PDA

View Full Version : Gloomwater Harpoon and Totemic

porigromus
08-28-2011, 11:15 PM
I am trying to prepare my shaman for solo and I am trying to purchase some rather inexpensive items to do so. Is Gloomwater Harpoon and Totemic now replaced by any less expensive Kunark items?

I am not look for the best, only some decent AC to take a hit and a decent weapon. What items should I be looking for in EC tunnel?

Crug
08-28-2011, 11:33 PM
weapon wise, just get yourself cold iron morningstar for low levels, then when you go full caster swap it out for something with some wis or mana on it.

Totemic is pretty meh overall, if you make a barbarian there are some nice sebilite scale pieces that will work well.

username17
08-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Barbarian's can't use sebilite scale.

porigromus
08-29-2011, 01:31 AM
weapon wise, just get yourself cold iron morningstar for low levels, then when you go full caster swap it out for something with some wis or mana on it.

Totemic is pretty meh overall, if you make a barbarian there are some nice sebilite scale pieces that will work well.

I want to go AC > HP to melee when soloing

vageta31
08-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I am trying to prepare my shaman for solo and I am trying to purchase some rather inexpensive items to do so. Is Gloomwater Harpoon and Totemic now replaced by any less expensive Kunark items?

I am not look for the best, only some decent AC to take a hit and a decent weapon. What items should I be looking for in EC tunnel?

It wasn't clear from your post, but is this from level 1 or are you already playing and wanting to begin soloing instead of grouping? Also it all depends on your budget.

Basically if you're low level still then you can't beat mana/hp/ac items. Wis is nice at higher levels, but unless it's a really high wisdom piece you will usually get more mana from a +mana item until levels 35-40 and up.

If you want to truly solo and haven't rolled yet, roll an Ogre and never look back. If looks are important than play what you want, if ability is important than no frontal stun > more mana and regen.

Some simple items to use.

Platinum skull ring: mana and hps
Glowing bone collar: best collar you can possibly get for the price at low levels
Golden jaded bracelets: Good at low levels but run out of steam midway through. At least they're cheap
Gatorscale leggings: HP
Embroidered Black cloak/arms: Mana/hp

Just a few to get you started and most are pretty cheap. For weapons I'd suggest going with a big 2h if you want to engage in melee (what ogre shaman wouldn't?!).

Also AC will only get you so far and most of the time you will do far better by boosting your hps and using your AC buffs. A lot of hp gear also has AC anyways so you can get both at the same time. When you get higher level look into hooded black cloak, platinum tiara or best idea yet. Go to Karnor's Castle and hang out and wait for Jarsath items to drop. They're no drop, probably rot most of the time and are huge upgrades to a lot of old world items. The gloves and leggings especially are very nice for Shaman.

Nataz
08-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Get adamantite band, I remember I were able to get two, one for 50pp and one for 75pp. That's a total of 150hp which makes a huge diff, the lost MR is easily worth it a lower level. Also get the ikky gloves from WW, often lootable for free by goblin earring campers.

Also I think you are totally right about the AC, it really makes a difference when soloing/meleeing - use the AC buff too and you'll take a lot less dmg. HP is nice but losing it because of too little AC = wasted mana (especially from lvl 24)

Another nice solo trick I've used is getting a big 2hb - root/dot the mob and then med-tick/hit the mob. :)

1) Sit down take a med tick
2) Stand up hit the mob
3) Back off and sit down - Repeate.
(this can also be done when duoing, no root needed then)

Works like a charm and helps you keep hp and mana up and kills mob faster.

Crug
08-29-2011, 04:21 AM
Barbarian's can't use sebilite scale.

my mistake I thought it was just none-large races only (Barb's can wear medium right?).

mokfarg
08-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Get adamantite band, I remember I were able to get two, one for 50pp and one for 75pp. That's a total of 150hp which makes a huge diff, the lost MR is easily worth it a lower level. Also get the ikky gloves from WW, often lootable for free by goblin earring campers.

Also I think you are totally right about the AC, it really makes a difference when soloing/meleeing - use the AC buff too and you'll take a lot less dmg. HP is nice but losing it because of too little AC = wasted mana (especially from lvl 24)

Another nice solo trick I've used is getting a big 2hb - root/dot the mob and then med-tick/hit the mob. :)

1) Sit down take a med tick
2) Stand up hit the mob
3) Back off and sit down - Repeate.
(this can also be done when duoing, no root needed then)

Works like a charm and helps you keep hp and mana up and kills mob faster.

Any suggestions on a rather inexpensive 2hdr? This will be helpful for me too. Thanks! Where is WW by the way?