PDA

View Full Version : zone pluggers confessional

Marglar
08-24-2011, 11:19 PM
just a random for fun thread. have you zone plugged before in eq pvp? do you do it often? do you do it rarely? have you never? I think we all can agree that zoning in pvp is pretty lame and that zone plugging to avoid death is extremely lame.

I very rarely plug but sometimes I feel it's worth the embarrassment. there's only a few scenarios where it's worth while to me:

-on melee toons when I am bound far away and don't want to deal with a horrid CR

-on item loot servers when I am about to get my shit pushed in and I want to save my pixels

-on coin loot scenarios when I've had excessive plat on me to complete a trade.

I don't personally care about epeen reasons, everyone dies in pvp, it doesn't bother me.

beentheredonethat
08-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I personally only had to do it once to save myself from losing coin/item. Got attacked by a wizard near the zone at some dungeon in kunark. roots worn off and i zone plugged because I was completely oom on my cleric.

Doors
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM
I zoneplug because of YT. I'm scared guys.

Marglar
08-25-2011, 12:40 AM
^you joke about that, but I bet it applies to a lot of folks :[

Galacticus
08-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I used to ghost back on live with a bard to get through to PoM. Basically unplug your connection for 15 seconds then plug it back in for 5 and repeat. You would gain agro for 5 seconds but then lose it, just pray you survive that long.

Envious
08-25-2011, 12:42 AM
On live with item loot... I played a caster, and only wore a robe and some 2int rings most of the time, and usually got the robe + rings and maybe some random trash bagged.

On EMU I have plugged a few times when I was playing a melee, far as fuk from my bind, and didnt want to stay online to CR or mess with it the following day.

Salty
08-25-2011, 12:53 AM
No Plug no Win

Xantille
08-25-2011, 12:57 AM
On live with item loot... I played a caster, and only wore a robe and some 2int rings most of the time, and usually got the robe + rings and maybe some random trash bagged.

On EMU I have plugged a few times when I was playing a melee, far as fuk from my bind, and didnt want to stay online to CR or mess with it the following day.

LOL U PLUG ***LOTS***

My position on the OP: if you don't want me plugging, don't let me get to the zoneline when it's a 5v1 fight and I'm at 5% health.

Cwall
08-25-2011, 01:05 AM
I've never plugged. The only thing I'll do is zonedance because I find that I often load faster than other people, and then if I can end up on the opposite zone as them, I'll run around a corner and log out, unless I'm a caster, in which I'd just gate.

Zigfreed
08-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Never did, never will. You folks you do it are pussies.

georgie
08-25-2011, 02:25 AM
if you can't get the job done before he zones you ain't on shit nika !

Pudge
08-25-2011, 02:29 AM
just a random for fun thread. have you zone plugged before in eq pvp?

stopped reading there.

of course i've plugged. strategic plugging is crucial. not only to avoid a random death, but to help win in guild v guild. it is part of EQ mechanics.

if zone-plugging were removed, i would actually be for it. but as long as the mechanic is in, ppl will/should use it to its full potential. when lewts are at stake, it doesnt really matter if someone calls you a pussy. in the end, you are the one wielding the Ub3r gearz.

vinx
08-25-2011, 02:43 AM
I used to zone dance when my PC was up to par... here on R99 i will prolly just die unless my criteria fits one of the below

-on melee toons when I am bound far away and don't want to deal with a horrid CR

-on item loot servers when I am about to get my shit pushed in and I want to save my pixels

-on coin loot scenarios when I've had excessive plat on me to complete a trade.

I don't personally care about epeen reasons, everyone dies in pvp, it doesn't bother me.

Pudge
08-25-2011, 02:44 AM
I used to zone dance when my PC was up to par... here on R99 i will prolly just die unless my criteria fits one of the below

i just ordered a new comp in anticipation.

parts should be in tomorrow. i advise you do the same!

Doors
08-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Guys I zoneplug because I'm scared of YT.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm53alf8ja1qfr8um.jpg

Zigfreed
08-25-2011, 04:08 AM
The thing I like about these threads is that they let the folks who are supposedly going to run red99 in 2013 know who to watch so they can ban em sooner.

Play clean or stare at a DENIED screen when you try to log in.

dusk883
08-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Not once did I ZP

Which reminds me, where's Thisle?

Vile
08-25-2011, 02:07 PM
anyone who played competitively on VZTZ went to the glory land..

Xantille
08-25-2011, 02:34 PM
anyone who played competitively on VZTZ went to the glory land..

this

Vile
08-25-2011, 02:48 PM
this

Not to say it was a good thing either, but I always wished they could've made the zone plugged char pop on the other side on VZTZ. If Rogean can do this, I won't miss the glory land.

This way mass PvP will finally end (eventually) and it wont be a zone plugging war for hours.

Xantille
08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Not to say it was a good thing either, but I always wished they could've made the zone plugged char pop on the other side on VZTZ. If Rogean can do this, I won't miss the glory land.

This way mass PvP will finally end (eventually) and it wont be a zone plugging war for hours.

Agreed. I really don't care either way, just here for the luls of seeing people say LOLINEVERPLUGGED

I feel like what Rogean is talking about was once a feature on a previous box, maybe during the Virulent/Heresy days when everyone and their mother was AE'ing zone lines.

Vile
08-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Agreed. I really don't care either way, just here for the luls of seeing people say LOLINEVERPLUGGED

I feel like what Rogean is talking about was once a feature on a previous box, maybe during the Virulent/Heresy days when everyone and their mother was AE'ing zone lines.

I believe that was more of poor mechanics/code. Where when you zoned, your char could be damaged by (only?) AoEs before you actually appeared on the other side. The server registered the user in the zone, but clients could not physically see their opponents and people were raining the zone line, but the client's side never completely loaded in. When they finally zoned in they were dead or down a few hundred HP.

If Rogean can write code to detect when a person "plugs", force the character model to pop on the other side, and just fight back similiar to an NPC that would be perfect. Not some OP rampaging NPC like VZTZ had where you could exploit your glory lands and destroy a whole raid.. haha.

SanlavenTZ
08-25-2011, 07:53 PM
I've never plugged and don't really care if someone plugs on me or at all. I just think it's stupid when people try to talk shit about their opponent plugging when they likely plug to avoid a PvP death themselves on a frequent basis (this happens all the time).

Littlegyno
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Littlegyno/Biggyno/Dongshow/Feces probably plugged their way into the glory land over 2000 times.

Not letting you have the YT dogs.

vinaden
08-25-2011, 09:25 PM
ive never plugged

Rushmore
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
ive never plugged

I never did either until Xantille and Zzoj taught me.
Thanks bros.

pojab
08-25-2011, 11:39 PM
i rained the shit out of many zonelines.

Vile
08-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Best is having a leet box and zoning days before the opposition, popping duelist when they zone over and before they have control of their char, and lawlz.

Knuckle
08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I didn't start zoneplugging real bad untill 3.0. on 1.0 I didn't zoneplug ONCE during item loot era as a rogue in classic, I had balls of steel + no life so I had every single base covered in 90% of fights. I did lose my planar bp once from a tzt gank squad in innothule swamp there was 5 or 6 and a fucking root landed as i was zoning into guk.

Man 1.0....good times. I remember I ganked arimides at EE camp and snagged his ethereal mist BP. Linked that shit in ooc and talked so much smack. Then 5 minutes later Kable ganks rexx's cleric in solB and loots his ethereal mist BP and ooc's it. Such lulz.

Knuckle
08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Nova and crew had a wicked rain squad with sanlaven and a few others at the end of 1.0. I remember my barbarian shaman was sporting like 240 cold resist and I would load into like 8 resists of Tears of Prexus and rape face with Bane. $$$

Xantille
08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I never did either until Xantille and Zzoj taught me.
Thanks bros.

we also taught you how to not use 1 handers

Arshis
08-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I zoned so slow people thought I zone plugged...

Does that count?

Scribbles
08-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I zoned so slow people thought I zone plugged...

Does that count?

m2