PDA

View Full Version : Iksar necro quests

necrosaurio
08-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi,

I've just started playing a necro in p1999. I've only played new EQ in Live (from 2010 until this week) so I am completely lost in this world.

Is there any list of necro-related quests for Iksar necros? I've played an Iksar SK to level 5 and know about the scaled wolf hide quest in West Cabilis/FoB but, while the exp is good, the rewards are not usable, Any suggestions please?

Thanks a lot.

Curmudgen
08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Someone will post a link probably, but if you put "P1999" into your browser a link will be there for a P1999 Wiki. If you browse around there is a quest section by class.

necrosaurio
08-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Oh man, that wiki is SO good!

Thanks a lot :)

Stormhowl
08-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Someone will post a link probably, but if you put "P1999" into your browser a link will be there for a P1999 Wiki. If you browse around there is a quest section by class.

You know, if it weren't for the fact it would be horribly abused by a vocal minority of people, I'd wish this forum had a "Reputation" system, because this post actually deserves a +rep for being helpful without being scathing or sarcastic. ^^;

acid_reflux
08-05-2011, 09:28 AM
You want to lookup the skullcap questline bro. Its an ongoing quest chain so you can upgrade the skullcap as you level up and explore new zones in kunark.

SupaflyIRL
08-05-2011, 09:30 AM
You want to lookup the skullcap questline bro. Its an ongoing quest chain so you can upgrade the skullcap as you level up and explore new zones in kunark.

The later quests are broken (rokgus doesnt drop the silk whatever) and the final one that is actually useful was added during gates so it will never be in the game.

acid_reflux
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Your shitting me about the broken thing right? Surely that can be repaired?

Nytewind TP
08-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Played live from 2010 until this/last week? Wow, P99 must seem REALLY bare boned...

SupaflyIRL
08-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Played live from 2010 until this/last week? Wow, P99 must seem REALLY bare boned...

Didn't notice that part, yeah quests during this era are almost universally worthless (aside from the timewasting/roleplaying reasons) outside of temple of sol ro quests or select few items like mystic cloak, etc.

Yeah, got a runed cowl and destroyed mine.

Extunarian
08-05-2011, 11:23 AM

It isn't "broken" here so much as it was never completed before luclin on live. It stops at 5 here.

Tewaz
08-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Check the bugs section for info on Necro Skullcaps. There is a guy that was trying to do them all and I think he worked out the bugs in all of them.

necrosaurio
08-05-2011, 12:03 PM

It is indeed bareboned. And way harder than the current one too.

On the other hand, it feels much slower paced (which I like, I can't stand getting one-rounded by any blue trash mob as in Live) and there's no need to rush to the top to find people of your level, although I will mostly be soloing, as I will be playing in 1/2 hour/45 minute slots, therefore the choice of playing a necro :)

necrosaurio
08-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Thanks a lot. I saw that quest in the wiki and it really feels like something interesting to do :)

Taketz
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
So does anyone know if this quest is working in it's entirety? I don't want to start just to have to get stuck with the non-best scullcap.