PDA

View Full Version : New Player

Distance
10-31-2009, 08:05 PM
hello,

Thought I ask a question or two while I install and configure to play.

I'm looking for recommendations on what class to play. For reference, I played from early Kunark to before GoD, as well as a little stint during TSS. My favorite classes were always shaman, necromancers, druids. Particularly pet classes, kiting, and root rotting were what I enjoyed.

So what I'm asking, I think:

Do these mechanics function -- fear, kiting, etc.? Are pet classes viable to solo with and how do pets compare necro/mage/shaman? I've read typically on emu's they are fairly potent.

I understand grouping is important here and I would love to be a part of community, however, I don't want to be absolutely relegated to being unable to accomplish anything without a group.

Just looking for any advice,

Thanks.

Wonton
10-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Make a ranger

ferris
11-01-2009, 12:50 AM
I have been playing a Magician and atm it was a good choice. My pet is fantastic although at the higher levels, I have heard they are bugged and do less damage than they should.

Melee at the moment is iffy, some people say its broken, the devs say its regular EQEmu code. But right now, mobs do a lot of damage and it's hard for melees to keep up.

So based on that I'd choose a caster.

emubird
11-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Magician pets are tremendously powerful, all the way to 50. Pet bugs are exaggerated; yes, they don't do certain things they could do in original EQ, but pets are so strong that it isn't really an issue. You will never go wrong by picking a magician.

Kantan
11-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Right now pets out damage monks at the same level. I am still hoping we fix melee.

andymc1980
11-01-2009, 05:41 PM
lol...everything out-damages a monk...but we will become victorious soon!

Tenpin
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Welcome. You can solo some stuff, but of course there is strength in numbers

Jify
11-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Magician pets are tremendously powerful, all the way to 50. Pet bugs are exaggerated; yes, they don't do certain things they could do in original EQ, but pets are so strong that it isn't really an issue. You will never go wrong by picking a magician.

Lol. All the way to 39, at which point shaman pets out damage your pet until 49. ;)

Deemo
11-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Play what what u love doing. Seeing your histoy id say some sort off Priestclass for sure. Pet classes are always fun if u like to have choice betweeen gps or solo.

Iam playing warrior. Steadey and slow :) but what i love to play so iam ok on it atm ;)

Layla
11-03-2009, 03:21 PM
newbie question: i just made a paladin and i was wondering if and when they get dual weld?

guineapig
11-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Never, sorry. Same goes for SK.