PDA

View Full Version : Abacab's sweet dunx suggestions for Red99

God-King Abacab
08-20-2011, 09:22 PM
The main points

Classic XP rates + 20% (minus race/class penalties)
5% XP loss on PvP and 50% less XP loss on PvE death compared to P99
Coin loot + token
Working PvP leaderboard
+/- 8 level range PvP
Deity based teams good/newt/evil

Content

Classic drop rates
Lustrous russet, pre-nerf guide, jboots, box of abu-kar in-game
No-drop removed on all items but epics
Original CT with rubicite in
Egg-shaped pumice in
Instant cast Pegasus cloak
Kunark unlocked after 4 months with majority vote

Salty
08-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Who skaird of beta?

Tonomar
08-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, take advice from the kid who quits servers after 2 days of playing. Actually, just make him lead GM, server would be wildly successful.

Misto
08-20-2011, 09:31 PM
YEAH. LETS START DEMANDING SHIT.

I DEMAND A FIGHTER JET FOR MY BARD ROGEAN. DO IT. OR I QUIT RED99.

God-King Abacab
08-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Sullon Zek insignia

Killing a white-con player should cause experience loss to that player as a result the victor should be able to loot an insignia for which he could turn in for a minor reward, usually small illusion potions, coin, or even rarer summon corpse potions

Player faction

Killing a player in his or her home territory (any place with guards, guild masters, or generalized NPC's related to a city) would cause loss of faction with that said city (I.E killing a half-elf druid in Qeynos hills should cause a loss of faction with Guards of Qeynos and Citizens of Surefall Glade)

Lazortag
08-20-2011, 09:42 PM
The main points

Coin loot + token
Working PvP leaderboard
+/- 8 level range PvP

Content

Classic drop rates
Egg-shaped pumice in

Why are you asking for so much idiotic, un-classic shit? Instant class peggy cloaks? Really?

JayDee
08-20-2011, 09:43 PM
you have some of the dumbest ideas cabster

God-King Abacab
08-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Anti-grief clause

Normally the +/- 8 level range applies in most cases, but in zones where there is high contestability those rules do not apply, for example a level 10 cleric would not be safe from PvP in SolB, but could be safe from anyone over level 18 in Blackburrow. In a sense this would only apply to the following zones:

SolB
Permafrost
Kedge Keep
Plane of Fear (post-classic)
Plane of Sky (post-classic)
Plane of Hate (post-classic)

God-King Abacab
08-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Why are you asking for so much idiotic, un-classic shit? Instant class peggy cloaks? Really?

Peg cloaks used to be instant, and they were instant on P99 for a while before pre-nerf guise, rubicite, and lustrous russet as taken out

Lazortag
08-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Peg cloaks used to be instant, and they were instant on P99 for a while before pre-nerf guise, rubicite, and lustrous russet as taken out

My mistake. But most of your other ideas are stupid:

... token
Working PvP leaderboard

These are horrible ideas. Let rogean decide what the rules for red99 will be, he knows what he's doing.

JayDee
08-20-2011, 09:58 PM
no incentive needs to be given for pvp. yellow text is enough. no leaderboard no rewards, etc.

God-King Abacab
08-20-2011, 09:59 PM
My mistake. But most of your other ideas are stupid:

These are horrible ideas. Let rogean decide what the rules for red99 will be, he knows what he's doing.

Really? Horrible ideas?

" PvE Risk / Reward: Compared to other servers, you gain 20% more XP per kill, and XP lost upon death is 50% less than normal (for both PvP and PvE deaths). "

http://www.notacult.com/sullon.html

All these ideas are from the actual servers and shame on you for making me find the sources of old archived FoH shit

God-King Abacab
08-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Giegue, you keep saying all these ideas are "bad" but the only thing I'm doing is regurgitating all the old information from the Zek's pre-merger and all of my proposed ideas were in fact the norm for "classic" PvP servers

God-King Abacab
08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah, take advice from the kid who quits servers after 2 days of playing. Actually, just make him lead GM, server would be wildly successful.

Two days right?

In two days on Alter-Gate I was in the Top 5 along with Shody and ex-heresy crew.

In two days on red69 I was top wizard with 19 kills, and maintained top 10 status well after I quit that server.

In two days I soloed a cleric to level 40 on reloaded while everyone else was level 12

In two days I was full GM on VZ/TZ and shit on entire guilds.

What I do in just "two days" you couldn't accomplish in a years play-time, so I'm sorry if you're terrible and it takes you weeks and a guild of 40 people to earn something as trivial as "yellow text" but big Abacab has been dunking all up on your shit and QQing about everything since the dawn of time.

eastadam55
08-20-2011, 11:22 PM
'

Tonomar
08-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Two days right?

In two days on Alter-Gate I was in the Top 5 along with Shody and ex-heresy crew.

In two days on red69 I was top wizard with 19 kills, and maintained top 10 status well after I quit that server.

In two days I soloed a cleric to level 40 on reloaded while everyone else was level 12

What I do in just "two days" you couldn't accomplish in a years play-time, so I'm sorry if you're terrible and it takes you weeks and a guild of 40 people to earn something as trivial as "yellow text" but big Abacab has been dunking all up on your shit and QQing about everything since the dawn of time.

The career virgin gods would be so proud.

God-King Abacab
08-21-2011, 12:24 AM
The career virgin gods would be so proud.

So much so that Rogean graced us in mumble and talked a good 45 minutes about PvP, about how to make it work so I can shit all over you from Erudin to Ak'anon

That's right son, I'm your savior

Pudge
08-21-2011, 12:28 AM
abacab.. i'm kindof worried that rogean actually listened to your opinions on PVP.

i mean, you think that because ppl are in guilds, we will need team-based pvp instead of ffa...

Salty
08-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Abacab has a PHD in pvp

God-King Abacab
08-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Abacab has a PHD in pvp

and a Juris Doctorate in spanking this forums ass

Misto
08-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Two days right?

You're acting like that's something to brag about.

God-King Abacab
08-21-2011, 01:05 AM
abacab.. i'm kindof worried that rogean actually listened to your opinions on PVP.

i mean, you think that because ppl are in guilds, we will need team-based pvp instead of ffa...

I speak nothing but truth, this is how PvP servers were before the Zek merger and for all extensive purposes the goal of Project1999 was to recreate a "classic" everquest not just in content by mechanics wise too...

So why should Red99 be any different? Rallos Zek had completely different rule sets and modifiers for experience and factions, Sullon Zek had an insignia system and a fairly active leader board, nothing I have stated varies from what the original PvP servers intended and implemented.

What you guys are trying to argue for is a Daxum box coded by Null, which might as well just be another shitty VZ/TZ clone with yellow text and piss poor population, the same exact shit that you've played time and time again through different reincarnations.

I on the other hand want a complete immersion into PvP as it was between 1999-2002 by replicate the live server as it was. I will continue to post change logs and server testimonials from that era because frankly I'm tired of the EZ mode PvP logic of retarded high XP rates in a FFA environment that encourages zerging to the end, just as I'm tired of people thinking you just red flag P99's current code and let us go at it.

In short, if you want a classic PvP server then go back and look at PvP servers from that era and use that as a model instead of just nut hugging on P99's database without making any significant changes other than "root shouldn't work like this!"

God-King Abacab
08-21-2011, 01:08 AM
You're acting like that's something to brag about.

Sure it is, that means I've only played a total of 48 hours and topped the charts, while you asperger laden fat fucks spend weeks on end trying to reach my level.

I'm sorry that one Saturday and Sunday seems "sad" when I know you personally will be spending 6-7 weeks trying to do the same exact shit, so personally I think it's sad that you brag about and or downplay the stupidest fucking shit regarding PvP when you're just a no-name that I wouldn't let lick the shit off my boot.

eastadam55
08-21-2011, 01:12 AM
the real truth

Vile
08-21-2011, 01:28 AM
sweeet

JayDee
08-21-2011, 01:39 AM

He thinks Abacab is the voice of pvpers because hes loud and obnoxious

When in reality, he probably will not survive on red99

God-King Abacab
08-21-2011, 02:06 AM
He thinks Abacab is the voice of pvpers because hes loud and obnoxious

When in reality, he probably will not survive on red99

We'll see about that, I'm a survivor bro and I do not run from PvP

You will never see the Cab run to the zone line because it's death before dishonor faggot

Vile
08-21-2011, 02:20 AM
http://iandoesntgiveafuck.com/images/78268-haters.gif

Misto
08-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Abacab is serious.

Moonface
08-21-2011, 11:37 PM
The main points

Coin loot + token
Working PvP leaderboard
+/- 8 level range PvP

Content

Classic drop rates
Egg-shaped pumice in

wait... who was your character on zek...?
go make your own server so you can play in it all by yourself?

Two days right?

you are no Sam Deathwalker so shut the fuck up now?

Haul
08-22-2011, 12:14 AM
no incentive needs to be given for pvp. yellow text is enough. no leaderboard no rewards, etc.

This.

Haul
08-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Two days right?

The phrase "In two days" should never be used that many times. Was painful to read the whole thing.

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
This.

No.

Yellow-text is pointless, whatever guild can hold control of all the raid targets is what truly matters...

Who cares if you smash some level 22 in upper guk and proceed to shit talk over ooc? If you're not dropping raid targets frequently then you're a failure.

fiegi
08-22-2011, 12:26 AM
abacab gonna find some friends on red99 or is he gonna just do his usual power grind to 35, then rage quit when a gank squad takes him out.

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 12:32 AM
abacab gonna find some friends on red99 or is he gonna just do his usual power grind to 35, then rage quit when a gank squad takes him out.

You're just mad that it takes 6 TDT to take the Cab down, we all know if i had a crew of 30 that powergrinds like I do, I'd be clearing fear before you looted your first PGT.

It's also obvious that I didn't quit because I died, I rage quit because I had zero friends and 40 enemies thus no one would group with me.

georgie
08-22-2011, 12:33 AM
i'll be your friend on r99 abacab

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 12:35 AM
i'll be your friend on r99 abacab

I got a raging semi right now

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 12:37 AM
I had friends on the Secrets box doing the big grind and gear up, but Pecks crew didn't get their IP exemption so there went my mutuality, and I a solo cleric could not beat the guard exploiting TDT as they warped behind walls to exploit pathing.

fiegi
08-22-2011, 12:39 AM
damn i'm steaming!!

georgie
08-22-2011, 12:41 AM
I got a raging semi right now

who did you play on r69 again?

Haul
08-22-2011, 12:42 AM
No.

Yellow-text is pointless, whatever guild can hold control of all the raid targets is what truly matters...

Who cares if you smash some level 22 in upper guk and proceed to shit talk over ooc? If you're not dropping raid targets frequently then you're a failure.

I was agreeing that yellow text would be enough, not that yellow text is needed or that I care about it.

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 12:43 AM
I was agreeing that yellow text would be enough, not that yellow text is needed or that I care about it.

We're on different pages. Yellow text isn't enough for me, it isn't even a little... Getting that CoF though is.

JayDee
08-22-2011, 12:45 AM
there will not be item loot on red99

you heard it here first

Haul
08-22-2011, 12:48 AM
We're on different pages. Yellow text isn't enough for me, it isn't even a little... Getting that CoF though is.

How is that even a response, you don't even have the slightest clue of what page I'm on dudebro, and vice versa. Only time we've ever had an encounter was when I was a noobie in march 2010, and you were hanging out in nfp at bank. All the best though lol.

Moonface
08-22-2011, 12:50 AM
wait... who was your character on zek...?
go make your own server so you can play in it all by yourself?

you are no Sam Deathwalker so shut the fuck up now?

WHY YOU DODGING MY QUESTION ?????????????????
big ABACDEFG how low of you

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 12:51 AM
How is that even a response, you don't even have the slightest clue of what page I'm on dudebro, and vice versa. Only time we've ever had an encounter was when I was a noobie in march 2010, and you were hanging out in nfp at bank. All the best though lol.

Those were good times right? Locking people in the vault, fearing bankers, doin' big things

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 12:58 AM
WHY YOU DODGING MY QUESTION ?????????????????
big ABACDEFG how low of you

I've always played Abacab or Bacaba or any variation of that on every server from Tunare to Drinal so idk look them up?

Haul
08-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Those were good times right? Locking people in the vault, fearing bankers, doin' big things

Good times haha. I actually remember you locking someone in one, come to think of it.

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 01:59 AM
who did you play on r69 again?

Obamacare

Macken
08-22-2011, 05:17 AM
For those of you who are afraid of YT and leaderboards, you may send me a pm with questions on how i farm massive YT and manage to win all leaderboards, so that you don't have to be afraid anymore.

For those of you who do not know how to solo exp to level 50 on a pvp server on every class, you may also send me a pm, so that you may have a chance to join me at the top with or without friends.

Limited time opportunity. Once Beta launches this offer will be rescinded.

God-King Abacab
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
For those of you who are afraid of YT and leaderboards, you may send me a pm with questions on how i farm massive YT and manage to win all leaderboards, so that you don't have to be afraid anymore.

For those of you who do not know how to solo exp to level 50 on a pvp server on every class, you may also send me a pm, so that you may have a chance to join me at the top with or without friends.

Limited time opportunity. Once Beta launches this offer will be rescinded.

Likewise, if you're interested in learning how to knock down every raid boss send me a message, I'm a 12+ year professional and have been taking loot from fat unwanted virgins like yourself on the daily.

deakolt
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
http://iandoesntgiveafuck.com/images/78268-haters.gif

MY NAME IS TWAVIS

I AM DA MOVIESTAR!