PDA

View Full Version : New to server, thinking about rolling a necro

Crunksta
09-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Hello everyone, I haven't played EQ for a long time; and I forgot/cannot remember a lot of things.

I am trying to decide on what race to roll for a necromancer. I am debating between erudite/dark elf/iksar. Iksar would be my first choice for the regen, but I am afraid I will be kos everyhere and not be able to bank. Is this true?

Second choice would be erudite, but it will be a pain in the neck to get him over to where I want to level.
Dark elf; well hes already near the rest of civilization, and can see in the dark.

Thoughts?

Demetrium
09-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Shouldn't be a big deal getting your Erudite somewhere. /who druids and wizards and beg for a port out from Tox.

Iksar regen is pretty tight, but you're going to be tapping back the health anyway in most cases. Lots of people claim you save mana this way, but truthfully the taps are pretty efficient heals and they do damage as well. As far as I know they can only bank in Cabalis without any faction work, but I'm not positive about this. There's also a 20% tax for being an Iksar.

Estu
09-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Go Iksar, the regen is great. You can actually bank in some mainland cities from the get go, I think; at any rate, you can work on your faction. But really, you can just level in Kunark anyway.

Seaweedpimp
09-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Dont roll a necro to raid our lifetaps just got nerfed like crazy.

Autotune
09-12-2011, 04:10 AM
As a non-twink, Human and Erudite have the big bonus of being able to wear the Flayed Skin Armor out of Karnors, which is generally high in AC and hps, has solid stats, and can be gotten fairly cheaply in EC/BeggingOutsideOfKarnors.

Erudite gives you the best of all worlds if you are going for a non-traditional gameplay.

Starting Zone in the Boondocks? check.
Incredible Starting Stats? check.
Solid Kunark Armor nobody else wants? check.
Will i look unlike all the inkies, gnomes, and lizards? check.

Really the only items you're going to need besides the flayed skin is going to be a pair of 5ac/55hp rings, which will run you about 450pp. Send me a /tell in game i'll hook you up with the money for that,

Happy Hunting. :)

GO Erudite
BE like Stealin
GET Awesome shoulders for Eru/Nec (as good or better than sky shoulders)
SKY-
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/f/7/f7b97e095cf48180dee3abe1324db430.png
Eru/Nec -quested
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/e/1/e126094ba2a69ca7f54f08ff6aa4e9e0.png
and do what Quoted person says.

from a thread that is exactly like this one that was posted about 2days ago.