PDA

View Full Version : Manastone and the Hole

HeallunRumblebelly
09-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Is it usable in the hole? I mean, it is old world and not planar...

And does anyone have any info on whether or not it worked in classic?
~
Thanks

Auvdar
09-11-2011, 01:10 AM
It works in the hole yes. Not sure if it's supposed to or not however.

Mardur
09-11-2011, 01:10 AM
I thought I remember manastone not working in The Hole, but I could be wrong.

HeallunRumblebelly
09-11-2011, 01:19 AM
It works in the hole yes. Not sure if it's supposed to or not however.

That's fucking boss. I better come back and finish up 59-60 before they make that stop :P

L59 manastone cleric lfg, infinite mana baybee ~

FuglyP99
09-11-2011, 01:43 AM
I vaguely remember Manastones and the Hole, but I can't remember if it was people actually zoning out to Manastone down and coming back or using it inside.

citizen1080
09-11-2011, 02:16 AM
They do and should work in hole from what I have read

Zapatos
09-11-2011, 02:42 AM
It works and it's SUPPOSED to work. I went in there right after the server was up and spam clicked mine to be sure. Expect manastone prices to start shooting up again!

citizen1080
09-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Expect manastone prices to start shooting up again!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6N9vd1X6XhKhghUNegvn4BNuXgGEEr faa5Nvn-A35soO6oNIKXZ8E-LBE

Valroth66
09-11-2011, 03:26 AM
I remember them working in the hole until it was revamped, was one of the reason we farmed the hole so much.

Brinkman
09-11-2011, 03:43 AM
It works and it's SUPPOSED to work. I went in there right after the server was up and spam clicked mine to be sure. Expect manastone prices to start shooting up again!

This

Plus wizard epic + ports to classic

Plus Druids better regen ( regrowth ) + ports to classic

Plus fungus staff

plus people quiting and taking their stones out of circulation

plus a large speculation boom ( people with plat buying them up when they were 40k )

Plus a large percentage of newer players since kunark release that never got the chance to get one.

Plus Sony hack that brought us more new players

plus * on and on*

I constantly hear people comlaining how they went from 40k to 200k in 3 months.

Do people have common sense any more? Sure, it takes a good economical mind to predict future trends, but after the fact? its painted everywhere.

P.S. I dont see them going up much more... maybe another 5-10% people are going to start moving their stockpiles soon. Demand will be met. The hole , in all honestly , isnt that great of a zone. Even with a Manastone.

HeallunRumblebelly
09-11-2011, 04:59 AM
This

Plus wizard epic + ports to classic

Plus Druids better regen ( regrowth ) + ports to classic

Plus fungus staff

plus people quiting and taking their stones out of circulation

plus a large speculation boom ( people with plat buying them up when they were 40k )

Plus a large percentage of newer players since kunark release that never got the chance to get one.

Plus Sony hack that brought us more new players

plus * on and on*

I constantly hear people comlaining how they went from 40k to 200k in 3 months.

Do people have common sense any more? Sure, it takes a good economical mind to predict future trends, but after the fact? its painted everywhere.

P.S. I dont see them going up much more... maybe another 5-10% people are going to start moving their stockpiles soon. Demand will be met. The hole , in all honestly , isnt that great of a zone. Even with a Manastone.

It's great enough. Finding a good 50+ zone to powerlevel in is tough, mostly due to mana concerns. With mana concerns gone, a cleric could powerlevel a damn wizard soloing in there :P Among other things it makes buffing less of a pain and even groups with poor / no cc can be viable as long as the cleric can maintain mana and recouperate it quickly.

Feels good =D

Juugox2
09-11-2011, 07:25 AM
well i mean its not suppose to work outside of classic zones.. so imo the hole isnt classic but it is in a classic zone.. so .. who the hell knows i dont remmeber lol

Dr.Spike
09-12-2011, 03:51 PM
------------------------------
September 9, 2003
------------------------------

** Zones and Quests **

- Plane of Mischief - We have updated the factions for a few NPCs for
this zone on Stormhammer only. All of the NPCs there are meant to be
aggressive. Some of them were on the wrong faction, and were not
aggressive. They are now.

- The Deep - There were some NPCs in this zone that could see invisible
but were bugged to be non-aggressive. They will again be aggressive, so
be more cautious when using invisibility in The Deep.

- Plane of Valor - The Aerin'Dar projection was despawning after only a
few minutes. It will now remain as long as other projections.

- City of Mist - Black Reavers are immune to magic once again.

- Oxidized Steel Plate will now drop. This should allow the completion
of the Rallican’s Bracer quest

- The Ghost of Kindle has returned.

- Manastone is no longer usable in The Hole.

Marmo
09-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Damn you Dr. Spike, I'm going to try to get through 59 manastoning in the hole before someone reads your post and acts on it.

Kassel
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Damn you Dr. Spike, I'm going to try to get through 59 manastoning in the hole before someone reads your post and acts on it.

His post says the opposite of what you think it says. IE manastone will always work in the hole on this server.

Spud
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM

those patch notes are from 2003, after Planes of Power came out. We should be good!

Marmo
09-12-2011, 05:17 PM
His post says the opposite of what you think it says. IE manastone will always work in the hole on this server.

Damn you Kassel, and thanks.

Gwence
09-12-2011, 07:00 PM
manastone works in all the holes