PDA

View Full Version : which is the best monk weapon

ChrisHSBY
08-25-2011, 01:12 PM
im a lvl 22 monk and i was wondering which is better at my level and will this change

greenwood bo stick 2H 16/32

or

2 canes of the tranquil 11/25

Silentone
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I am going to guess that the 11/25's are a bit better than a .50 ratio two hander..but thats just me. As a monk you may want to download and play with GameParse its a simple melee dps parser I know it has some other functions but i personaly have only used it to gauge my melee dps vs some other melee dps. Hope that helps.

ChrisHSBY
08-25-2011, 03:16 PM
if i already have the greenwood staff would it be worth buying 2 canes?

Baa
08-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Just grab a Wu's Quivering Staff, 23/28 under and 1k

Cippofra
08-25-2011, 09:49 PM
The 2 canes are worth more than 1 wu's quivering staff. And the simple explanation is, WQS is god in stick form.

johnqpublic67
08-25-2011, 10:01 PM
The best monk weapon in game currently you will never acquire. It is Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding. It is not supposed to be on this server, as it was only meant for beta servers on live. The GM's gave it to a monk in Transatlantic Rampage and gave him a special title as well. It is 44/40 and procs One hundred fist. If there is any more proof needed that the GM's cater to one guild, and one guild only, please ask and I will provide more examples. Have a nice day knowing you will never reach the top level of play in your class because this private server takes care of its friends and not you.

Baa
08-25-2011, 10:10 PM
The best monk weapon in game currently you will never acquire. It is Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding. It is not supposed to be on this server, as it was only meant for beta servers on live. The GM's gave it to a monk in Transatlantic Rampage and gave him a special title as well. It is 44/40 and procs One hundred fist. If there is any more proof needed that the GM's cater to one guild, and one guild only, please ask and I will provide more examples. Have a nice day knowing you will never reach the top level of play in your class because this private server takes care of its friends and not you.

Bitter much?

Alex
08-25-2011, 10:17 PM

Who is the monk?

Slathar
08-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Who is the monk?

i duno but i guarantee i know which guild hes in

johnqpublic67
08-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Perun wields this weapon of GMly fellatio. He is one of TR's main pullers. You can say I am bitter, however I think you fail to realize the gravity of the GM's handing out loot that should not be in the game classically. The raid rules will soon change to first-to-engage according to Uthgaard. This means if a guild pulls a Boss first and is able to kill it, you lose. Basically since TR has mastered poopsocking, all other guilds can only watch and hope they wipe (haha ya right) if they want any god-tier loot. When the GM's game the system and assure that TR has more dps than should be allowed classically, they are assuring they will most likely not wipe. A case in point, with this insanely imbalanced weapon Perun recently tanked Trakanon. A 60 monk tanked Trakanon, and held aggro easily. You wanted to get an epic weapon? Fat chance.

Feachie
08-25-2011, 11:50 PM
so like, does their entire melee roster have gm weapons?

or are you qq'ing about one weapon...overall raid dps increase = pissing into the ocean

sounds like the latter

Curmudgen
08-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Bitter or not the guy has got a point. You have to submit a 5 page essay amassed by the NSA and three proofs of identity and bring a developer from the past in a time machine to get the rain changed in case it "was not classic" yet this ton po is handed out?

johnqpublic67
08-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Like I said, examples abound. You should inspect some TR core members if you get the chance sometime. See an item you have never seen before? Google it, and it will likely be from a much later era. Especially TR members with special GM titles after their names. Good day.

Nyrod
08-26-2011, 01:20 AM
rofl

Popt
08-26-2011, 01:46 AM
lol johnq is funny

Feachie
08-26-2011, 01:56 AM
burden of proof is on the accuser here imo, just saying... you'd probably get the reaction you're looking for if you had any.

Slathar
08-26-2011, 02:09 AM
the proof is that a monk has a weapon that never dropped on live and that its compounded by the fact they have a staff member as a guild leader. not to mention all the duping and other shady bullshit like right clicking any items from their inventory (a bug they abused and didnt report)

Feachie
08-26-2011, 02:14 AM
not to mention not enough people care, or not enough evidence has been brought.

hearsay, theories, and circumstantial evidence hardly count.

Slathar
08-26-2011, 02:18 AM
not to mention not enough people care, or not enough evidence has been brought.

hearsay, theories, and circumstantial evidence hardly count.

how is him using the staff (as in right now) hearsay? ton po wasn't on live servers in kunark. Stefen being banned for duping AoNs isn't hearsay.

just sayin

Feachie
08-26-2011, 02:55 AM
i think you're confused, because i was under the impression this staff was on trakanon's loot table, but later removed. wouldn't that make it an era appropriate gm award? this is why i think your argument is fucking stupid. seriously... just sayin btw :)

and somebody being banned for duping just means people are doing their job.

Juugox2
08-26-2011, 07:44 AM
it was on the table for trak but removed pretty damn fast but yea it is kinda stupid that TR gets its.. but who gives shit epics are soon then velious and in velious way better shit but after they "pwn everything in velious" then what? server dies down ? or more ppl can actually get loot because people are in such a rush to be "first" yet all this was already done long ago

i just enjoy what i have classic was great but no need to rush only gonna end at some point esp if it stops at velious

Lavahorn
08-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Yah I remember seeing that staff on allakhzam when I was playing live, thought it was pretty sick. I thought it was a item that was droping but stopped after a patch or something.

visage
08-26-2011, 08:53 AM

Darn. Someone has a good weapon. I now can't enjoy the game knowing this. I know I'll post on the forums. Let's be real here. If you brag about being in TR it's a lol fest. If I spend that much time on this game I clearly am sacrificing to much RL crap. IMO give the entire roster of TR unique weapons. I sure as hell would rather reward people that put the time into a game and aquire such things. Than casual people that wouldn't appreciate the reward as much. These people eat live and shit eq. Let them have their fun.

Misto
08-26-2011, 09:19 AM
When you get around level 30

2 Staves of Shielding

ChrisHSBY
08-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions on which is the better weapon for my level. I posted this thread cause i was stuck between a rock and a hard place now im angry at guilds DAMN You preordained Trak downers!!!

Extunarian
08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I think rogean should put up another paypal link so we can donate to buy blood pressure meds for the people who care what virtual goods other people have.

Getting the uber items doesn't require GM favoritism. If you really want these things, you have to have a decent amount of free time, make EQ a priority, and have enough social skills and intelligence ('average' should be enough) to get accepted into a top guild and not mess up during raids.

If you are lacking in time or EQ ambition, then why concern yourself with what the top guilds do? If you're lacking in intelligence or social skills, then I'm sorry.

JerSar
08-26-2011, 05:25 PM
The guy has a point. Classic weapons, gear or otherwise should be classic. That's what this server is about: being classic. But as of right now I can only go by whats posted on this thread and not what I've seen. There is a chance that someone had this staff on live back in those days - due to some event or error. I'd personally like to see some proof that he has it/it was never ever dropped on live, which would seem hard to get.

edit: after some looking

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=586 )this link seems to say it did drop.

Cippofra
08-26-2011, 09:29 PM
All this talk about certain guilds having the upper hand as far as raids go is crazy. You're going to criticize a guild because they're good at what they do? Simple solution. Make a better guild.

Aoloen
08-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Perun wields this weapon of GMly fellatio. He is one of TR's main pullers. You can say I am bitter, however I think you fail to realize the gravity of the GM's handing out loot that should not be in the game classically. The raid rules will soon change to first-to-engage according to Uthgaard. This means if a guild pulls a Boss first and is able to kill it, you lose. Basically since TR has mastered poopsocking, all other guilds can only watch and hope they wipe (haha ya right) if they want any god-tier loot. When the GM's game the system and assure that TR has more dps than should be allowed classically, they are assuring they will most likely not wipe. A case in point, with this insanely imbalanced weapon Perun recently tanked Trakanon. A 60 monk tanked Trakanon, and held aggro easily. You wanted to get an epic weapon? Fat chance.

Umm. First off not trying to stick up for TR or anyone for that matter but... I'm a 60 monk and i tank trak literally everytime we kill him and i could use my fists if i wanted to and hold agro, its not about a weapon~
Also, one monk weilding a ton po stick isnt going to be the deciding factor in killing a raid boss.. Trust me..
And also, don't think TR doesnt wipe, i've seen em wipe more times than i can count, and im in no way talking shit cause we have wiped just as much.
Basically, one monk using a ton po stick isnt going to cause a full raid to uber pwn raid mob's flawlessly.
Perun has an awesome wep, it's really nice and i say grats to him.
But umm.. Bo Staff of Trorsmang??¿

Versus
08-27-2011, 12:56 AM
rabble rabble rabble. Nice guy gets good weapon.

Oh by the way, TR wiped to the Trakanon that dropped that weapon and TMO/Ascension then wiped to him @ like 15% before TR ressed up and killed him on the second attempt, so no, GM's aren't "handing out uber weapons to TR" willy nilly.

Also, what's stopping anyone from winning one of Rogean/Uthgaard's GM events where you get to choose your prize? Just because everyone chose pre-nerf fungi staffs last go round doesnt mean they couldnt have picked a Ton Po's~

Aoloen
08-27-2011, 01:04 AM
^ what phist said.

Buhbuh
08-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Feachie owned this thread.

...2 Canes. Usually you want a fast weapon in your primary hand though. 44/40 vs. 38/40 isn't a terrible difference. The proc is sick, but it's really a PvP weapon.

What I was thinking when some of you were pissed off at whatever guild you're talking about was, "too bad it's not a PvP server!" Problem solved! =p