PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Sense Heading

AimAce
09-03-2011, 04:12 AM
I was reading some older posts, and I just wanted to confirm here;

Does sense heading *require* a skill point to be put in to level? Is it an ABSOLUTE necessity? Thanks for answering.

Zereh
09-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Yes, it is true!

I forgot to do that on my wood elf ranger and ended up getting ported to EC right after making her. I had zero skill-ups in Sense Heading until I went back to Kelethin at level 9 to get spells and was able to spend a training point for it. :mad:

Messianic
09-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't need a point in it to get a skill up...It's just the first 25 or so points in it take a lot longer to get than 25-200 or so (in my experience).

But instead of arguing, i'll just make a level 1 sometime tonight and get the skillup without doing so.

Cippofra
09-03-2011, 10:15 AM
It does not require a skill up. Just trillions of button smashes.

jballe3
09-03-2011, 10:17 AM
bind it to one of your left or right movement keys too.... that helps raise it fast

Vondra
09-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I can't claim that it definitely won't go up on its own, but this is exactly what I tried this last go around and after playing for several hours with my movement keys bound to sense heading and getting nothing...I gave in and just put a point in sense heading.

Kevlar
09-03-2011, 10:47 AM
It takes a long time to get a skillup when you have no skill in it, but it will raise.

Arrisard
09-03-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't even try to bother anymore. The 0-1 can take several hours, where if I train it I can have it halfway (or better) to cap in the the same amount of time.

AimAce
09-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Yea I'm kinda anal with *not ever spending skill points that I don't need to use*. Thanks a lot for the information guys, appreciate it.

Paredize
09-03-2011, 02:44 PM
The way to lvl sense heading is to allocate it to one of your movement keys...gains you 200 in not time.

Edit : or to all your movement keys for that matter.

AimAce
09-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes, I realize that Peredize, thank you though.

My question is regarding whether or not Sense Heading levels up by itself *without a point put into it* or whether or not it is like Make Poison or Lockpick etc~

Koa Bosk
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I have always just put one point in sense heading. I have tried it without the point, I have tried for hours and it never went from 0-1 on it's own. Once i put that one point in at the guild masters it goes up about 1 point every minute or so. Just save yourself the headache and hours of pushing a button with no effect and put in the one measly point right off the bat.

Vermicelli
09-03-2011, 06:14 PM
For Sense Heading, I usually train to about skill level 20 at my guild leader, coz what else am I gonna do with skill training that is just going to accumulate? You get SO many extra points by the time you hit even L40 that it's ridiculous.

I also make a button macro that I call HeadMe, which looks like

/pause 20, /doability 1
/pause 20, /doability 1
/pause 20, /doability 1
/pause 20, /doability 1
/pause 20, /doability 1

in which ability 1 is set to Sense Heading. This will use Sense Heading for you 5 times in succession, which may be necessary at low skill levels because of failing constantly.

skulldudes
09-03-2011, 06:30 PM
i would swear that you *need* to put a point into SH for it to go anywhere, based off of my experiences with it. i'm talking an 8+ hour play session on a new character, key bound immediately after creation.

either way, it's retarded not to.