PDA

View Full Version : Old EQ player returning...

Kyrus
08-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Wow, first of all a big thank you to everyone involved in getting this up and running. I have been feeling the mmorpg itch again, but none have ever held my interest like classic EQ. I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Up to this point I've only installed the game and checked to make sure everything works. I'm now at the point of deciding which class to play. I had a 50 warrior and a 60 cleric back in the day, and am not interested in playing either of those again. I'm thinking necro/ench/shaman. The problem I have with necro is that, if my memory is correct, the evil faction thing is a bit of a pain in the butt to start out. I've never played an enchanter, although I've done some CC on other games. As for shamans, the race I would want to play has the same issue as nec...I don't expect anyone to make my decision for me, but it's always interesting to hear more experienced opinions since I'm sure I've forgotten alot in the past 10 years.

SwordNboard
08-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Just play what you want and have a great time.

Tumdumm
08-29-2011, 12:39 AM
also a warrior/cleric on live; started as a cleric here then dropped for warrior
buut I just made a necro the other night and i love it!

not sure if that helped but feel free to send a tell if you need any help, im tryin to grind out levels all night

Kyrus
08-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Well that's just it, I see the appeal of all 3 hah...I'm just curious if one of the 3 is lacking in the community as a whole? It's always fun to be needed in groups and make some game buddies that way. I know necs often go the solo route, and it's good to have that option, but it's nice to be wanted in a group as well.

Edit: Thanks for the offer Tumdumm...I'm actually at work though at the moment (living and working in South Korea) so I won't be on for about 4-5 hours... This could have an effect on my class choice though. If server population is low during these times, maybe necro is the way to go...

Tumdumm
08-29-2011, 12:43 AM
any of the 3 you mentioned probably could get a group, last i heard any of the 3 could also solo & solo exp seems pretty sweet so /shrug
i dont know anything about grouping past solb here

Kyrus
08-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Ok then, I guess I'll just see what mood strikes me once I'm home tonight. I just thought there might be something obvious that I was overlooking, but thanks for taking the time to respond.