PDA

View Full Version : 9-11-2001 .. where were you?

Roastahm
09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
i'll start off, was my day off from work and i was actually playing EQ.

was sitting in front of the bank in FV talking in OOC. i see a halfling druid next to me sitting, i asked him for a port and got no response. minute or so later i asked him if he was there and he says: yeah whats up? so i ask him if he got my tell and he says he's no paying attention to the screen, he's mourning..

at this point i still don't know what has happened, TV is off. i crack a joke and ask him if he's mourning the death of the ogre next to him (there was a dead body laying there in front of the bank) and that's when he tells me to turn the TV on and watch the news.

it's amazing the things you remember so vividly at certain points of your life.

RIP all those who lost their lives that day.

JackFlash
09-11-2011, 09:35 PM
inb4 thread move

Sickle
09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
2nd period History class, Girl got dropped off late for school and said a plane hit one of the towers. Assuming it was a small prop plane and some kinda of tragic accident. Little did we know till turning on the TV in class to find out more.

Shannacore
09-11-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48024

Roanoke
09-11-2011, 09:40 PM
My dad woke me up extra early for school (we lived in Hawaii at the time, 6 hour time difference from the East Coast) and turned on CNN. He said no words. I will never forget opening my eyes that morning to the second tower being hit.

I went to school and most people had no idea what had happened. I mentioned it to my first period teacher and he thought I was full of shit. Then we turned the TV on and the word spread like wildfire around campus.

I believe they sent us home early that day.

Roastahm
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48024

well as you can tell by my post count i don't frequent these boards, so i was unaware of another similar thread. thought it would be appropriate to start this thread on the 10th year anniversary to the day.

i'm sure Mods will move or merge this thread if need be.:)

sacrilegium
09-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I was at Best Buy buying EverQuest after I got off work at 0800. I got home and Mother told me what happened.

Sinlea
09-11-2011, 10:46 PM
oops, I posted in the RnF thread. I was camping that gay goblin earring in WW while home "sick" from school.

Salty
09-11-2011, 10:49 PM
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 2656 of title 22, United States Code, and section 3161 of title 5, United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:

(i) monitoring and evaluating narratives (overarching communication themes that reflect a community's identity, experiences, aspirations, and concerns) and events abroad that are relevant to the development of a U.S. strategic counterterrorism narrative designed to counter violent extremism and terrorism that threaten the interests and national security of the United States;

Executive Order--Developing an Integrated Strategic Counterterrorism Communications Initiative | The White House (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/09/executive-order-developing-integrated-strategic-counterterrorism-communi)

georgie
09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
i forgot actually

bakkily
09-11-2011, 11:41 PM
back in 2001 i was 13 and in the 7th grade, back when this happend my plan was to sleep in, but woke up at about 5:30 am, and couldnt go back to sleep, so i turned the tv on and started flipping through channels, then for some reason i stopped on cnn, and this is az time which i think is about 3-4 hours behind new york time, so at school through out the day all my teachers just let us watch the news to see what was going on, by my third hour or so, is when the first tower collapsed, very sad day

Atmas
09-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Freshman year at UMD. I was sitting in my elements of drawing and design class when the professor comes into the room and tells the class that a plane has crashed into one of the twin towers.

Like most of the class I was thinking man that is a crazy accident. I imagined a small prop plane had struck the tower probably killing the pilot and maybe one or two other people. I reflected a bit on it being it somewhat scary that my parents who had been visiting my sister up at NYU had been in one of the towers either a few days ago or the day before. I pretty swiftly transitioned my thoughts back to my sub-par drawing skills.

A few minutes later the professor informs the class that a 2nd plane has struck the other tower. That's when it hits, this is no accident. The professor dismisses the class. The school cancels classes for the rest of the day.

For the next several hours roommates and I watch live footage of the towers. We watch as the towers collapse. We hear that another plane has struck the Pentagon. I remember shooting instant messages back and forth with my friends scattered across the country in other schools. I remember trying to get in touch with my sister who was going to NYU.

I remeber the guy two dorm rooms down the hall who was frantically tyring to get in touch with his brother who had been on a business trip. His brother's flight had crashed into one of the towers. As it turned out his brother's co-worker was running late for boarding the plane and his brother deceided to skip the flight and wait to catch the next available plane with his co-worker.

bakkily
09-12-2011, 12:52 AM
yea this exact thing happend with my old coaches brother, he works at one of the wtc building, but actually slept in on accident, and by the time he got rdy for work someone called him and said dont go to work,

turn on the tv and see whats happening, only the same in the position that luckily he missed going to work, the thing that pisses me more off are the extremist muslim groups making fun of the people that died on 9/11, this was some big rallies a few years ago,

but then again it seems that security/cops ect are keeping nyc a bit more safer, saw a interesting show on msnbc last night talking about everything security wise they do to protect the city from any terrorist threat

Slashurr
09-12-2011, 01:18 AM
bush knocked dem towers down

Morlaeth
09-12-2011, 02:01 AM
I was 13. My mother woke me up and we watched as the second plane hit. I remember our school didn't let us watch TV at all.

Lill-Leif
09-12-2011, 03:56 AM
I was in Qeynos.

San
09-12-2011, 04:08 AM
Sleeping. My mom called my house, woke me up and told me to turn on the TV. Both towers were still up at the time. Was off of work that day and the next. My ex wife (not ex at the time) called shortly after from her work wanting to know what the hell was going on because she was hearing a bunch of different stories at work. Spent the next 2 days at home just watching the news.

Aesop
09-12-2011, 04:08 AM
I was hiding from US airstrikes in Afghanistan :/

Tarathiel
09-12-2011, 04:09 AM
I was playing eq on my little lvl 20 something sk... No joke

Runningfish
09-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Was in the shower, mom started slammin on the door.. Watched the towers burning but then left for school. Heard them fall on the radio then watched the rest of it at school. Was in 7th grade at the time, remember a bunch of idiot's running around saying we were all gonna die.

Nyrod
09-12-2011, 06:39 AM
i was sleeping and my sister woke me up and told me a plane had hit WTC and they thought it might be an attack but i thought it was bullshit. we watched and the second plane hit and then both towers falling. was freaky watching because each time was such a shock, second plane hitting, first then second tower falling. just disbelief.

pretty sure i went to work later that day but cant remember how busy it was, i worked as a waiter at Olive Garden and it was my first year out of highschool. i know i was super addicted to EQ and all i did was play/eat/work because that following january i had an intervention and destroyed/bagged/trashed all EQ/video game shit and my computer lmfao!

ive relapsed twice, once in 05 and once in 08 but its not the same. i mean hell i could easily play more than 70hr/week (what i was doing in 01) but i dont freak out if i cant play lol, im all grown up yall!~

Semli
09-12-2011, 07:32 AM
GET THIS SHIT OUT OF MY SERVER CHAT.

http://i.imgur.com/cH3Xr.gif

Motec
09-12-2011, 08:10 AM
I was riding my kangaroo to school.

Sniperfire
09-12-2011, 08:32 AM
i was omw to court......they didnt cancel it =(

mitic
09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
i was at home watching a documentary about slant drilling in iraq at the border of kuwait. when i switched channels i saw what was happening in new york and started to think through the reasons why such attack on american ground could happen

oh the humanity, i was realy saddened!

Uthgaard
09-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I woke up and logged into eq, I was camped in ecommons at the time. After a few minutes of confusing references, I went into the living room and turned on the news.

SwordNboard
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
I was taking my sophomore year I-STEP in high school when they made an announcement and turned it on in the class rooms as soon as testing was done. A little bit before the second plane hit I think.

Aenor
09-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Sitting at home wondering where the jets from Andrews Air Force Base were. It's the home base of Air Force One. Why didn't any jets scramble until after the Pentagon was struck something like an hour after the first WTC tower was struck?

ilyaz
09-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I was in my computer class 11th grade, didn't really care much about it. 2 years later I am in bootcamp. Go figure.