PDA

View Full Version : shaman melee skills

bakkily
09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
just wondering, i understand that arcane casters cant get their 1hb/piercing skill maxed, or so ive heard

for shamans, are tcapped in 1hb/piercing as well? i was just helping some lowbies, and was just piercing things with my spear for the hell of it, seeing i do 24-30 dmg, just wondering if there is a cap for melee skills on the shaman class

greatdane
09-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Shaman weapon skills cap at 200 and, I think, at ([level]x4)+4 unlike melee classes who get ([level]x5)+5 as their level-based cap.

Skope
09-09-2011, 09:00 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Shaman

200 for all melee skills except dodge and hand-to-hand which are capped at 75.

You won't be doing much melee dmg regardless of how much str/haste you've got, but there are some decent 1-handers and 2-handers with nice procs. rune etched icewurm fang (velious), barb hammer (barb only), blight hammer, howling harpoon and probably more i can't remember...

vageta31
09-09-2011, 09:20 AM
The trick about shaman melee is that you may not do that much damage yourself, but tanking allows your dog to give his full dps without taking damage. Also with haste and a proc'ing weapon you can stun/dot/etc.. during the battle which would be wasted if you didn't melee.

You have your health bar, your mana bar and your dog health's bar as your resources. Using this method of fighting you can tap into all 3 depending on the situation. If your health gets low you can root and step back and let dog tank a bit until he's hurt, then step back in, etc...

bakkily
09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
oh yea vag, i tank sometimes while my wolf does what dps he provides, solo wise, and group wise im great on a shaman, though i do get jealous when i see a lvl 30 ogre decked out in 400k of plat gear, easily slaughtering humans in hhk, or other shamans that melee mobs to death so easily....makes me so jealous

im just hoping this last few hurdles in school, and work, ect is all done within a month, so i can fully return back to everquest, get 60 and finally do some raiding

Supaskillz
09-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Hammer time!

Extunarian
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
JBB + barb hammer + dex buffs (or avatar) makes for some good meleeing. Though you're an iksar so....

I actually had a lot of fun with chanter haste, high STR, and a granite face grinder.

bakkily
09-10-2011, 12:58 AM
i am more of a fan of a barb shaman, but to relvl a new char to 50, dont think i want to, but the iksar isnt bad either, but yea the iksar is fucked badly being a shaman, not a whole lot of gear out there, though jarsath isnt bad

last week i bought myself some gebs, and found out after trying to put them on, its not iksar usable, lol so now i gotta resell them

ilyaz
09-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Rusty hammer all the way!

bakkily
09-13-2011, 06:09 AM
yea i finally realized, all the info i needed was on project 1999 wiki when i was looking stuff on there, i clicked on shaman and saw all the skill caps

Peatree
09-13-2011, 02:04 PM
just wondering, i understand that arcane casters cant get their 1hb/piercing skill maxed, or so ive heard

for shamans, are tcapped in 1hb/piercing as well? i was just helping some lowbies, and was just piercing things with my spear for the hell of it, seeing i do 24-30 dmg, just wondering if there is a cap for melee skills on the shaman class

Loved my shammy...miss her so. I might just have to reroll her. Loved 1hb proc'ing hammer I had. And the epic spear was awesome too. So max out both to be sure!