PDA

View Full Version : Love to help out!

WizardEQ
08-29-2011, 06:43 PM
How many of you love, love, love! to help others out on P99? Put it on a scale of 1 to 10.

It's my nature, so I vote 10.

Vohl
08-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I'd rate myself an 8. I enjoy it, but I need some Me time as well.

Kope
08-29-2011, 06:50 PM
I'd probaby rate myself a 6, but it honestly all depends.

If I'm running to EC and see a group of low geared individuals (probably a group of friends new to the server) I'll give the casters crack and the melee augment.

If There are people exping around my group (i pretty much always group) I'll give them c randomly sometimes, always if they ask for it nicely.

The thing I can't stand is when someone expects C and calls me a selfish SOB for not running across the zone (and leaving the spawn i'm camping) to do it :(.

beentheredonethat
08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
probably an 8 for me. I do need some me time once in a while. otherwise it's fun.

it's a harsh world otherwise out there.

Excellio
08-29-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm definitely a 10. During a recent xp bonus session, rather than xping my character and taking advantage of the bonus, I PL'd a bunch of lower-than-lvl-10's the whole time I was on. When I get a few hundred plat (which usually takes me a while since I don't know how to make money), I usually buy a full set of bronze or a Blade of Xalgoz or something, and then I go to the lowbie zones looking for a player than can use it and is not twinked.

On Live, I started a DE Mage in November, 2000. After several years of playing this character regularly (a few times a week), I was only lvl 41, and that was the highest lvl I reached, because I spent most of my time online helping low lvls out. Honestly, I find that to be more fun than quad-kiting stuff that keeps resisting everything I cast on it.

Rainflush
08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Perhaps a 3 or so, I enjoy helping out certain kinds of characters, namely trolls, ogres, unusual race/class combinations, or characters with names that I like. On the other hand, I will ignore players with stupid names or especially bad grammar, as I am annoyed by those things in particular.

Excellio
08-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Perhaps a 3 or so, I enjoy helping out certain kinds of characters, namely trolls, ogres, unusual race/class combinations, or characters with names that I like. On the other hand, I will ignore players with stupid names or especially bad grammar, as I am annoyed by those things in particular.

Agreed on the grammar issue, and also spelling for me. If someone is RPing as an ogre and asks for a SoW in phonetic ogre-speak, that's cool, and I actually enjoy and I'll try to RP back (even though I don't really know what a Wood Elf would sound like as opposed to a human). But if someone sends me a tell that reads:

"hay can u plzzzzz buf me or give me a sord im only lv4 an i dont hav any good wepon or anythng yet"

That person is not going to get any assistance from me, aside from my recommendation to resume and complete 3rd grade before operating a computer.

SyanideGas
08-29-2011, 08:40 PM
bout a 7 or 8, since im still kinda low level :)

Rainflush
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Agreed on the grammar issue, and also spelling for me. If someone is RPing as an ogre and asks for a SoW in phonetic ogre-speak, that's cool, and I actually enjoy and I'll try to RP back (even though I don't really know what a Wood Elf would sound like as opposed to a human). But if someone sends me a tell that reads:

"hay can u plzzzzz buf me or give me a sord im only lv4 an i dont hav any good wepon or anythng yet"

That person is not going to get any assistance from me, aside from my recommendation to resume and complete 3rd grade before operating a computer.

Yeah, the ogre/troll-speak is different, and I actually find it somewhat amusing.

jballe3
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
i've given many items away, donated plat, bought stuff for people, held events in Gfay for the lowbies, i'd say i'm a 10, a mufuggin 10

Runningfish
08-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I'll say a 7. I'll give away cheaper items (CoM randoms ect) and help people when they need it but I'm not doing 10k plat giveaways or anything. I do get satisfaction out of helping people in EQ though.

Daldaen
08-29-2011, 11:34 PM
To people using /anon or /roleplay a 1. To others around an 8 or so.

nocookiesforme
08-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I'd like to nominate both Korin (I think that was his name) and Skarry (that one too) as 10s, based on my experiences with them. They gave me stuff and asked for nothing in return, but here's how I'll pay them back... by exposing them to extremely minor internet fame!

Dirtnap
08-30-2011, 01:38 AM
10, I love helping people, and i wish my Ranger was higher level so i could PL people. I would run around PLing people all the time while LFG.

Crug
08-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Whenever it is convenient for me, I mean my main is only a 21 rogue, so not like I can toss buffs or anything, but like if I replace a piece of gear I usually toss my old piece to someone else.

Hand em downs are about as much as I can do lol =P

Motec
08-30-2011, 05:05 AM
I give newbs modrods, pretend to rez them whilst healing their corpse and make them relog dozens of times over...etc etc.

For every 10 newbs I see, 9.6 of them will join TMO and be zerging gore from level 35 so it's in my interest to drive them away you see.

mala
08-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Id have to say 9, even though i wish it was less at times lol. I had a guildie during my brief stay in Lifealert that decided to get on a lvl 1 char and run me for a loop. Me thinking hes a noob I sat there directing him through everything from "Q" for auto attack to explaining group roles, etc. After 20-30minutes of watching him attack gaurds, jump instead of attack, etc, he finally told me he was yanking my chain =P

Extunarian
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I always stop and help. My 'travel' spellset that I use when going from place to place has Talisman/Regen/Sow on it just so I can cast it on whoever I run by.

Kevlar
08-30-2011, 12:40 PM
i spend a lot of time going to lowbie zones and charming and buffing the poor kodiaks and griffawns with haste and spirit of wolf. sometimes a cheap proc'ing weapon.

Zereh
08-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I have this serious compulsion ... I have to stop and cast on practically every newbie I run by. Ask anyone who's traveled with me.

Aadill
08-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I have this serious compulsion ... I have to stop and cast on practically every newbie I run by. Ask anyone who's traveled with me.

I came here to say that I never travel with Zereh.

Most likely because I'm also casting on everyone I see.

Zereh
08-30-2011, 01:38 PM
hehe <3 Pickles

Knuckle
08-30-2011, 01:44 PM

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
08-30-2011, 02:57 PM
10! Whenever I find neat little trinkets my first thoughts are always, "This would make a new player really happy!"

In my guild I'm notorious for being kinda late for things, because I resurrect every corpse I see on the way to wherever I'm going~

fishingme
08-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Id say I'm an 8. If my druid is full mana, I'll drop all the buffs I can on melee until my mana runs out, then I'll smoke a couple of bowls while medding, buff more of them up until im oom. Then I'll go out for a cigarette, come back with full mana, sow myself, rebuff thorns and anyone who I missed and head out on my way

Maurk
08-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Zereh randomly helps young paladins get their soulfires too

Davardo
08-31-2011, 01:51 AM
I can't put a number on it. I help people when I can, run across zones to SoW, go bind someone, all kinds of stuff. Being my highest level is only 21 I can't really give stuff out.

I spent the day today helping people do stuff and not actually getting anything done for myself.

EDIT: Hell, I'm only 21 cause I help out more than I do anything for myself.