PDA

View Full Version : New Player

Nightcrusher
08-12-2011, 08:00 AM
I am very excited about playing on the Project 1999 server. I was a bit frustrated when I could not use my current installation to get on, but I finally found a copy of EQ Titanium and it is on it's way. For now, I am just browsing the forum and getting familiar with the world, so hello everyone. :3

I used to watch my brother play classic EQ as a child. However, once I grew up and joined myself it was during the Planes of Power era, so the game went through some significant changes. But what I have seen, I have missed a great deal of content from the past game. So when Sony announced their progression server I tried it out and was amazed at how fun the game could actually be at the basic level. However, I was dissapointed at all the raid guilds that progressed the server too quickly, so I could not enjoy it for long. I hope that I can experience classic EQ again through this server, and see once again what made this game truly amazing. My favorite classic EQ quests are those for Ghoulsbane and Soulfire (hopefully this time I can beat lady vox and nagafen and get the fiery avenger and defendor this time around).

I know that once I install titanium, a lot of features I am used to in newer EQ versions will probably not be there, and the old world will be completely foreign to me (PoK book eliminated the need to travel much). So I would like to know what you all think is a good place to start. What Race should I pick as my first character, What class should I be first, and What Deity should I pick? Preferably one that dosen't get me slaughtered in a bad spot, I heard this game has "Corpse runs".

CHusk2
08-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Welcome to Norrath!

As far as race/class, I'd just go with whatever you enjoy playing the most. Like grouping? Bards & Clerics are always nice. Like questing? Paladins for the win. Like taking out yellows & reds with relative ease? Go for the int casters.

Every class is different, so experiment a little and find out what you like.

See you in game,
Alkaiser Baneofmistmoore - 45 Erudite Cleric of Prexus

Nightcrusher
08-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks, I will definately keep it in mind. I might go cleric, or wizard. Maybe play a little of both.

Doors
08-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Welcome.

Nightcrusher
08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks Doors. :3

If I do go cleric as my first, though, are there any armor quests in classic I can do?

CHusk2
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
The Solusek Ro armor quests will keep you busy for a while. The bracers are very nice, and the quests are just fun to do. If you start out on the Quynos side of the world there are a TON of cleric quests to do, including but not limited to:

The Bonethunder staff
Shining Star of Light
Good ol' Gnoll Fangs
Blessed Band of Nife
The Rat King (tattered armor & faction)
Prayer Beads
And about fifty quests involving the aqueducts.

Once you hit 15 or so you can start on bandits in West Karana and make some ridiculous bank for your level.

If you're not in the Qeynos area.... check Allakhazam's.

Nightcrusher
08-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Wow, Thanks for the insight Chusk. I guess I will be making my cleric in Qeynos then. Well, I guess that means he is going to be human. However, I hear humans gain EXP faster. I would make a dwarf cleric, though I wouldn't want to sacrifice the EXP and questing oppurtunites, I don't want to spend all my time raising faction with qeynos. XD

Nightcrusher
08-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Anyway, my package of Everquest Titanium is due to arrive on Tuesday, I am very excited and can hardly wait to get into game. I have seen some great screen shots, you tube vids, and read some interesting content on the wiki. I just can't wait to re-discover EQ the way it was mean't to be played. A server where it will be timeless, and show us what the newer MMOs lack.

stormlord
08-13-2011, 12:16 PM
The early game didn't have summoners everywhere, creatures didn't hit like trucks, every group didn't need a warrior, dungeons were dungeons, kiting was trending, homecities and binding places were many, and so on. Everybody can supply you a list of their top 100 differences, but then it would just be a wall of text.

Like a toilet, it might be cleaner than a sink, but would you eat out of it? Translation: the early game is different, but whether you like it or not will be up to you. (I think all of us here are a bit insane.)

Glad to see you're looking forward to playing. Have fun.

Fourthmeal
08-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Hail and well met fellow Norrathian.

CHusk2
08-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Aye,

Dwarf clerics have MANY many opportunities for awesome quests, thought I personally don't know a lot of them. The http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1278 comes to mind, though. I think it's pretty awesome to have a god who provides you with dwarven stout whenever you want it.

But yeah, if you want to play a dwarf, I'd say play a dwarf. You can do all of those qeynos quests with almost no faction, and you'll gain faction by doing them. It all boils down to the race/class combination you like the best.

Good luck, and message me in game if you need anything.

Alkaiser Baneofmistmoore - 45 Erudite Cleric of Prexus

Nightcrusher
08-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Well met friend. I have gotten my titanium faster than expected, installed it, and am now logging into project 1999 for the first time with my new cleric. His name is Orionis , in qeynos. Be sure to say hello sometime as I re-discover the world I have been away from since childhood.

Turdhat
08-16-2011, 01:31 PM
i grouped with you and my friend in Blackburrow last night. That was fun. I am the Enchanter Broakbaq. see you in game.