PDA

View Full Version : To the people like me who got suspended

Thebeast
08-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Join me on Flippy, 2 weeks free, then we can come back!

Hagglebaron
08-29-2011, 03:52 AM
Hacker exodus to Fippy

Harrison
08-29-2011, 03:54 AM
Server is, and always was, loaded with them anyways. They'll fit right in.

Ask Salty how Combine was. We all know he never used a third party program, ever rofl

Complete and utter lack of staff on Live now, and outsourced CSR.

Excellio
08-29-2011, 08:06 PM
What is Flippy?

Ennoia
08-29-2011, 08:41 PM
What is Flippy?

Flippy Darkpaw is SOE's attempt at a classic progression server...but they were too lazy to make it legit classic, so it's just a timelock progression server with all of their new bullshit zones and everything implemented.

Excellio
08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Flippy Darkpaw is SOE's attempt at a classic progression server...but they were too lazy to make it legit classic, so it's just a timelock progression server with all of their new bullshit zones and everything implemented.

... SoE named one of their servers "Flippy"? You're saying if I tried to play Live, there would be a server named "Flippy" that I could select? Someone at SoE actually made the decision to go with that name? I wonder what other names were on the list of possible names for the new server.

I shouldn't be too surprised. I mean, someone at SoE decided to release an expansion that centered around cat-people living on the moon. Probably the same guy who named the server "Flippy". Maybe he has a cat named Flippy Darkpaw or something.

SoE needs to fire that guy.

Seaweedpimp
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM

Permaban pls lol

Zasc
08-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Its fippy, as in fippy darkpaw... that famous gnoll.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=3579

RandySlopeJr
08-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Permaban pls lol

More like Disband TMO for hacking P1999

Excellio
08-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Still doesn't sound as cool as a name like Prexus or Rallos Zek. I figured that it was named for a character in the game, but you know, Puntar Sandfisher is pretty famous too, and he doesn't get his own server.

Roanoke
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
... SoE named one of their servers "Flippy"? You're saying if I tried to play Live, there would be a server named "Flippy" that I could select? Someone at SoE actually made the decision to go with that name? I wonder what other names were on the list of possible names for the new server.

I shouldn't be too surprised. I mean, someone at SoE decided to release an expansion that centered around cat-people living on the moon. Probably the same guy who named the server "Flippy". Maybe he has a cat named Flippy Darkpaw or something.

SoE needs to fire that guy.

It's FIPPY DARKPAW. Classic EQ lore. Most people just can't read/spell/use their brain.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=3579

Excellio
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh, it's "Fippy"? Well, that makes more sense. I mean, a name like "Flippy" would sound silly.

Roanoke
08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Because Fippy isn't silly?

Excellio
08-29-2011, 09:11 PM
That's the point I was trying to make. Whether it's "Fippy" or "Flippy", it's still pretty goofy sounding. They may as well have made a "Canloe Nusback" server, or a "Altunic Jartin" server.

Daldaen
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HAEq1F0kX8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HAEq1F0kX8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I think you'll fit in nicely.

mimixownzall
08-29-2011, 11:10 PM
That's the point I was trying to make. Whether it's "Fippy" or "Flippy", it's still pretty goofy sounding. They may as well have made a "Canloe Nusback" server, or a "Altunic Jartin" server.

You're really putting WAAAAAAAAAYYY too much thought into this.

BTW, it was voted on by the player base, so you are in the minority in disliking the server name.

bakkily
08-30-2011, 05:07 AM
i understand fippy had velious out, but is horrid, friends of mine playing there trying to suck me in, nope here to stick with the original actual classic eq

visage
08-30-2011, 06:08 AM
Server is, and always was, loaded with them anyways. They'll fit right in.

Ask Salty how Combine was. We all know he never used a third party program, ever rofl

Complete and utter lack of staff on Live now, and outsourced CSR.

See rants and flames p99 celeb death match SALTY VERSUS HARRISON , and the outcome is relevant.