PDA

View Full Version : First day of Kunark on live vs pvp

Naerron
09-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I know i am a little late to the party but i just got back from a 7th month break from P99 and now that kunark is out i keep thinking of the first things i did when it came and how they are so much different than what i did when it came out on P99. SO i figured it would be cool to hear about other peoples first days in kunark on live vs P99.

Live: My first day on live me and my close friend in my guild at the time all met at the g/fay bank we ported to BB and ran to the docks, all excited and the guild chat was blowing up. We see the skiffs and are like wtf...then we see the HUUuge boat are like WTTFF. We then spent the next 4 hours trying to get to FV becuase of random crashes leaving people in the water and what not, which did little to mitigate our excitement, maybe even propelled it. Anyway 4 hours later we're all in FV, we do some exploring of the city. I remember thinkng for sure a sick named mob with phat loot would be somewhere in that tunnel. We really wanted to see Firona herself, well really just her boobs in the flesh. Then we set out to explore the geography and make maps. Started out to Lake of lll omen, our raid leader lukk had done some beta and already knew her way around a bit so we just goofed off and ran around, eventually ending up in the woods somewhere by the end of night.

On P99. I showed up months after release so i just caught a port to DL and went to kanor's to farm VP key parts and exp in basement. I did that till group broke up then soloed while i sent tells to LFG people.

Juugox2
09-12-2011, 03:26 PM
lol i remember my first day of kunark i was in OOT i sat at seafuries farming xp till around 55

Shannacore
09-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Am I missing something, or did you mistype the title ?

Nedala
09-12-2011, 03:40 PM
At live i was late to the party, went to loio and did some exping.

On p99 there was a big GM event and then the rush to the boats in BB waiting for the boats. What followed was kinda like your live experience lots of crashes and whatnot. Then the rush to TT and fighting for hunters/foragers with 100-200 people in zone. I logged on my druid when i got my key and was out there in the war of trackers, pulling foragers and hunters for hours for the guild. It was actually pretty funny :)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=400

Naerron
09-12-2011, 03:42 PM
yea i meant live vs p99 lol...

Kevlar
09-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I was a 50 druid. I don't remember if the ports were put in the day kunark launched or shortly after. My first trip to kunark was via north karana and my dreadlands port.

Wandered around the hidden valley a bit then found the tunnel. Pulled some mobs mostly giants and yetis. Then someone trained Gorenaire to tunnel. After getting my corpse I ran along the zone wall. Found burning woods and killed a bunch of wasps then parked at the forest giant fort. Explored skyfire a little but after meeting a chromodrac and losing sow and leaving another corpse I decided that burning woods was the place to be. Soon I knew the spawns and would either quad kite hornets or group up at the fort when there was a spot.

It was weeks before I ever set foot in FV. Eventually I got my seb key and hardly left that place til velious.