PDA

View Full Version : Will This Server Ever Have Original Values?

Draulius
08-30-2011, 06:46 AM
I don't know if this is possible possible or not, but will this server ever have original values from the retail game? Such as for damage, resists, drop rates, etc. The closer the server is to classic the better 'classic' experience we'll have.

For example, I find myself often looting items that were actually rare in the retail version of the game. Is this intentional?

soup
08-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Errr, that's kind of the entire point of the server lol. Trying to get everything as close to original as possible.

What exactly is it you think is off? It's incredibly common for people to think something is off, but rather it's just their memory not being 100% accurate.

Lagaidh
08-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Soup is right. Also, the staff is always receptive if you can give them some data. If you feel something isn't classic, and you can show your work, they'll be glad to take your contribution to making the server as classic as possible.

In a lot of cases, this is just hard. Concrete info prior to 2002 is the hardest to come by regarding EverQuest. This is one of the things that makes me marvel at how faithful this server already is to what I can remember.

Ah! I see my wistful nostalgia that is tangible in my hands has reminded me that it's once again time to donate.