PDA

View Full Version : WTB low end war gear/weapons, ssoy?

Marglar
08-04-2011, 04:56 PM
hey guys - just recently started here and painfully ran my barbarian warrior to the EC area.

I was given a little bit of plat to get started by a kind druid that helped me out after I ate crap in runnyeye and went back to halas : )

looking to use the plat for some starter gear. I have around 400pp for now.

large banded
large bronze
misc cheap pieces - any slot.
weapons. anything around a 1:3 ratio dmg/del would be excellent. would love a ssoy for nostagia's sake if I can afford one. I heard jarsath trident is affordable too?

in game name is Marglar and I typically play beyond 8pm on weekdays. if you know the economy here please let me know if I am being an unreasonable noob, I am way out of the loop.

Dantes
08-04-2011, 07:55 PM
You want procs for aggro, my friend. Buy an obsidian shard, whip of strangulation or a goblin skull crusher. Until yaks proc at level 37, there's not much use for them.

Marglar
08-04-2011, 08:20 PM
thanks - it was actually a druid from your guild that was nice enough to port me after I wasted an hour trying to make it over to EC : ) I recall how to play the class decently well, I am more concerned with damage/delay ratio right now as I spend a fair amount of time solo.

a pal of mine gave me that shard you are talking about (5/25 with the proc?), and I agree things like this will be great for grouping, but given my very limited amount of plat to start with, I'd rather get one good DPS weapon and work on my group-weapons later. I think it will have the largest impact on my leveling progression.

the yak is mainly for the 1:3 ratio, the looks, the nostalgia, and later the proc. I thought it might be one of the top of the budget things that someone would let go cheap enough, but I could be entirely wrong as I haven't been exposed to the economy much yet.

Bubbles
08-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Vlik's Dark Defender is like a 7/20 piercer with some AC on it.. And it sells dirt cheap to the point if someone sees you're actually new, they'll probably give you one.

Marglar
08-04-2011, 08:32 PM
excellent suggestion. I will keep my eyes open for one.