge. I'd say it's pretty logical that you don't recall whether or not a wizard could MB in PVP if:

A) You never played a wizard in PVP
B) You rarely, if ever, were the target of said MB

Also, quit shitting up my thread. This is supposed to be a union of all PVP pals to rejoice and celebrate His name for the hope he has restored for us. Not some e-peen sword fighting contest. Pretty sure most peoples' PVP skills are not directly proportional to their knowledge of wizard MB.

The end.

solid
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Pretty reliable test to see if you were a somebody on a pvp server: get manaburned.

Fail to meet the 'get manaburned' requirement? You were a nobody.

Darksinga
08-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Solid, bards were the shit in Luclin with ancient mez and that badass mana drain. I remember draining some classes oom in a few hits. was OP as hell

deakolt
08-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Lolololol I remember that wizards could manaburn in PVP thus your argument is invalid.

Fuck you. Quit dragging your baby nuts around the block with a better-than-thou attitude supported by one fragment of knowledge. I'd say it's pretty logical that you don't recall whether or not a wizard could MB in PVP if:

A) You never played a wizard in PVP
B) You rarely, if ever, were the target of said MB

Also, quit shitting up my thread. This is supposed to be a union of all PVP pals to rejoice and celebrate His name for the hope he has restored for us. Not some e-peen sword fighting contest. Pretty sure most peoples' PVP skills are not directly proportional to their knowledge of wizard MB.

The end.

who cares about your threads? it's just a bunch of bits stored on a computer somewhere. no real substance to them

solid
08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Solid, bards were the shit in Luclin with ancient mez and that badass mana drain. I remember draining some classes oom in a few hits. was OP as hell

Yeah, bards were pretty dope with ancient mez, but that was very endgame luclin (farming aten ha ra/seru). Once bards got FM though, you were the most OP class everquest had ever seen.

Practically speaking, however, you were much better off during luclin just being a god of pvp with MB/Nex gate.

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 04:43 PM
who cares about your threads? it's just a bunch of bits stored on a computer somewhere. no real substance to them

The exact same thing can be stated about your opinions contained within.

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Pretty reliable test to see if you were a somebody on a pvp server: get manaburned.

Fail to meet the 'get manaburned' requirement? You were a nobody.

You seem to fail to understand that some people chose to stop PVPing and/or playing past EverQuest's prime aka Velious. Hence why "classic" PVP servers draw the largest populations.

Your knowledge of things beyond when PVP mattered is unimpressive.

Kope
08-04-2011, 04:56 PM
We're going to (hopefully) get our pvp server soon, yeah! All the cheaters will be banned (first time ever fair game pvp).

solid
08-04-2011, 04:57 PM
You seem to fail to understand that some people chose to stop PVPing and/or playing past EverQuest's prime aka Velious. Hence why "classic" PVP servers draw the largest populations.

Your knowledge of things beyond when PVP mattered is unimpressive.

Could give a fuck less if you "chose to stop pvping" or quit after luclin.

Point is: if you were a somebody after luclin, you got manaburned.
Didn't get manaburned? You were a nobody.
Don't even remember that you could manaburn other players? Extreme nonfactor.
Case closed.

JayDee
08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Solid's anger levels soaring

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8696/angerlevels.jpg

solid
08-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh sup, it's my #1 nuthanger. Hows the swaying from my nutsack business going?

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Could give a fuck less if you "chose to stop pvping" or quit after luclin.

Point is: if you were a somebody after luclin, you got manaburned.
Didn't get manaburned? You were a nobody.
Don't even remember that you could manaburn other players? Extreme nonfactor.
Case closed.

Could give a fuck less if you "remember that wizards could MB" or that you take multiple dicks in the ass.

Point is: whether or not you got manaburned is a nonfactor.
Didn't get manaburned? Who gives a shit.
Don't even remember that you could manaburn other players? Doesn't relate
to your ability to PVP whatsoever. Argue this point til you're blue in the face.

On top of that, unless it's a 1v1 fight, what wizard is going to blow manaburn off the bat and waste his entire mana bar to leave himself defenseless? How does, in a team fight, theoretically say one class always getting prioritized by a manaburn over another have any bearing on your pvp skill?

Furthermore, doesn't manaburn have a cast time of like 6 seconds or was it instant at some point? If you are 1v1 against a wizard, unless you are a melee, why are you going to sit there to take a nuke of any kind to the face when you see them start to cast?

You are arguing a point to justify that you're better at PVP because of something extremely trivial in relation to someones ACTUAL ability to PVP.

u mad, case closed, stfu.

solid
08-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Nonfactor says what?

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Nonfactor says what?

solid mad nobody respectin' him for playing OP classes to get his kills

y u mad tho

solid
08-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Played a rogue all my eqlive life BRO, far from OP.

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Played a rogue all my eqlive life BRO, far from OP.

no wonder u so mad

JayDee
08-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Solid is so heated he is becoming a liquid

solid
08-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Could give a fuck less if you "remember that wizards could MB" or that you take multiple dicks in the ass.

Point is: whether or not you got manaburned is a nonfactor.
Didn't get manaburned? Who gives a shit.
Don't even remember that you could manaburn other players? Doesn't relate
to your ability to PVP whatsoever. Argue this point til you're blue in the face.

On top of that, unless it's a 1v1 fight, what wizard is going to blow manaburn off the bat and waste his entire mana bar to leave himself defenseless? How does, in a team fight, theoretically say one class always getting prioritized by a manaburn over another have any bearing on your pvp skill?

Furthermore, doesn't manaburn have a cast time of like 6 seconds or was it instant at some point? If you are 1v1 against a wizard, unless you are a melee, why are you going to sit there to take a nuke of any kind to the face when you see them start to cast?

You are arguing a point to justify that you're better at PVP because of something extremely trivial in relation to someones ACTUAL ability to PVP.

u mad, case closed, stfu.

Oh, sup bardalicious?

http://i.imgur.com/WuYmE.jpg

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 05:40 PM
lawl!

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Oh, sup bardalicious?

busting out the meme cannon's, better take a Valium bro

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 05:52 PM
http://oi53.tinypic.com/14dire0.jpg

solid
08-04-2011, 05:54 PM
I was expecting a meme retort, but I thought it would be funny.

I gave you too much credit. :(

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I was expecting a meme retort, but I thought it would be funny.

I gave you too much credit. :(

I was merely summarizing your argument for you. It's unfortunate that you don't find the sad humor within it like the rest of us.

Tonomar
08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
I think you two should exchange numbers so you can have an argument over the phone.

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I think you two should exchange numbers so you can have an argument over the phone.

I'm game.

Cwall
08-04-2011, 07:03 PM
oh cool what an original troll i've never seen someone masquerade as an autistic neckbeard before

10/10 you're so funny and good at this solid you got me bro

i mad

solid
08-04-2011, 07:20 PM
?????????????????????????

Cwall
08-04-2011, 07:31 PM
no really you're almost as bad as harrison

i actually wouldn't be surprised if you were harrison

solid
08-04-2011, 07:41 PM
??????????????????

lethdar
08-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Oh man bardalicious is so right, what wizard would ever manaburn someone. I mean, they wouldn't have any defen...

oh wait instant nexus gate.

You dumb bro.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Oh man bardalicious is so right, what wizard would ever manaburn someone. I mean, they wouldn't have any defen...

oh wait instant nexus gate.

You dumb bro.

Oh man lethdar is so right, a wizard in group pvp (which is what I was referring to if you had the reading comprehension to understand what I said) should totally manaburn off the bat and insta nexus gate to leave everyone else behind.

solid
08-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Ok, in group-arena-wow pvp, that you seem to assume all group pvp is or something, you manaburn raidbuffed gamebreakers like cleric/bard off the bat, sure. It makes it ez mode to finish the encounter.

ANYWAY, lets not get off-track here. You idiots didn't even know you could cast manaburn on PCs.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 12:22 AM
ANYWAY, lets not get off-track here. You idiots didn't even know you could cast manaburn on PCs.

Yep, solid still mad.

Envious
08-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Thought manaburn was an AA...

O_o

Which means, under currect Project 1999 timeline / plans... never on R99.

Unless, I'm wrong about it being an AA... and / or AA's being Luclin? (Not sure, I thought Velious the other day, then someone told me Luclin... quit at start of Velious so I dunno honestly) and Project 1999 staff decides to go to Luclin. Currently Velious is the end of Project 1999 timeline.

What are we talking about again?

Envious
08-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Decided to actually read the 5+ pages I had skipped.

Manaburn will never be on R99 with the currently stated Project 1999 timelines... it was suggested as a MAYBE at one point in some thread that I barely read.

Whole past 3 pages are moot.

How long before Solid gets banned for MQ?

Envious
08-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Or shown up as a scrub for not using it?

Solid / Macken gonna be busting PvP charts on R99 guys! O_o

lethdar
08-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Oh man lethdar is so right, a wizard in group pvp (which is what I was referring to if you had the reading comprehension to understand what I said) should totally manaburn off the bat and insta nexus gate to leave everyone else behind.

Dumb bro, very dumb. Clerics life, bard's life, >>> a wizard's mana. In group pvp manaburn is awesome to have because you can eliminate an important aspect of the opposite team. With their bard gone the wizard can just med at will and kite without any chance of retaliation from the inevitable heavy melee team. With the cleric gone its GG as well.

Now i expect you'll probably want to say something stupid like "HURR DA WHEN MANABURN IS INC" or HURRR MELEE ON WIZARD NO WAY HE CAN CHANNEL MANABURN."

Of course, these are things a forum warrior such as yourself would counter with lacking any actual pvp experience since the wizard can yonder and rerune away much more effectively than a team of melee can find and stay on them (unless you're dreaming of arena pvp, which lolo you probably are but will deny it in your next post). This is ignoring the obvious advantage your team gains as multiple melee are distracted and kept busy with constantly watching for the wizard / of which they wouldn't be able to do anything about on live due him waltzing back into the fray leved up in the air which you are again probably ignoring due to your emu experience of being able to melee people from underneath their target ring / ignoring modem ghosting which made it IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP A MANABURN even if you were completely dedicated to watching and interrupting, you scrub bluebie/ the likelihood of a cleric blowing a DA if they're competent enough to try and absorb it and the wizard is equally competent in ducking the cast once the cleric starts casting it / and a serious of other advantages you gain from the constant manaburn threat.

Oh but you're totally right, manaburn is garbage lolol amirite?

lethdar
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Manaburn cleric / bard. Ghost. Yonder. Kite melee foolish enough to stay on you, insta nexus gate if inescapable death is inc.

You dumb, fo real.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 10:10 AM
words

I love the use of 8 different tangents in that wall of text.

A+ would laugh at again.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 10:14 AM
forum warrior

Forum warrior would be claiming your PVP knowledge and skill level is directly related to whether or not you've been mana burned, hence how this argument got started. Forum warrior would also be to state that any given PVP fight will assuredly go a singular direction at any given time. You keep theorizing those fights though bro, your mind is a more suitable battlefield for you to contend on.

lethdar
08-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I love the use of 8 different tangents in that wall of text.

A+ would laugh at again.

NP palski, good attempt at segueing away from your lack of pvp experience and foolishness.

A+ would embarrass you again.

Vile
08-05-2011, 10:24 AM
http://www.easyflashgames.com/games/images/070313_SM1082~Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 10:25 AM
^ rofl

solid
08-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Envious:
A) This discussion was about EQ live, not red99. (probably should have read the thread better)
B) Keep my name out of your mouth, I've never even heard of you.

Kope
08-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Envious:
A) This discussion was about EQ live, not red99. (probably should have read the thread better)

Seriously, is this Harrison?

solid
08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Calm down bluebies, you don't need to join groups for foruming.

Envious
08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
With that said, I have dropped hints in IRC about a reckoning that is upon us.. a large step forward that will be a necessity for a pvp server to be successful. You will know more within a month.Obviously talking about an anti-hack system, which Secrets was mentioning before he shit canned VZTZ. Grats pals, your whistles are about to get extremely clean.

First post / OP...

Envious:

And I dont give a flying fuck who you think you have heard or not heard of.

solid
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
OP =/= what the entire 13 page thread is about. Our discussion started around page 7.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
And in other news:

Red 69 - 23 players <-- sad
Zek - 0 players <-- not at all surprising

Absolve us of our sins, Rogean.

Envious
08-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe you missed it solid... I'm sum it up for you.

Someone asked, what class to be? Kope responded. Response included wizards.

You tried to act all smart and say wiz = no level inc= luclin = manaburn. In response to Kope responding to "What class to be?" on R99.

So, you were talking about something that has no bearing on any actual part of the thread. You just wanted to insert your 2cents of total shit to look cool. Which is ok.

But, again, your talking about basing your choice on what class to play, on a function and ability that for all reason (Rogean said, as I have stated a few times already, Project 1999 is not currently projected to go beyond Velious) will NEVER BE A FUCKING FACTOR.

So, either your responding to things said in the thread, and a complete fucking moron cause your talking about non factors.

Or, your just a tool for wanting to sound like some EQ pro when you dunno WTF your talking about.

solid
08-05-2011, 02:10 PM
you're* (like 5 times)

sound like some EQ pro when you dunno WTF your talking about.

Should probably reread the thread a third time, I was right about everything I said.

Envious
08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
you're* (like 5 times)

Should probably reread the thread a third time, I was right about everything I said.

None of which is likely to ever matter on R99~

So, again, what is the pertinence for what you said in regard to choosing a class to play on R99?

Envious
08-05-2011, 02:29 PM
http://youtu.be/pqDhKFqDk34

Only because I could not find the part with Walter ripping donnie about having no frame of reference within the 3-5 minutes I gave myself to find it.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Don't mind solid, he's just compensating for his lack of actual pvp skill. It's all good bros, he got mana burned by a wizard this one time on EQLive after real PVP had already died.

Obviously a good candidate for any core PVP group. Solid4prez

solid
08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
None of which is likely to ever matter on R99~

So, again, what is the pertinence for what you said in regard to choosing a class to play on R99?

Is english not your first language?

The guy gave a seemingly hard-and-fast rule for his rationale about playing a wizard in kunark+ expansions. Notice the quote says expansions, which, because it's plural, includes Luclin, and was to be taken as an everquest in general rule. All I did was point out that manaburn turns his rule into liquid shit, and then a new conversation could flow from there, about manaburn and such. That's how conversations work in America, not sure where you picked up the language.

The remaining 6 page long conversation that ensued was:
1) People asking can wizards manaburn PCs?
2) Me saying yes, you would know if you played Luclin on a non-blue server.
3) JD+bard recognizing their superior and nuthanging on their Alpha throughout the thread.

Envious
08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not talking to Kope. I'm talking to you.

So, again, I ask you, what is the pertinence of your babbling on to picking a class to play on R99?

solid
08-05-2011, 03:16 PM
It should be obvious that there was no pertinence in my post to a question that I was not trying to answer. The origin of my post was debunking a rule Kope seemed to pull out of his ass. Anyway, nice red herring.

JayDee
08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Is english not your first language? ...

VvvvvvvvvvvV

3) JD+bard recognizing their superior and nuthanging on their Alpha throughout the thread.

Lol

I have no idea what this thread is about and unlike you, I don't feel the need for others to validate my online existence.

solid
08-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Lol

I have no idea what this thread is about, but I saw you post in it, so naturally I latched onto my Alpha and just HAD to post

FTFY

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 03:26 PM
The remaining 6 page long conversation that ensued was:
1) A single person asking can wizards manaburn PCs?
2) Me saying yes, you would know if you were a talent-less, egotistical piece of shit like me. Rationale then ensued about how my knowledge of MB was proportional to my ability to PVP.
3) JD+bard recognizing what amounts to a self-proclaimed Televangelist of the PVP world and calling a spade a spade. Further rage ensued from my side because I can't cope with being called out.

Macken
08-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Never Forget

XiakenjaTZ
08-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I had the original manaburn question. I just don't remember taking out my monk all that often if ever. I know I would get nuked hard but it did not 1 shot me during velious. Thats probably why it is not so memorable to me.

Anywho... I await P99 ignoring the MB PvP.

solid
08-05-2011, 07:01 PM
A) It was not in during velious.
B) It absolutely would 1 shot you.

naez
08-05-2011, 07:16 PM
noobstains itt

visage
08-05-2011, 07:32 PM
will be a rogue so I can backstab you all from behind

fiegi
08-05-2011, 08:56 PM
i do agree naez has the lamest gayest worstest signature ever

Knuckle
08-05-2011, 09:16 PM
i enjoyed our brief stint in vent chuck, you are quite the entertainer in chat

fiegi
08-05-2011, 09:35 PM

THE FEELING IS MUTUAL

Darksinga
08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
A) It was not in during velious.
B) It absolutely would 1 shot you.

Manaburn = Planes, hence AA's.

And it depends on the wizards mana pool. so if the wiz had 50% mana, nope it wouldn't one shot you, but if the wiz had 100% mana and was decked out gear wise you were most likely dead.

Source: I've been one shotted by mb

solid
08-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I feel like I'm being trolled so hard in this thread. :(

Manaburn = Planes, hence AA's.

And it depends on the wizards mana pool. so if the wiz had 50% mana, nope it wouldn't one shot you, but if the wiz had 100% mana and was decked out gear wise you were most likely dead.

Source: I've been one shotted by mb

Manaburn was from Luclin AA, not planes.

Also, in theory you're right. However, wizard manapool was much larger than warrior HP pool. For all practical purposes, manaburn was a 1 shot on PCs.

Giovanni
08-05-2011, 11:47 PM
One of my most fun characters was a naked enchanter when they limited nukes to a % of your total hps. My base hp was about 1k, so I could take something like 5 manaburns in a row without dying due to all my self runes.

visage
08-06-2011, 12:33 AM

Want to talk on vent with me big bear?

JayDee
08-06-2011, 12:34 AM
they implemented the 75% and 40% dmg cap far past the days of manaburn

I know because I quit after the launch of LDON when SKs were still one shotting casters

JayDee
08-06-2011, 12:37 AM
and hey visage go back to p99 chat where you belong. you never have and never will participate in pvp so you are not welcome here.

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:04 AM
It should be obvious that there was no pertinence in my post to a question that I was not trying to answer. The origin of my post was debunking a rule Kope seemed to pull out of his ass. Anyway, nice red herring.

^Red Herring~

solid
08-06-2011, 02:12 AM
You misunderstood, I was actually congratulating myself on my red herring.

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Didnt seem that way. Congrats on still being a drain.

Since your such a grammar nazi, you know I'm sure, its not really that well accepted to use an implied subject anymore... but since you did, with the "Anyway, nice red herring" the implied subject points to the red herring being mine...

Grats on trolling me with bad or sloppy grammar?

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:21 AM
Guess the herring could be the subject part of the sentence, with nice being the non subject part (dont remember what its called, and dont care to google for you) and the verb implied...

But I've never heard of an implied verb... someone with better english wanna step in? Point me somewhere that either says they do or dont exist? Lotta shit I dunno about! Implied verbs could be it!

fiegi
08-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Envious you're trying way 2 hard here in this thread

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Curiosity got the best of me.

Predicate. Nice could be the predicate... but its not a verb, so verb has to be implied...

I dunno man... seems kinda funky.

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Envious you're trying way 2 hard here in this thread

Dont think so man. Just trying to learn what awesome grammar he is using since he was so quick to point out I use "your" instead of "you're"... And then trying to turn the phrase as though he meant to use it that way the entire time... yada yada.

solid
08-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Didnt seem that way. Congrats on still being a drain.

Since your such a grammar nazi, you know I'm sure, its not really that well accepted to use an implied subject anymore... but since you did, with the "Anyway, nice red herring" the implied subject points to the red herring being mine...

Grats on trolling me with bad or sloppy grammar?

you're*

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Right.

I'm sure that misusing an implied subject was you trolling. O_o

Your a troll, just kinda low brow and bad.

naez
08-06-2011, 03:43 AM
I feel like I'm being trolled so hard in this thread.

this

Bardalicious
08-06-2011, 05:36 AM
I feel like you assholes shit on a perfectly happy thread. I also feel like you'll pay with blood spilt on the grounds of Red99.

C U THAR

Prince
08-06-2011, 09:59 AM
grammar nazi more like grammar naez-i

Snufz
08-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Bards so OP.

Envious
08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
WTT Donal's BP for fungi+BotBDE