PDA

View Full Version : Plevel a lvl 11 Pally

Nataz
08-11-2011, 10:31 AM
An RL friend just joined P1999 and I wanna get him up in lvl. Which leads me to ask where a 34 shm would plevel a lvl 11 Pally? I'm thinking Kurns or Najena? Best way would be to just buff and send in the pet to help w/o outdmging?

Anyone got any good ideas?

/cheer

Kryptyde
08-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Kurns tower then unrest. Get him a ghoulbane so when he hits 20 he can do a lot more undead dps.

quellren
08-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Unrest would be great to get him to low 20's.
Here's a neat trick that might work for you, I've PL'd friends with both my shaman and necro like this:
You pull, root it and stand closer to the mob than him, it'll always attack whoever is closest, you both melee it down, with you doing less dmg overall so he gets solo exp.

Nataz
08-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I like the ghoulbane idea, I should be able to solo the lord and maybe even do some (p)leveling there with him once he hit 20.

How's the xp modifier in Unrest compared to Kurns? What's a good pally sword? I got him a ebon razor (9/25) and a shield. Also have a Nathsar greatsword that he can use.

There is no point in having more than 10 dmg on a sword when you are below lvl 20 right? (dmg cap)

Nebi
08-11-2011, 11:31 AM
best bet is to try to find that druid that was pleveling chump change in the traders forum. having the druid plevel will be a lot faster and less of a headache for you.

Juugox2
08-11-2011, 11:42 AM
but still if you had a 10+ dmg 1h at lvl 10 you can hit up to 40 as max

vageta31
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
No need to root, just slow the mob and it instantly goes super aggro on you. Your buddy will barely be able to pull if off of you before it dies.

Or you can just summon your pet and let your buddy beat down on a monster until he's < 50% health then send in your dog to help finish it off quickly. Just don't let the mob hit you or else dog will jump in early and take the exp from the paladin.

quellren
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
No need to root, just slow the mob and it instantly goes super aggro on you. Your buddy will barely be able to pull if off of you before it dies.

Root costs 30 mana.
Drowsy won't hold aggro for more than a few swings.
Walking sleep costs 50.
To hold aggro the whole fight you're likely going to need T_g_r's line and that costs 125 or more.
Yes, slow is nice if you're planning on tanking, but its mana intensive, and doesn't give *absolute* aggro the way root does with proximity aggro. Simply put, if I root a mob, and stand nearer than you, there is NOTHING you can do to pull that mob off me until I move away or root breaks. This cannot be said for slows.
Root also has the benefit of allowing you both to cut and run if need be without the mob chasing you to zone.

vageta31
08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Walking sleep will absolutely hold aggro until it runs out. Was powerleveling my necro buddy recently and was pulling reds (to him) with walking sleep and just standing there while he beat them down with pet. Never once did he gain aggro and it took a long time to do his damage melee only. Plus slowed even if the mobs turned on him they were.. slowed.

Either way works I just find that slow causes way more aggro than on live and it guaranteed to keep the mob interested in you while lowbies whittle it down.

Yinikren
08-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Slow is retarded agro on this server. Really, both methods will work. Mobs don't care that Tagar's is a 55% higher slow; a slow is a slow and a slow is agro.