PDA

View Full Version : Where to Group Levels 15-19?

nocookiesforme
09-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi again everyone,

I'm about to hit level 15 with my Barbarian Shammy, and I'm wondering where the best place to find groups is on this server for that level range. I'm guessing North Ro? I've been bumming around in the Blackburrow/Everfrost region up til now, but I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons a bit. I just want to go wherever the EXP is good.

Thanks!

Lildain
09-14-2011, 01:33 PM
I killed Orcs in Oasis of Marr at lvl 15. It was great xp:D

Vohl
09-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Head to a pleasant little villa known as Unrest. You will rock into the 20s.

WizardEQ
09-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Get into (or form) a HW orc group at the Invis wall in Oasis. You will see exp fly at first then lvl off closer to 20.

Once you ding 20, go to Unrest or MM until upper 20's or 30.

Yinikren
09-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Unrest, Oasis, Kurns. All good.

Hexum
09-14-2011, 04:56 PM
We formed Lower Guk groups at that level a lot. It's more entertaining then the orc slaughter in Oasis.

Edit: True Oasis has the #'s for groups, if you find a good group, convince them to run 2 zones to Lguk.

Vondra
09-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Not the best exp, but there's definitely no shortage of Oasis groups to join in that level range.

Runningfish
09-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Oasis definitely has the largest amount of players in it.. you can kill orcs up to 20 there.

Seaweedpimp
09-14-2011, 06:18 PM
upper guk
'

edit: oasis exp sucks

bakkily
09-14-2011, 07:49 PM
unrest is a manor, lol, but yea unrest is the best zone 14-20, even up to 25

mwatt
09-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Level 15 is also the approximate "entry level" for South Karana. There are usually people grouping here, although granted, sometimes not till closer to 20. However, if you cannot find a group there is good stuff to solo. Elephants are easy experience and decent cash.

nocookiesforme
09-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the responses! I dinged 15 soloing willowisps in Erud's Crossing, I'll stay there as long as I can stand it 'cause the money's really great, but then I think I'll head over to Oasis.

My next question is, as a level 15 Shammy, what exactly is my role in a group? Obviously Buffs outside of combat, but what about during combat? Do I basically just Debuff things and then throw in some mediocre melee damage? Or do I off-heal?

Coriolis
09-15-2011, 10:22 AM
By high-end play, Shamans are the kings of debuffing (specifically mob slowing). No other class can match Shaman's level of mob debilitation, and on top of that they have some of the largest range of stat buffs to bolster the group. And finally yes they often tackle off-healing (and occasionally main healing depending on the situation, i.e. monk-shammy duo).

Unless things are drastically different in P99, that is how I remember shamans from live, and playing a monk main, shamans were by far one of my favorite classes to have in a group.

pickled_heretic
09-15-2011, 10:26 AM
oasis blows - you should go to guk, befallen, unrest, or karn, wherever you have the highest probability of finding a group or wherever you feel comfortable selling etc. you can get that phat ZEM. leveling outside of a positive ZEM is beyond retarded, for instance I just dinged 27-28 in just over 2 hours duoing in uguk making about 50p an hour. i can only imagine how long it would have taken trying to do it in SK.

unfortunately past 30+ there's not much positive ZEM dungeons anymore so this incentive is not very great. (SolA is the only dungeon I can think of) But sub 30 there's absolutely no reason at all you shouldn't hit up a dungeon with a good ZEM.

greatdane
09-15-2011, 10:29 AM
At the lower levels, you just heal and SoW. You don't really get your group-centric spells until level 29 - greater healing, quickness and a real slow. Slowing isn't even worth the mana until 40+ unless you duo with a melee, and no content before Velious actually requires slow. It's worth doing in the higher levels, just not critical for the most part at this point in time.

From 30ish and onwards, you step more into the buffer/debuffer role because you actually get buffs and debuffs that matter. You'll still be expected to heal more often than not, and shaman is a better group healer than cleric until CH comes into the picture. There's hardly any difference between shaman and cleric heals in terms of mana efficiency, just size because the cleric probably has access to the heal one tier above what the shaman has. Since cleric heals aren't technically better to any noticeable degree until the upper levels, the shaman's much faster mana regen makes him a better healer. It's only because they're usually asked to buff and debuff that they don't fill the main healer spot at the same time, because that's almost impossible.

falkun
09-15-2011, 10:31 AM
30+ LGuk is where i spent my time on live, but here, people go outside for some stupid reason (why anyone besides bards and people farming berserkers is in OT is beyond me).

15+ I'd recommend Unrest and UGuk the most, but I see a fair number of people in Oasis.

Hexum
09-15-2011, 10:34 AM
We formed Lower Guk groups at that level a lot. It's more entertaining then the orc slaughter in Oasis.

Whoops meant upper guk!

greatdane
09-15-2011, 10:37 AM
30+ LGuk is where i spent my time on live, but here, people go outside for some stupid reason (why anyone besides bards and people farming berserkers is in OT is beyond me).

It's because everyone wants to play in Kunark, but the mid-level Kunark dungeons are pretty crazy and/or destroy your OT faction.

nocookiesforme
09-15-2011, 12:33 PM
So out of Unrest or Upper Guk, which is more likely to have groups on this server for a level 15?

pickled_heretic
09-15-2011, 12:36 PM
unrest has a better chance of a group, i would still favor guk over unrest though. unrest can get a little crowded and it's a small zone, meanwhile there's never a lack of mobs to kill in guk (but you might have to get creative and move away from the traditional spots)

Striiker
09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I did Unrest instead of Upper Guk for the most part through my teens and into 20's. I love Unrest. It's a spooky haunted house! (When I am at Disney World, the haunted house ride always makes me think of Unrest). It can get crowded there as others have stated and the trains can be interesting.. There is some nice loot and it's an outdoor zone so SOW is always an option.
Upper Guk is a great zone for XP as well. If you go there and there aren't groups available, start your own!

nocookiesforme
09-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Fair enough, you've all sold me pretty well on Guk. So my next question is, how should I get there? I don't really mind running there if it's possible to get there safely, I'm currently bound in either Qeynos or Erud's crossing, I forget which. If I were to try to find a port though, where would I want to get ported to?

Also, where should I bind myself that's both safe and close by?

Thanks again!

pickled_heretic
09-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Fair enough, you've all sold me pretty well on Guk. So my next question is, how should I get there? I don't really mind running there if it's possible to get there safely, I'm currently bound in either Qeynos or Erud's crossing, I forget which. If I were to try to find a port though, where would I want to get ported to?

Also, where should I bind myself that's both safe and close by?

Thanks again!

you are barb shm right?

if you can bind yourself, bind at the entrance to guk. your closest vendor will be in Sro: ortallius and his erudite lackey. Your closest bank will be freeport. oasis is only 2 zones away if you ever feel inclined to join a group there (or you can recruit from people who find that oasis is overcrowded).

dr00ds can port to Sro or feerrott, wizards to Sro or CT (not recommended).

there's a shaman guild a zone away in grobb but i'm pretty sure barbs are kos. you might have to find a friend to buy spells and shit for you or make an alt and drop your shit on the ground to transfer (not recommended, but possible).

Mcbard
09-15-2011, 04:56 PM
I did Orcs in HHP but the population is a little more spread out now so I doubt anybody groups there anymore. They were good until 20ish

Silentone
09-15-2011, 05:56 PM
im with oasis, open zone close to EC great exp and always full of people..

gankstar1868
09-16-2011, 03:24 AM
Where is a good location for a 13 enchanter, 14 necro to duo? we were thinking unrest with root/rot with pets or maybe karanas for the wide open areas.

Striiker
09-16-2011, 01:24 PM
You could go kill Scarecrows I think at that level in West Karana. Crap loot but a nice secluded camp with plenty of stuff to kill.. Your pets though need to be able to hit magic when fighting these. I think you could go to Wisp island as well but you may rn out of wisps to kill with two of you at it. Befallen is another choice or I think Kurn's Tower might be in your range (I can't recall). At your levels, I did a lot in Unrest (a great zone).

greatdane
09-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Dervish camps are always a safe bet. Pick one of the like six of them. Then you can move straight on to Oasis. It shouldn't be as overcrowded anymore as it used to be, and not empty either as most group leveling spots are by now, so it's a good place to solo/duo/group until 20.