PDA

View Full Version : Cani II Quest Help

Buffet
08-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Was just wondering if anyone had gone through this quest on their Shaman?

I just had some questions about it. My Shamans Evil and there is no info on the Wiki for Evil Races although someone told me the quest is 100% identical as far as what I need to collect, I just need to hand in the items to the Oowomp in Tim Deep instead. Is that true?

Secondly the most annoying part of the quest is the Crushed Dread Diamonds. It goes into detail about needing alchemy skill, someone to charm the skeleton etc etc but than it notates that you can just pick up the already crushed diamonds as a Ground Spawn on the Golora Island in Tim Deep. Is that also true?

I do appreciate any feedback.

Estu
08-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I can't offer you help on the quest, but here's what I figured: you get Canni 1 easily from a merchant at level 24, and you can buy Canni 3 on EC at level 54. In the middle, you have an arduous quest for Canni 2. You can go through and do the quest only to have the spell be obsoleted in 15 levels, or you can just wait it out and have your cannibalizes be a little slower and less efficient until 54. For me, doing the quest isn't worth the effort.

maverixdamighty
08-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Easily worth it if you have the means to get it.

Buffet
08-25-2011, 09:54 AM
I find the 40's to be very long

I'd love the spell in my arsenal. Cani 1 is awful.

Has anyone seen the Diamonds on the ground in Tim Deep?

maverixdamighty
08-25-2011, 09:58 AM
about the only advice i can tell you is to message billatoras in game. he's an iksar shaman who I know did the quest. I'm sure he can help you.

Bigpop
08-25-2011, 10:09 AM
My brother and I did the quest minus the greyish bone chips from KC skele warlord in about 2hours.
-8000, -6000 on the Golra island is the ground spawn for the crushed diamonds, it's not no drop but it is lore.
There is usually a guy selling the strange ocre clay in ec for around 200pp I've seen it for sale many times
The yun shaman is easy with someone over 50 but there can be alot of adds... saw him around -1500, -1000

Mardur
08-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Canni 2 is a pain in the ass and the least efficient Canni spell in the game. Just saying.

Buffet
08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks Big

Really appreciate it

Kanz
08-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Cannibalize I0.62
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 50
2: Increase Mana by 19 (L23) to 31 (L90)

Cannibalize II 0.642
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 67
2: Increase Mana by 30 (L38) to 43 (L90)

Cannibalize III0.608
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 74
2: Increase Mana by 39 (L54) to 48 (L90)
Not sure the scaling but I'll be generous and give it 1 mana per level for 45 at 60

So looks like it's the most efficient canni and well worth the 2 hours to quest it.

Estu
08-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Disputing the above poster. Following info is from http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells.htm which has Luclin-era data. MP ranges depend on level, with highest MP being at level 60.

Canni 1: 20-28 MP for 50 HP: 0.4 - 0.58 ratio
Canni 2: 30-36 MP for 67 HP: 0.45 - 0.54 ratio <-- LEAST EFFICIENT
Canni 3: 39-41 MP for 74 HP: 0.53 - 0.55 ratio

garyogburn
08-26-2011, 12:53 AM
You can find the crushed diamonds in TD on golra island.

Iwar
08-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Here is the evil version on wiki:

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Cannibalize_II_%28Evil%29

purist
08-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Disputing the above poster. Following info is from http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells.htm which has Luclin-era data. MP ranges depend on level, with highest MP being at level 60.

Canni 1: 20-28 MP for 50 HP: 0.4 - 0.58 ratio
Canni 2: 30-36 MP for 67 HP: 0.45 - 0.54 ratio <-- LEAST EFFICIENT
Canni 3: 39-41 MP for 74 HP: 0.53 - 0.55 ratio

It depends on your level how much MP you get per canni. Your data does show is that at level 60, then Canni 2 is the worst, yea, but I'm pretty sure Canni 2 is better for OP than 1.

Nataz
08-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Seems when you look at Cannibalize it gives 0.225 more mana per level upto lvl 60 (65) which would mean at lvl 39 Canni would give you 23 mana for 50 hp => 0.46 mana per hp

Canni2 at lvl 39 is 30 mana for 67 hps => 0.45 mana per hp

It's virtually the same but Canni 2 restores mana faster per spell cast, which is most important.

Slave
08-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Well look at it this way... from 45-54 you can use Jaundiced Bone Bracer to level. (And it was about 20 hours from level 45 to level 52 for me with an ogre). You're not using a ton of mana - you don't really need a ton of mana. You need just enough to root every so often. I am going to have to agree with Estu on this despite his hideously disturbing avatar.

Estu
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Well look at it this way... from 45-54 you can use Jaundiced Bone Bracer to level. (And it was about 20 hours from level 45 to level 52 for me with an ogre). You're not using a ton of mana - you don't really need a ton of mana. You need just enough to root every so often. I am going to have to agree with Estu on this despite his hideously disturbing avatar.

I'll let the avatar comment slide. Here's something I've been wondering about: people always put such an importance on JBB and for instance how bad and game-changing it is that Iksar can't use them; however, at level 60 when you have Torpor and so can just cannibalize indefinitely, is the JBB really that useful/worthwhile? Basically, is it just important up to 60 or does it continue to be game-changing at 60?

garyogburn
08-27-2011, 06:18 AM
I'll let the avatar comment slide. Here's something I've been wondering about: people always put such an importance on JBB and for instance how bad and game-changing it is that Iksar can't use them; however, at level 60 when you have Torpor and so can just cannibalize indefinitely, is the JBB really that useful/worthwhile? Basically, is it just important up to 60 or does it continue to be game-changing at 60?

When is manafree damage not useful? JBB frees up mana for other more useful spells.

Estu
08-27-2011, 09:35 AM
When is manafree damage not useful? JBB frees up mana for other more useful spells.

Manafree damage is not useful when all your mana is free anyway because you can caniballize ad infinitum. Is this really that hard a concept? Once you hit 60, the real question is how much time it takes to cast a spell and canni up the mana for it, not how much mana it takes. If it takes less time to cast a spell that does some amount of damage and canni back up than it takes to use the JBB to do the same amount of damage, then the JBB is not worth using. "Freeing up mana" is meaningless if you have an endless supply.

greatdane
08-27-2011, 09:45 AM
JBB is mostly a leveling tool. It's amazing for that, but it isn't too crucial at 60. Note that Torpor is one of the rarest spells in the game, though. I'd say JBB still has the occasional use at 60, because you can get into situations where you don't have the mana to cast anything much and don't have time to canni several times, cast Torpor, wait several ticks to regenerate and then cast a nuke or dot. It's unlikely to happen often, but it can. The theory that "JBB becomes obsolete at 60 because it's more effective to canni and use the mana for spells" is only valid if you have all the time in the world to do so. If you're OOM with 40% health left and a nearly dead mob mauling your face, JBB will help you much more than trying to twitch up enough mana to cast something while getting pummeled. It's a slow cast, but not nearly as slow as canni-torpor-wait-wait-canni-canni-nuke.

Mardur
08-27-2011, 09:59 AM

JBB goes from godlike to near-useless at 60 with torpor, yeah.

Estu
08-27-2011, 10:01 AM
JBB is mostly a leveling tool. It's amazing for that, but it isn't too crucial at 60. Note that Torpor is one of the rarest spells in the game, though. I'd say JBB still has the occasional use at 60, because you can get into situations where you don't have the mana to cast anything much and don't have time to canni several times, cast Torpor, wait several ticks to regenerate and then cast a nuke or dot. It's unlikely to happen often, but it can. The theory that "JBB becomes obsolete at 60 because it's more effective to canni and use the mana for spells" is only valid if you have all the time in the world to do so. If you're OOM with 40% health left and a nearly dead mob mauling your face, JBB will help you much more than trying to twitch up enough mana to cast something while getting pummeled. It's a slow cast, but not nearly as slow as canni-torpor-wait-wait-canni-canni-nuke.

You have a point, though I would argue that in that situation if you can get a torpor off it's preferable to doing anything else, because then you have plenty of time and HP to deal with the mob, whereas if you're in trouble and your JBB cast is resisted or something you might really be fucked.

Juugox2
08-27-2011, 10:43 AM
what lvl is canni 3 again 54 or 58? cant remember

Nerfbat
08-27-2011, 10:55 AM
what lvl is canni 3 again 54 or 58? cant remember

garyogburn
08-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Manafree damage is not useful when all your mana is free anyway because you can caniballize ad infinitum. Is this really that hard a concept? Once you hit 60, the real question is how much time it takes to cast a spell and canni up the mana for it, not how much mana it takes. If it takes less time to cast a spell that does some amount of damage and canni back up than it takes to use the JBB to do the same amount of damage, then the JBB is not worth using. "Freeing up mana" is meaningless if you have an endless supply.

Because I havent played a shaman at 60, ill take your word for its limited usefulness at that point. But I cant imagine not having it pre 60 due to how it gives me an extremely efficient damage source when every damage spell I have costs quite a bit of mana that id rather save for an extra slow or heal.

Phallax
08-27-2011, 04:06 PM

JBB gets its power at 60 when youre solo torpor tanking. You really dont wanna get urself to low for what youre tanking to 1-2 shot you. So you just JBB for dmg while ur dots are ticking and Cani every so often. You dont just cani non stop then torpor when doing this strat. Yea, in a group/raid situation JBB loses its value by a ton because of cani/torpor but in Velious when shaman start tanking big hitters solo is when JBB really starts to shine.

Estu
08-27-2011, 04:52 PM
JBB gets its power at 60 when youre solo torpor tanking. You really dont wanna get urself to low for what youre tanking to 1-2 shot you. So you just JBB for dmg while ur dots are ticking and Cani every so often. You dont just cani non stop then torpor when doing this strat. Yea, in a group/raid situation JBB loses its value by a ton because of cani/torpor but in Velious when shaman start tanking big hitters solo is when JBB really starts to shine.

This makes sense, thanks.