PDA

View Full Version : Ranger or Rogue

SwordNboard
09-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Which should I roll as an alt? I want a dual wielding class that's not a monk. So, do I go full melee and raw dps, or go for the utility?

Oh, decisions! :confused:

Tarathiel
09-10-2011, 04:27 PM
if u want everyone to love you play a rogue, if you want everyone to hate you play a ranger =P nah jk tho i love rangers, play what you want man both classes are fun. my vote goes to rogue tho =D

fuark
09-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I have a ranger and a rogue as my two alts.

When I'm playing my ranger half the time I wish I was on my rogue for the awesome damage.

When I'm playing my rogue half the time I wish I was on my ranger so that I could troll/cast spells/do things other than BS.

I ended up playing my ranger as my main alt just because I have more fun on him.

Roanoke
09-10-2011, 05:01 PM
It's all about play style. Rogues are fun because you'll see big numbers for backstabs but Rangers have a lot more survivability via spells etc.

Also, Rangers get a exp penalty for being hybrids so keep that in mind.

Seaweedpimp
09-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Ranger

Snaggles
09-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Rogues are a tungsten carbide drill bit, Rangers are a multi-tool.

Even without an epic a moderately geared rogue will do easily 20%ish more dps than a ranger/warrior. With an epic (easy as Hell to get) they run away without trying.

The utility that hybrids provide is imense though. That and considerably easier solo exp for your anti-social days. I'm rolling one for sow and track alone :).