08-26-2011, 08:14 AM
dumb! even a moron isnt going to trade you quit bumping

Tamiah2011
08-26-2011, 09:59 AM
dumb! even a moron isnt going to trade you quit bumping

trade u fungi for zh

citizen1080
08-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Fungi's lose value as time goes by..manastones gain value..i fail to see how this is a bad deal for the fungi owner....

Manastones = 250k once hole comes out is my guess.

Supaskillz
08-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Fungi's lose value as time goes by..manastones gain value..i fail to see how this is a bad deal for the fungi owner....

well because a rational speculator would sill not take this deal since they can sell the fungi tunic right now for over 200k and buy a manastone for around 170k.

In addition so far your theory that fungi tunics lose value over time is wrong. To this point they have gained value over time.

citizen1080
08-26-2011, 02:01 PM
At some point the market will be come saturated and the price will drop. Sorry it is going to happen. Simple math.

Where as this will not happen with stones. And my theory of them gaining value seems to be going well so far. I bought 4 of them for 40k each a few months ago...I will let you figure out the profit margin.

I know of two stones that sold for 200k each. The most recent one I sold went for 190k

Extunarian
08-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Bob has crushed you with his wallet.

Hagglebaron
08-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Don't argue with my man Bob on economics son

Supaskillz
08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Lol. It doesn't take an economist to see that trading an item whose current value is 240k for an item whose current value is 180k is a bad deal, even if you suspect those prices will chance. Sell the tunic buy the stone profit extra pp, unless the time it takes to make 2 forums posts and respond to pms is worth giving up that 40-70k profit to you. Bob would not take this trade at this point in time and he knows it.

In addition I don't disagree that fungi tunic is not likely to stay at 200-250k range forever, but I was simply pointing that the blanket statement that tunic loses value over time has already been proven false by the last 6 months.

Appollo
08-26-2011, 03:30 PM
In addition I don't disagree that fungi tunic is not likely to stay at 200-250k range forever, but I was simply pointing that the blanket statement that tunic loses value over time has already been proven false by the last 6 months.

Explain to me how that makes sense? It seems like you're saying two inapposite things. Also, an economist would look at the long-term par value of an item, not the immediate turn-over, in order to maximize profit. See Citizen1080 supra

Supaskillz
08-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Explain to me how that makes sense? It seems like you're saying two inapposite things. Also, an economist would look at the long-term par value of an item, not the immediate turn-over, in order to maximize profit. See Citizen1080 supra

I am a graduate student and MSU(Michigan State) and I actually teach Microeconomics. Let me try to explain it more explicitly.

Option 1: Trade fungi tunic for manastone. Cost=1 fungi tunic + time to do 1 transaction. Benefit = 1 manastone

Option 2: Sell fungi tunic for 240k. Buy manastone for 180k. Cost= 1 fungi tunic + time to do 2 transactions. benefit= 1 manastone + 60k

Thus option 2 is better unless the time of one transaction is greater than 60k for you.

Long term consequences of both trades are the same, the only difference is that with option 2 you have extra platinum than can be invested.

Edit: Stinkum gets it

Stinkum
08-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Suppose everything Bob said is true.

Suppose I have a Fungi, and I agree that a Manastone will be worth more than Fungi sooner or later and want to attain a Manastone.

Now, tell me. Why would I straight trade my Fungi for a Manastone today when I can log into EQ, and sell my Fungi in EC for 225-250k, and buy a new Manastone for ~175k?

How do you not understand this? Are you still in middle school or a high school dropout?

citizen1080
08-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I am a graduate student and MSU(Michigan State) and I actually teach Microeconomics. Let me try to explain it more explicitly.

Option 1: Trade fungi tunic for manastone. Cost=1 fungi tunic + time to do 1 transaction. Benefit = 1 manastone

Option 2: Sell fungi tunic for 240k. Buy manastone for 180k. Cost= 1 fungi tunic + time to do 2 transactions. benefit= 1 manastone + 60k

Thus option 2 is better unless the time of one transaction is greater than 60k for you.

Long term consequences of both trades are the same, the only difference is that with option 2 you have extra platinum than can be invested.

Edit: Stinkum gets it

Correct. All I was stating is long term i would rather have a manastone in my pocket than a fungi tunic. And in another month or so I would guess they will be of equal value before stone passes it up.

I have a feeling a group of people is locking down the fungi tunics and feeding them very slowly into the market to keep prices at a premium.

Sadly that person is not me

Supaskillz
08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Well King is mostly uncamped lately. Daltheb seems to have made it his mission to end that though. However he is selling his as he gets them it seems. The spawn rate of king has really turned people off of the camp. The last 25 hours I spent in that camp I did not see any king spawns.

Appollo
08-26-2011, 04:03 PM
"Investment", now you're talking. As for Stinkum's rhetorical question: No, I'm not in middle school nor a high school drop out. There's not need to get smart with me. I merely asked a question to which he answered succinctly. I thank you for that.

I suppose the upside to the trade from the individual with the Fungi Tunic would be that they do not have to hope that someone would sell them a manastone for 175K presently. To be sure, that's the present price. But, you're taking something of a risk that (1) someone will be around to sell that item to you at the present time and price without (2) someone else bidding you up or (3) the item not being for sale. But, I suppose that's what you mean by "time being worth the 60K".

08-26-2011, 04:43 PM

when that happens we will all be old and very gray

Xatava
08-26-2011, 11:51 PM
well you guys can stop arguing about it because someone just accepted trade in ec. sold.

citizen1080
08-27-2011, 02:35 AM
You're welcome! =)

Moonface
08-27-2011, 03:01 AM
how the fuck does one not understand grammar but yet gets into graduate school? oh Michigan State lol

Supaskillz
08-27-2011, 03:13 AM
economics... I am very good at math ;)

edit: Also, I generally just type a forum post and don't read over it. I am not trying to present good work when talking about a video game I play.