PDA

View Full Version : Manastone

Radiskull
08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
So, I had been saving up money to buy a manastone, thinking that it'd be a cool piece of history to own. I thought it'd be a neat toy to have for days I decided to waste time camping things in Lguk or Sol B to make a little plat, because it can't be used anywhere significant. All of a sudden, these things are selling for 150-175k?

Correct me if I'm wrong, these are ONLY usable in old world. Not Kunark, or Velious, or even the planes. So, for a bit of extra mana effeciency on mobs that are easily soloable at 60 without this... where is the justification in this outrageous price these days?! I'm assuming it's purely because of the historic significance of it due to the fact it doesn't drop anymore?

Yes, I'm a little butthurt that I saved up 110k and still can't afford it. But I still don't think I'd be willing to even offer over 100k for it. It's more a toy then a useful item anymore. Am I missing something?

Tiggles
08-13-2011, 01:43 PM
It's worth what people will pay for it and your Naggy camping alt inst truly complete with out a manastone.

Radiskull
08-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I suppose the real question is, why are people willing to pay that much for it then? I'd be more interested in the people who are willing to pay for it then the people willing to sell it for that much, obviously.

wrxBRAH
08-13-2011, 01:50 PM
So, I had been saving up money to buy a manastone, thinking that it'd be a cool piece of history to own. I thought it'd be a neat toy to have for days I decided to waste time camping things in Lguk or Sol B to make a little plat, because it can't be used anywhere significant. All of a sudden, these things are selling for 150-175k?

Correct me if I'm wrong, these are ONLY usable in old world. Not Kunark, or Velious, or even the planes. So, for a bit of extra mana effeciency on mobs that are easily soloable at 60 without this... where is the justification in this outrageous price these days?! I'm assuming it's purely because of the historic significance of it due to the fact it doesn't drop anymore?

Yes, I'm a little butthurt that I saved up 110k and still can't afford it. But I still don't think I'd be willing to even offer over 100k for it. It's more a toy then a useful item anymore. Am I missing something?

Recently Bob was trying to sell 5 manastones. Trade federation controlling prices = inflation. It sucks

Fourthmeal
08-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Recently Bob was trying to sell 5 manastones. Trade federation controlling prices = inflation. It sucks

We need a bolsheviks revolution on Norrath. You're either in or you're out.

Spud
08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
They can be used for PLing in the old world as well, just saying.

Hmend
08-13-2011, 02:26 PM
They can be used for PLing in the old world as well, just saying.

This. A cleric/Druid plvling combo in the old world Is insanely fast with a manastone. Not worth 200 k I wouldn't think, but it is what it is.

Motec
08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Its the difference between me powerlevelling a level 50+ melee at efreeti, or just bats.

aresprophet
08-13-2011, 08:07 PM
It's incredibly handy as a druid if you're running around farming/porting/merchant mining and dont want to waste time medding. Regrowth and manastone keeps you in business.

Helps with Quillmane farming, Seafury quadding for cash, and other niche uses. I'm sorely tempted to sell mine for the going price but it's just too convenient sometimes.