PDA

View Full Version : Firepot room non bind.

Vladesch
08-07-2011, 03:47 AM
AFAIK this is non bind (so correct me if I'm wrong)
Is this just a case of the devs being misinformed about how it was on live, or is this a belief that allowing bind here was a "bug" that needs to be corrected from how live was.

Because I can assure you that you were able to bind in this room at least up till Velious. I distinctly remember my dark elf cleric binding here and getting killed by that dragon, at about the same time as I was grouping in Velks lab.

I'm guessing it was eventually patched on live, but it was either late velious or luclin onwards.

Treats
08-07-2011, 04:23 AM
I can assure you that you were not able to bind in Timorous Deep from just after Kunark release:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000428.html

Vladesch
08-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Something strange going on, because my cleric didn't exist until at least a year after that date, and I remember dragging my clerics corpse with my druid all the way up to spiroc island where the barge comes in to rez myself after Faydedar had a chomp on me.

Ahh I think I know what's happening.
After some research I have discovered that binding there was removed during kunark, but it was re-enabled in Luclin, so I guess my cleric was after it was re-enabled.

Vendar
08-07-2011, 05:50 AM
at some point after luclin they re-opened it for binding. however, it was only open briefly on live during the kunark era, and won't be open again.

its one of the advantages of being here early. for example, i came too late for the sexy all/all DE mask :(