PDA

View Full Version : Slam damage on troll/ogre/barbarian warrior/sk

raptorak
08-28-2011, 01:51 PM
As far as I remember troll/ogre and barbarian warriors/sks should get improved damage on their slam after training Bash at the appropriate level (level 6 for me as a Troll SK) whilst using a 2h weapon.

As it stands, however, I am doing a max of 2 damage. This should be the standard damage for Shamans but not warriors and SKs. It should be doing 4-6 damage IIRC. Bug?

Ektar
08-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm a 60 pal with 2hbash. my bashes do more than 2. I think it's just your level and it'll go up as you get higher

raptorak
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Ektar - I'm not sure if you played a large race before or not, but I remember at level 6 being able to bash for 5-6 damage as a troll shadow knight so I really think there is an issue here (until proven otherwise).

You are a paladin so I imagine you must be able to 2h bash from some kind of AA - I am not familiar with that, just the low end of the game.

Ektar
08-28-2011, 08:22 PM
fiery avenger/defender allow you to 2h bash. So I can't say from low level, obviously - I started at 50. But I believe this just, basically, grants the ability to slam. If anyone with better evidence wants to chime in it'd be great, but just giving what I can. And, of course, the usual 'I like to hear myself talk.'

Snaggles
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Bash and slam are totally different caps. Sk's at least cap at 1 pt of slam and way more with bash.

That means it does the same thing but using a shield (and bash) you hit for like 10 times more at 60. Slam still interupts and stuns from behind tho. It's a major perk for large races because they don't need a shield or inny's curse for casters.

Keep it on your bar. It can save your life.

raptorak
08-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Once you train Bash from a trainer, the Slam on a warrior or shadow knight should do more damage, similar to the damage with a shield. I'm not just saying this, this is how it always used to be and it has changed in p1999 - and so the way it is now is "not classic", and also sucks.

Estu
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Once you train Bash from a trainer, the Slam on a warrior or shadow knight should do more damage, similar to the damage with a shield. I'm not just saying this, this is how it always used to be and it has changed in p1999 - and so the way it is now is "not classic", and also sucks.

You can do one of two things here. You can whine about it in server chat and accomplish nothing, or you can find evidence that you're NOT just making it up and post it as a bug report to get it fixed. A lot of the time people insist "this is always how it used to be and it has changed in p1999" they are just misremembering or thinking of a later expansion. Hearing people complain about "bugs" that they're either just straight-up wrong about or just too lazy to find evidence for and submit bug reports for is tiresome.

raptorak
08-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeh well I thought more people would have seen this problem and agree. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=75 is the only thread that I can find with some "evidence" but it is too new, unfortunately.

Messianic
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Yeh well I thought more people would have seen this problem and agree. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=75 is the only thread that I can find with some "evidence" but it is too new, unfortunately.

Honestly, our agreement is worthless for your purposes.

The only currency accepted here is a new thread in the bug forums with good evidence - not what you googled in 5 minutes.