PDA

View Full Version : Question about iksar buff sound effects

andvarion
08-12-2011, 03:25 AM
I have no way to test this without asking others, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or normal. Searching brought me nothing.

I just made an iksar shaman (tested with necro as well). When I cast a buff on myself I get the usual channeling sound effect, but when the buff actually lands on me it makes a punching "swish" sound effect instead of the usual buff "chorus voice" sound effect.

Is that normal?

Nytewind TP
08-12-2011, 08:06 AM
lol I thought the swishing sound was the Iksars tail :)

andvarion
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
lol I thought the swishing sound was the Iksars tail :)

Maybe that is what it is. So I take it you hear it as well?

Vermicelli
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
I did some testing with spontaneously chosen chanter buffs, casting them in my natural gnome form then changing into an iksar and casting the buffs again. I tried spells like Strength, the Haze AC buff line, Shielding line, Resist Magic, Clarity, and Augmentation.

As a gnome, each of the spells when cast were accompanied by the spell-completion sound effect (as you describe it, the "chorus," however I noticed two additional sound fx).

As an iksar, some of the spells were accompanied by the completion sound effect, though I also heard the "swish" at the same time. Some spells however, were only accompanied by the swish and no other sound effect.

This is my data. Whether or not it is appropriate for the iksar to "swish," I dunno, but I think it goes well with the casting animation in which the iksar swoops its hands around in a big circle =)