PDA

View Full Version : Need new giveaway ideas

Hagglebaron
09-14-2011, 01:53 AM
The screenshot contest is still open, was hoping for a greater volume of shots so i'll leave it up awhile longer (so yes to those who pm'ed me whether or not they could still participate).

But yea, i'm looking to keep giveaways going besides random handouts in EC. So feel free to post ideas!

Civeal
09-14-2011, 02:03 AM
a contest for the best ideas for new contests!

i basically won that one before it even started :(

Supaskillz
09-14-2011, 02:10 AM
funniest eq fraps? best eq char name?

Feachie
09-14-2011, 02:21 AM
i still think a red lv1 gnome race from steamfont to qeynos would be great. kill your competition and win.

...or whatever level you can pk eachother. i don't know. ;p

Mbaulmer
09-14-2011, 04:42 AM
Why not change it up a little instead of giveaways...

Hagglebaron's
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT67GEJj4F3yHyfOTG9t-5izvyKTsL103CpGwLNwpNpSw3n1HO3XQ
Foundation

Have them explain why they want/need the item. You can hand out the reward based on their description for their reason for requesting the wish.

I reccommend keeping a list of who has previously won and either:
a) don't let them enter again
b) make a length of time be required before they can submit a wish again.

Granting a wish is a wonderful, powerful, and moving experience. The realization of a wish come true has a profound affect

sacrilegium
09-14-2011, 04:48 AM
How about a naked gnome run and the winner gets a few thousand?

EDIT: Which someone else already suggested that I just did not read.

Athosblack
09-14-2011, 07:33 AM
That pile of plat burning a hole in your bank huh?

Mcbard
09-14-2011, 09:23 AM
I always enjoy seeing peoples creativity come out, how about some fan art?

Irris
09-14-2011, 09:59 AM
You should just randomly give money to cutesy female toons with cute names probably being played by morbidly obese males sitting at home in their cum soaked underwear watching Scooby Doo

Nazran
09-14-2011, 10:20 AM
I will send you pictures of my ding-a-ling. You will feel so sorry for how small it is that you will feel compelled to give me pp.

or

The fact that I refuse to pay 150pp for a level 24 necro pet spell because I only have 230pp to my name and CANT FIND THE DAMN WORDS OF ALLURE to save my ass.

I will let you pickl

Vohl
09-14-2011, 10:22 AM
1. Riddle games

2. A scavenger hunt for items found in or near EC. Rusty broadswords, torn shirts, fish scales, etc.

Dr4z3r
09-14-2011, 12:10 PM
+1 for the gnaked gnome race. Qeynos would take too long, though. Just go to Unrest.

Silentone
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM
How about a story with pictures, or Video of the good stuff that happens on Project1999.... all the forums get is the negative side of p99 which if were true there wouldnt be 700 people on daily. So I feel if there were post, or event that showed the good side of people, zones, guilds, and other stuff that it would give a more inviting feel to the server.

Demetrium
09-14-2011, 01:11 PM
The fact that I refuse to pay 150pp for a level 24 necro pet spell because I only have 230pp to my name and CANT FIND THE DAMN WORDS OF ALLURE to save my ass.

Who's the asshole trying to rip 24s off for 150pp? I swear to god some of the people who play this game are ridiculous. I used to sell this for like 30pp. I'll let you know if I find any words.

Silentone
09-14-2011, 01:18 PM
More i think about my idea the more i like it...how about a we purge the nonsense from the forums with kindness, and good posts. Making it a habbit to try to see if we can revive usefull posts and get rid of the stupid ones... winner is person with most usefull posts and fun stuff on the first 10 pages? and all the trash goes to the bottom? ...hmmmmm ? any bad things about this? i dont want to cause problems on the forums...

Hagglebaron
09-14-2011, 01:30 PM
You should just randomly give money to cutesy female toons with cute names probably being played by morbidly obese males sitting at home in their cum soaked underwear watching Scooby Doo

Oh God why would you put that image in my mind...

Crug
09-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I think Irris just won.

Seriously tho, fan art contest would be sweet, also to prove the artists arent just stealing stuff, make them PM Hagglebaron their FA or DA page(s) to prove its them.

Diggles
09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
screen caps of the highest Gems score!

EDIT: i do not want anything to do with DA or FA (what is this FA?), I'd think a watermark/irl pic if it's traditional should be enough

Diggles
09-14-2011, 02:07 PM
That isn't to say a fan art competition wouldn't be cool, because it's a freaking awesome idea, and I'd totally submit something, but I hate DA with a passion.

Crug
09-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Well there are other sites you can use for your art work, I just posted DA and FA because it seems to be the most used ones I noticed.

Also my buddy prefers FA (Fur Affinity...ugh, but you'd be surprised how many net artists use it)

Water Marks or photos would work tho.

Nazran
09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Who's the asshole trying to rip 24s off for 150pp? I swear to god some of the people who play this game are ridiculous. I used to sell this for like 30pp. I'll let you know if I find any words.

ehh I don't fault the players. I'm a red-state-living-nascar-loving-good-little-capitalist. There are a lot of new twink necro's on this server who can afford those prices. Just because I am too tight and won't buy the spell for 150pp or the words for 50pp and 75pp, doesn't mean they don't have right to sell it for that much.

I am more mad that I have been traveling the world, vendor-mining, killing 20-26 mobs, and can't get the words of allure to drop! I finally got Sentient Beza to drop the other day.

Resil
09-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Vote for Drawing Contest.

Nazran
09-14-2011, 04:13 PM
lolcatz but with EQ references. "I can haz loams"

Squeezil
09-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Random EQ trivia games in EC would be a good one, I think. Or riddles. Riddles are always fun.

Crug
09-15-2011, 01:39 PM
DRAWING CONTEST!

Extunarian
09-15-2011, 01:55 PM
The hipster woodelf meme generator would make a good contest. Make a new character though. If you can handle self deprecation you could make an EC Tycoon chracter/template to start with.

Diggles
09-15-2011, 02:08 PM
hipster wood elf would definitely be a top contender.

Bob/Haggle template would incite major laughs from my lot.

Quarr Quikblade
09-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Naked Gnome Run SF to Qey... BUT, they must leave a trail of connecting corpses the entire way. Also, have someone mark the start/end of where the corpses much reach during the race. Any path would be acceptable so long as the corpses connected from the starting point to the ending point in each zone. lol, that would be such a long race and FUN to the viewers to.

bakkily
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
haggle, you should do quest in ec, for instance, some lowbie asked me for a few plat, i told them get me some milk/muffins, 2 stacks exact, and gave them a few hundred plat, and everytime someone ask me, i tell them the same, it always usally takes them about 20-30 mins to find the correct vendor, but just think of fun things for people to do

aresprophet
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
ehh I don't fault the players. I'm a red-state-living-nascar-loving-good-little-capitalist. There are a lot of new twink necro's on this server who can afford those prices. Just because I am too tight and won't buy the spell for 150pp or the words for 50pp and 75pp, doesn't mean they don't have right to sell it for that much.

I am more mad that I have been traveling the world, vendor-mining, killing 20-26 mobs, and can't get the words of allure to drop! I finally got Sentient Beza to drop the other day.

I sell the 24 spells for 75 each and I could easily get 150 for them, can never keep enough in stock. But all that'd do is screw over the non-twinks more while costing the twinks a completely trivial amount of plat more. So I'd rather make a modest profit without making life hell for any first-time necros.

Plus, the plat-making gets ridiculously easy as a necro post 30.

YendorLootmonkey
09-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Have competitors post a pic of themselves dressed up as their in-game character.

bakkily
09-15-2011, 07:05 PM
try a guess that zone type of thing? take a screenshot of what ever zone you're in, but make it not too visible where someone can say oh thats the over there, or thats pohate, just helping you with ideas

bakkily
thats a good idea yendor!

Felwithemagi
We've had best of the best (BotB) right? How about Best of the Worst?

An idea is, I get to pick a target (preferably one of the cheaters) and we /duel but he must do nothing while I kill him. Kinda like a dunk-tank. Whomever kills their target the fastest wins.

Slowby
09-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Level one drunken monk duels at the Freeport arena.

Crunksta
09-16-2011, 01:26 AM
I have an idea for a giveaway, Give a newbie Necro(me!) some monies or gear!:D

Jk.....

Unless you want to....