PDA

View Full Version : New Druid, saying hi

Captcoconut
09-16-2011, 04:24 AM
Hello everyone on P99, half elf druid here. Friend pointed this server out to me the other day, i was pretty excited to start. Boy i forgot how unforgiving this game can be when relearning lol. Anyways, wanted to say hi and ask for any random advice on anything really? I just hit level 3 and have been killing every decaying skeleton i see that has any weapons I can sell for money. I'm in quenos atm and was wondering if i should relocate maybe too? I'd love to start grouping and not 100% sure where everyone around my level hangs out. Anyways, thanks for the advice and can't wait to see you guys!

Char: Dryumyum Lv 3 Druid

Kevlar
09-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Tough it out 'til 14, then, the world is your oyster.

philanthropy
09-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Tough it out 'til 14, then, the world is your oyster.

explain :)

Raavak
09-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Qeynos is a good place to start. Lots of mobs that get progressively harder the further you go out. Qeynos Hills is the next step up and works much the same way. Easy access to vendors. Kind of lacking in higher ups if you're looking for buffs.

So you are in a good spot unless you can make your way to West Freeport or something.

Appollo
09-16-2011, 09:48 AM
What he means about level 14 is the combination of - Spirit of the Wolf, Snare, and Damage over time spells. In other words, you can kite. If I remember correctly you cannot really quad kite efficiently until level 34 when you acquire "Lightning Strike", at which time the world really is your oyster ... at least insofar as outdoor zones are concerned.

If you're looking for groups the best place is the Freeport area. East Commonlands, West Commonlands, North Ro, and Oasis will take you until you're level 20.

sacrilegium
09-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Relocate to Gfay and focus on wasps. Their venom sacs sell for 3g each. That adds up (those spells get expensive starting at 9).

Good first choice for a character, you'll need all that porting money to pay for spells (and for twinking your subsequent characters).

Dr4z3r
09-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the server! My best single piece of advice is to stay off the forums, unless you really like to read others' bitching and moaning. :)

My second piece of advice is to stick to the Qeynos area if all you want to do is solo, but to head over to the Eastern side if you like grouping.

Antonica: EC (6) -> NRo (11) -> Oasis (18)
Faydwer: GFay (6) -> Crushbone (14) -> Unrest (24+)

Captcoconut
09-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone! Sorry about the double post..not sure how that happened, hehe.

Sickle
09-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Appollo has some solid advice. Getting yourself to EC somehow will be wise as you can prob get some buffs in tunnel to solo a bit and group up at orcs soon. Dont worry so much about Plat, It will come in due time.

Swindle
09-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Stay in Qenos till 11 or 12. Harvest Gnoll fangs and turn them into Lysbith in Halas Warrior Guild - great xp, 5 gold per fang plus an item. Kill the 2 Gnoll Hunters in Qeynos Hills, turn in both staff pieces to Corin in Surefall for another 3-11 plat per turn in as well as a so-so Druid weapon. Lastly, kill rabid bears there and turn in hides to Qeynos cleric guild, that will net you another plat or two per turn in. You can get to 14 in West Karana killing bandits and turning in the sashes to the Pally Guild in Qeynos for bronze weapons. You will have a nice little nest egg saved up by that time.

Daldaen
09-16-2011, 10:08 PM
half elf druid here.
You sir are bold. I myself have a half-elf druid. I'm pretty sure there are only about 10 of us on the server :P.

Kevlar
09-17-2011, 10:44 AM
What he means about level 14 is the combination of - Spirit of the Wolf, Snare, and Damage over time spells. In other words, you can kite. If I remember correctly you cannot really quad kite efficiently until level 34 when you acquire "Lightning Strike", at which time the world really is your oyster ... at least insofar as outdoor zones are concerned.

If you're looking for groups the best place is the Freeport area. East Commonlands, West Commonlands, North Ro, and Oasis will take you until you're level 20.

Actually you skipped the #1 level 14 spell, befriend animal.

Go to east karana, charm gorge hound. Snare another gorge hound. Fear snared gorge hound. Send pet. Hit it with a 10 mana flame lick. You are now a necromancer that can heal and port. Congrats!

Oh and feel free to replace gorge hound with dark stalker, griffawn, or any other "animal" mobs you can find.

BTW I am a human druid, which I think is even more rare than the half-elf druid. But oh so much cooler looking.

bakkily
09-17-2011, 02:52 PM
heh if i ever made a druid, it would only be because of the halflings, but then theres already too many of them

fuark
09-17-2011, 11:10 PM
And then there's the human female druid. I think I saw one once in EC with a few pieces of vermiculated -- perhaps it was my imagination though.