PDA

View Full Version : Druids on raids?

visage
09-01-2011, 04:51 AM
What are the roles of druids on your raids , besides track bots and port bots?

soup
09-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Loot druid gear? :confused:

Kevlar
09-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Dps that can heal offtanks and occasionally provide cc with root or ensnare?

Deadmantis
09-01-2011, 05:31 AM
Not sure how they affect raids on P99, but my druid on live was usually in the 3rd or 4th group with the casters and the occasional offtank. With my job keeping them buffed, healed, and things of that nature.

Tasslehofp99
09-01-2011, 06:52 AM
in certain situations druids can provide dps, for example in chardok, plane of hate, and plane of fear there are animals that can be charmed, a hasted pet from these areas can do 50+ dps. not to mention we can buff, heal, and mobilize the raid

bakkily
09-01-2011, 06:56 AM
shamans are better =}

visage
09-01-2011, 07:27 AM
So would you take a druid over a shaman?

azeth
09-01-2011, 07:45 AM

naw, we used snare to slow Idol of rz back in the day. :\

Kevlar
09-01-2011, 07:50 AM
enchanters do the slowing. snare was for kiting off the healer adds.

Daldaen
09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I've raided on live as a Druid from about PoP til now (and I still do). That being said, from kunark to PoP, Druids got quite a few upgrades that changed our raid roles.

During classic/kunark/velious. Tracking, mobilizing with group sow and ports, group regen, spot healing dps if low on shamans, or spot healing tanks if needed plus curing. CC with AOE snare/root and charm depending on location, DPS if AE damage isn't heavy enough to warrant spot healing. During velious we pick up fixation of ro and so begins the Druid role of atk/ac debuffing.

Group regen / resist fire and cold are pretty huge during classic raiding. Ability to kite mobs as cc in open Zones is also very handy. And of course heals/DPS. Good Druids should be able to do all of those in a pinch.

Appollo
09-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I've raided on live as a Druid from about PoP til now (and I still do). That being said, from kunark to PoP, Druids got quite a few upgrades that changed our raid roles.

During classic/kunark/velious. Tracking, mobilizing with group sow and ports, group regen, spot healing dps if low on shamans, or spot healing tanks if needed plus curing. CC with AOE snare/root and charm depending on location, DPS if AE damage isn't heavy enough to warrant spot healing. During velious we pick up fixation of ro and so begins the Druid role of atk/ac debuffing.

Group regen / resist fire and cold are pretty huge during classic raiding. Ability to kite mobs as cc in open Zones is also very handy. And of course heals/DPS. Good Druids should be able to do all of those in a pinch.

That is a nice summation of our role on raids. I would add that pulling is another facet to which we can be handy. However, it is limited in Kunark as most high tier guilds do not raid Hate / Fear as often as they would have in classic. Nevertheless, Druids are solid pullers in both planes.

As per your question about taking a Shaman over a Druid, it depends. For buffs, it depends on the mob, but most likely a Shaman as they have a much wider variety of buffs to distribute. For debuffs obviously a Shaman. For DPS it depends on the situation. For healing it depends on the situation, but I'd say they are each farily comparable. However, a Shaman can more readily regain mana and therefore have a wider pool with which to heal.

Nirgon
09-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Circle of summer/winter, skin line buffs, group wolf, helping with raid heals, snaring mezzed mobs, nuking if full mana. They also pack a fire debuff (ice). If you know the class, have raid experience and read the spells... you should see what's good.

Dr4z3r
09-01-2011, 02:50 PM

False dichotomy: In EQ you can take both! :)