PDA

View Full Version : Not your usual toon question

Klyre
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Soooo,

Grouping with your Class - question - Some toons are better then others at having the abilty to group together (Not necessarily exclusively). What are your top choices to group together and which do you avoid at all cost.

Not in any order just reference.

1. Warrior
2. Shadow Knight
3. Paladin
4. Monk
5. Rogue
6. Ranger
7. Magician
8. Enchanter
9. Necromancer
10. Wizard
11. Shamen
12. Druid
13. Cleric
14. Bard

I don't think you got this point across in the initial post, you may want to edit as people will interpret the question in several different ways. Should add something like this to the first post:

What class do you most want multiples of in a group?

What class do you least want multiples of in a group?

This ^^^^^^^^ Thanks Ele

Some of my top classes to group together.

Rogue
Magician

Some of my Bottom classes to group together.

Warrior
Cleric

Thoughts?

Mardur
09-15-2011, 11:17 AM
not sure if troll post.

Klyre
09-15-2011, 11:20 AM
not sure if troll post.

Nope...Never. But go ahead and flame if you feel the need too, my feeling won't be hurt. But maybe a clarification....Same toon = 2 rogues in a group or 2 warriors in a group etc, etc

Naerron
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
talking 6 man or 2 man? 3 man? Here is a simple list, each have my own reasoning.

2 man- Shammy and monk

3 man- Shammy, monk, bard

4 man, Enchanter, cleric, warrior, monk.

5, shammy, bard, rogue, warrior, cleric

6, shammy, bard, rogue/monk, warrior, cleric, mage.

Those are really just personal preferences.

SyanideGas
09-15-2011, 11:23 AM
3 Rogues,1 sk and a cleric beastage

Ele
09-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Nope...Never. But go ahead and flame if you feel the need too, my feeling won't be hurt. But maybe a clarification....Same toon = 2 rogues in a group or 2 warriors in a group etc, etc

I don't think you got this point across in the initial post, you may want to edit as people will interpret the question in several different ways. Should add something like this to the first post:

What class do you most want multiples of in a group?

What class do you least want multiples of in a group?

Klyre
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
talking 6 man or 2 man? 3 man? Here is a simple list, each have my own reasoning.

2 man- Shammy and monk

3 man- Shammy, monk, bard

4 man, Enchanter, cleric, warrior, monk.

5, shammy, bard, rogue, warrior, cleric

6, shammy, bard, rogue/monk, warrior, cleric, mage.

Those are really just personal preferences.

Nope I did blow the question.

2 man being Rogue, Rogue

3 man whatever just if you were a class be it whatever but say Rogue would you actually want to have more then 1 or 2 of.

Like 3 Necros and adding whatever.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
09-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I think I get what you're asking. You want to know if there are classes that are beneficial to have more than one of in a group, yes?

Rogues, Monks, Necromancers, Mages would be on the top of my list. Necromancers for sure especially if you can't find any Bards or Chanters.

Starie prepares to cast Divine Aura. I think Rangers are underestimated. Starie casts Divine Aura and flees.

They do great DPS and are good ghetto crowd control.

Vohl
09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I expect that very few groups would want more than one enchanter or bard (or for that matter, an enchanter and a bard). Multiple healers of the same class aren't quite that undesirable; healing would still stack better than CC. After that, I guess knights (multiple paladins / shadow knights), then, lastly, DPS classes, which stack very well.

falkun
09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Assuming all a 6-man, group (not raid-group) scenario.

- I would limit (but not outright ignore) having more than 1 tank in a grp:
War/War, War/Pal, War/SK, Pal/SK, Pal/Pal, SK/SK
- I would avoid having multiple clerics (except if in an undead-heavy area).
- I would try to avoid having a sham/bard/enc in the same group. Sham/bard, enc/bard, sham/enc, fine, but all three gets a bit greedy on support classes.
- I would limit the number of rogues in the group, they have the least utility out of any class for your general exp-grind group. 1-2, great, 3 pushing it and 4 means you are cutting out either a support, tank, or healer. Even a wizard or ranger fills support role better than a rogue.

As for pro-killing groups:
- dungeon crawling: bard/sham/cler/SK/rog/monk. Between bard and shaman melee buffage, the rogue and monk will be doing work, clerics are hands-down the best healers, and an SK might actually be able to generate the aggro needed to keep the rog/monk alive without overlapping abilities with the cleric too much (sorry PALs).
- AE groups: bard/cler/enc/enc/wiz/wiz. Can't really deviate too much.

Of course this is all incredibly narrow minded. Had a group the other night in the Hole with mostly pet classes and a shaman healer. Mage summoned weapons were RIPPING through elems faster than even the rog/monk combo would, so please do not take this example as a "catch-all". It is a well-rounded group that could accomplish a lot in a group, but there are TONS of alternate combinations that will work, there are other combinations that will work because of the people behind those character class combinations, and there are other combinations that will be better suited to the specific tasks at hand.

Make a group by 1) what you need for your task and 2) what is available at the time. You will get much more accomplished by doing it than waiting around for the prime group make-up.

/flame on

Samoht
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
rog/rog/war/enc/shm/clr

no hybrids plx

the only aggro problem would be the warrior keeping mobs off of shaman if he slows on pull

pickled_heretic
09-15-2011, 12:27 PM
from level 16 and up, an enchanter pays for his keep in terms of damage just by keeping 3 or more mdps hasted (it's the equivalent to having another mdps in the group for free).

then there's the clarity advantage, every caster in the group gets an additional 2-11mp per tick depending on the level of the enchanter. this stacks with pretty much anything but necro clarity.

of course there's mezzing and lulling and shit, which lets groups pull far larger pulls safely than they would be able to do otherwise, also saving mana of healers.

finally, enchanters with big sweaty manballs can charm mobs and add another source of considerable dps on top of their other contributions, perhaps even more than another additional dps would add. basically for no additional exp cost.

of course i'm an enchanter so ... yeah. other classes i like to group with are SKs (easy aggro management) monks and rogues (best dps) and shamans (synergizes well with enchanters, even just in duos).

The two classes i dislike are wizards and druids. wizards are pretty anemic single target dps and druids are, well, druids

Felwithemagi
09-15-2011, 01:15 PM
agree with falkun, highly dependent on *where* you will be hunting and *what* types of mobs.

Demetrium
09-15-2011, 02:08 PM
SK/cleric/enchanter/mage/necro/rogue (HS/crypt)

Autotune
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Pre-Ivandyr nerf

Nec/Nec/Nec/Nec/Nec/Nec

Post-Ivandyr nerf

Nec/mnk/mnk/nec/mnk/mnk.

2man

nec/nec

3man

nec/nec/mnk

Ele
09-15-2011, 02:31 PM
I like up to 3 rogues in my groups.

Kevlar
09-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Druid.

Don't need anyone else. Just goto a zone full of animals and tear up shit.

Starting at lvl 14...
East karana - hounds, griffawns
LOIO - tigers, grimals
Overthere - rhinos, tigers
Upper Guk - croc
Emerald Jungle - tigers, raptors
Traks Teeth - Tigers, raptors
Timorus deep - raptors

You can always quad d0rfs or specters too if you don't have a lot of time and want to do something fast.

Groups are for chumps.

Webwolf
09-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Classes don't matter as much as the players skill, I've had some unusual group setups kick major ass. Last one I remember was Me as Tank (pal) 2 warriors who kept their health bellow 45% so they could berserker dps, cleric, shaman and bard. That group was killing stuff at disco faster than many rogue / monk dps I had grouped with previously.

Ideally you want to avoid repeat roles except for dps, so a good setup is tank, healer, CC, puller, dps x2 or 1 dps+shaman

Zigfreed
09-16-2011, 03:00 AM
I like grouping with any mix. Every class brings something potentially unique to the group. The only class that is really required is some sort of healer.

With that said the makeup of your group determines the things you can attempt.

Grahm
09-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Mnk/rog/mage/war/cleric/ench

fuark
09-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Cleric / Ench / Rog / Rng / Mnk / SK is a pretty sick setup.

stavio
09-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Not a mention about wizards :( been playing one for a few days now and have really been enjoying it.

This is my first wiz ever, can they find groups on this server?

Zigfreed
09-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Yes they can but you need to be proactive and a friendly outgoing person or you're gonna sit and med alone a lot.

stavio
09-16-2011, 03:37 AM
thanks for the reply Zigfreed