PDA

View Full Version : Greenmist

Arentz Baboonheart
09-10-2011, 07:18 PM
is the armor or the sword quest in game yet?

Snaggles
09-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I thought it was launched within the P99 timeframe but multiple people in EC corrected me that it was post Velious.

Shame, the Greenmist was a pretty sick weapon and terribly easier than the IC.

Arentz Baboonheart
09-11-2011, 03:28 AM
so the weapon was velious. does the armor drop in PoF?

Cujoy
09-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the greenmist and the cudgel quests were in before Velious released. Don't quote me on that but I thought my ikky SK finished it right around when Velious launched.

Herpa Derp
09-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Greenmist, the sword that has bane damage to shissar on it?

*cough*

Gibcarver
09-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I knew a SK that had greenmist long before luclin. It was always a big mystery what the hell ssar bane damage did. People speculated random crap like it did extra damage to VS because his name is mentioned in the same stories as the ssra.

Daldaen
09-12-2011, 12:43 AM
I could've sworn they stated somewhere that the quests were designed and set up pre-GoD, its just they found them during GoD (the Necro skullcap and shaman cudgel specifically), then they implemented.

But Greenmist was implemented earlier than the necro/shaman ones.

happyhappy
10-16-2011, 01:10 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20011211191121/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7029

Quest solved on November 15 2001, implemented on October 23.

October 23rd, 3:00 am
------------------------------

*Patch Day*

This patch primarily addresses item fixes in regard to the Chardok revamp, as well as some minor other quest and item fixes. There's also been some talk of something called the Green Mist.

- The EverQuest Team

Juugox2
10-16-2011, 01:40 AM
if you knew the lore about shissar and iksar you would know why it has shissar dmg :P and yes it was before luclin was around velious release or close to it

Nyrod
10-16-2011, 02:21 AM
if you knew the lore about shissar and iksar you would know why it has shissar dmg :P and yes it was before luclin was around velious release or close to it

velious was released dec 5th 2000

october 23rd 2001 is a bit farther away than that :P

you must be thinking about luclin release dec 4th 2001

Mardur
10-16-2011, 02:38 AM
I knew a SK that had greenmist long before luclin. It was always a big mystery what the hell ssar bane damage did. People speculated random crap like it did extra damage to VS because his name is mentioned in the same stories as the ssra.

And I know a poster who's full of bullshit.

Bane Damage didn't exist before Luclin. At the very least it existed 2 months prior to Luclin when they added the Greenmist quest. Not sure if the Shissar Bane Damage was tacked on later like they did with the Gnoll Slayer. They may have just had the code ready with Luclin and the Greenmist was the first weapon with it.

Arentz Baboonheart
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
damnit i want to get it now!

Palemoon
10-16-2011, 01:21 PM
So if the greenmist was discovered before Luclin's launch, is it safe to say that "one day" greenmist will be on P99?

I did the greenmist on a erudite on Al'kabor, was fun and by far the sexiest toon i've ever created. (put full erudite cazic cultural armor on him too, for the dark yellow head to toe effect)

Zapatos
10-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Unless they're all /role, I haven't seen many other people trying to level IKSAR shadowknights. Is this some hint that the greenmist won't be iksar only as was classic? The only other thing I can think of this that players are waiting for when hybrid exp penalties get removed in velious to make their SKs?

Palemoon
10-16-2011, 01:35 PM
The only other thing I can think of this that players are waiting for when hybrid exp penalties get removed in velious to make their SKs?

You know, I asked this in another thread but never got an answer. Has it been stated that the various class penalties are going to be removed on p99 at some point?

I don't care either way, but if I know they are going away in velious that might influence what I pick as a "main" toon when the red server opens.

So is it in the cards to remove the class penalties in Velious? I'd really like to know.

Arentz Baboonheart
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
greenmist aint iksar only.
and right now im playing my 28 iks SK grouped with a 29 iks SK

Zapatos
10-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Edit: totally forgot there was already a more direct link on the first page showing the original entry on alla for it. So that answers that.

Mardur
10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
greenmist aint iksar only.

http://i53.tinypic.com/wkhdfp.jpg

Earliest entry: December 11, 2001. 1 week after Luclin release.

Greenmist will always be Iksar-only on this server, if it becomes available. But we're talking at least a year or two from now.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020124165852/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/listitem.html?invslot=1hs

still Iksar-only on January 24, 2002

Vasilyevich
10-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Boo internet archives, Greenmist for all SK!

Mardur
10-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Oops guess you can't link directly from archive.

Nedala
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
From what i remember greenmist was even before velious release? But im absolutely not sure about it. The guy who had the worlds first greenmist was in my guild tho. Name was Dignitas, but sadly i've lost all contact to him. Im trying to get his email adress on our old guildboard to ask him when he completed it. It was definitely IKS SK only.

happyhappy
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/wkhdfp.jpg

Earliest entry: December 11, 2001. 1 week after Luclin release.

Greenmist will always be Iksar-only on this server, if it becomes available. But we're talking at least a year or two from now.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020124165852/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/listitem.html?invslot=1hs

still Iksar-only on January 24, 2002

False, read first page of this thread!

anyway, if you read the link you posted, theres this nifty little line in the item description:

Last updated: Thu Nov 15 16:37:53 2001

also, news archive from alla: http://web.archive.org/web/20011129215936/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/ scroll down do November 15, date of the initial entry after the quest got solved, October 23 patch introduced the quest according to patchnotes.

Mardur
10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Please learn to read, it may assist you in your quest for a GED.

My post had nothing to do with when the weapon was introduced. I completely agree that the item was introduced in the October 23rd patch.

I was referencing that the earliest archived image of the weapon was on December 11th 2001 and showed that it was Iksar only. My post was obviously only regarding the Iksar-only nature of the weapon.

November 15th was when Allakhazam listed the weapon, December 11th was when an image was added (for evidence of Race restrictions).

happyhappy
10-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Please learn to read, it may assist you in your quest for a GED.

My post had nothing to do with when the weapon was introduced. I completely agree that the item was introduced in the October 23rd patch.

I was referencing that the earliest archived image of the weapon was on December 11th 2001 and showed that it was Iksar only. My post was obviously only regarding the Iksar-only nature of the weapon.

November 15th was when Allakhazam listed the weapon, December 11th was when an image was added (for evidence of Race restrictions).

derp derp, you are correct, on both counts, I really do need to learn proper reading comprehension, I am working on it, I'll try my best to do better next time, my mother never loved me, sorry!

Arentz Baboonheart
10-17-2011, 01:58 PM
how about the iksar planar armor? any one know when that was introduced?

citizen1080
10-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Planar revamp for epics iirc

Brinkman
11-16-2011, 12:37 AM
The problem with the whole Greenmist quest chain... It was always supposed to be in the game from the get go, but the quest was broken at a certain point... The quest was broken at "a matter of betrayal" for a while... By the time the issues were fixed, Sony had released Vellius etc...

As such when Sony had finally gotten around to doing the rest of the quest chain from where it was broken, Luclin was due to release, so they quickly put a bandage on the last part of the Greenmist quest... If we can do up to the Lord of Pain (#7) I would be grateful. While it wont be a super weapon, it would be on par with most gear.

I find this statment interesting, as the shaman, necro and monk quest were pretty much all stopped before the " final quest" at the same point. which is the 6th quest. Are you saying that all 4 were broken? what about the 5th one, the warrior pike, it was only up to like the 3rd quest until like luclin ( guess ). They were not broke, they were unfinished. which means they shouldnt be in until they completed the quest line.

Lavahorn
11-16-2011, 12:53 AM
This is not Neverquest. Why don't the devs of this server have a meeting, discuss what they will and will not do. I want to know if quests like this are going to be in place and to be honest i'd like to know soon. Elderscrolls 5 is for sale down the street.

Tumdumm
11-16-2011, 01:19 AM
This is not Neverquest. Why don't the devs of this server have a meeting, discuss what they will and will not do. I want to know if quests like this are going to be in place and to be honest i'd like to know soon. Elderscrolls 5 is for sale down the street.

lol

Jjlent
11-16-2011, 02:23 AM

dude u need to chill out. velious won't be out for at least like 1.5-2years so y do u need to know soon? and you also know to realize nilbog/rogean don't need to tell you anything. just play and enjoy the server