PDA

View Full Version : Exemption interim

Rainflush
08-04-2011, 07:19 AM
For those of you who are sharing an IP address, how long did it take for your request to be processed? I've submitted a request perhaps a week ago and I've yet to receive a response.

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 07:27 AM
All of the IP exemptions are done in batches, meaning they likely haven't done a batch yet since you filed. This can take a few days to a week to several weeks all depending on when you file in relation to when they do another batch.

Just be patient, they'll get to it.

Feachie
08-04-2011, 02:00 PM
anyone ever google some of the tags just for the hell of it?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6MuiqfXa8eM/SjD_edzIVRI/AAAAAAAAA6M/By2etEq1Xy0/s400/worried+boxer.jpg

kalzin
08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Generally i think this is a bad idea, if you get an ip exemption one of the other GM's will just ban you and whomever your playing with for having 2 clients running on the same IP address...

Maben
08-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Generally i think this is a bad idea, if you get an ip exemption one of the other GM's will just ban you and whomever your playing with for having 2 clients running on the same IP address...

Never had this happen to me...

deakolt
08-04-2011, 02:56 PM
hahaha wtf is kalzin talking about? is this another highly intelligent spambot?

Deyene61
08-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I wish they would get our exemption done soon. My husband and I like to work together. You know the saying, "The couple that slays together stays together."

Fourthmeal
08-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Sometimes it takes a bit... like two weeks

nagarpoe
08-04-2011, 04:58 PM
it took us about 3 weeks to get the exemption.
not too bad considering these guys are doing everything for free.
They'll get to you.

Vendar
08-04-2011, 05:07 PM

um.. you cant have two clients logged in from the same ip UNLESS a GM made flagged the accounts exempt. so um.. if a GM saw two clients from the same IP and decided to ban the accounts, that same GM would also be an idiot.

Ezuen
08-04-2011, 05:12 PM
um.. you cant have two clients logged in from the same ip UNLESS a GM made flagged the accounts exempt. so um.. if a GM saw two clients from the same IP and decided to ban the accounts, that same GM would also be an idiot.

Having an IP exemption does not remove you from suspicion of boxing. If we find out that there are not two people playing, both accounts will be banned, IP exemption or not.

Troy
08-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Having an IP exemption does not remove you from suspicion of boxing. If we find out that there are not two people playing, both accounts will be banned, IP exemption or not.

I'd imagine an exemption is like a big flag saying "Watch me I'll probably be boxing one of these days"...

Feachie
08-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd imagine an exemption is like a big flag saying "Watch me I'll probably be boxing one of these days"...

^this

kalzin
08-05-2011, 08:53 PM
my appologies, it wasn't that, it was a different reason all together.

Marglar
08-05-2011, 09:02 PM
just have to be patient. they are doing this for free afterall. I know, you are probably excited to play, hang in there. take turns soloing for a bit : )

Slave
08-05-2011, 09:36 PM
It takes between just after you give up and fucking forever.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Would it not be easier to permit 2 logins from a single IP and when detected, request them to fill out an exception form? Could save some processing cycles of the admin staff?

Easier for the people wanting to get away with boxing or the people that have legitimate significant others they want to play with, sure.

Easier on the staff that run this server completely for free for you and me? No, not at all. Why should it be their job to try to police roughly 800-1200 people that all have the ability to 2 box just to save the roughly 20% of the population that needs an exemption the 2-3 week wait to have it filled?

Their server, their rules. Don't wait if you don't want to.

Fourthmeal
08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I suggest going and getting a few items from a Taco Bell near you. Once you return I'm sure your IP exemption will be granted.

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I suggest going and getting a few items from a Taco Bell near you. Once you return I'm sure your IP exemption will be granted.

And if not, shit, at least you've got a mouthful of crunch wrap supreme to ease your mind.

Fourthmeal
08-05-2011, 10:24 PM
And if not, shit, at least you've got a mouthful of crunch wrap supreme to ease your mind.

Hark, a Hero of the Shell!

Vendar
08-06-2011, 12:08 PM

oh no doubt Ezuen, i was responding to Kalzins post, which i believe was saying a GM would ban a player simply for having 2 accounts logged in from the same IP. but granted, if at any time any player (especially those with ip exemptions) is caught controlling two toons at the same time, i'd vote for cutting off their hands