PDA

View Full Version : Starting Question

Raffoo
09-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Hey all,

I just recently joined the server as I haven't played EQ in years, my main use to be a warrior and I was wondering if it was a bad choice to make one here to start off with. Or would I just be better off making a farming class to save up some money.

Dojii
09-17-2011, 03:12 AM
depends on what u want to play. if you need a starter guild I have a XP guild you're welcome to join and we can help you get oriented.

if you wanna make a dwarf warrior we can get u alot of support in kelethin/ etc. what u think? play what u want to play tho most definitly.

Raffoo
09-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, I do want to play a warrior but I'm just mostly concerned with if it will be more helpful to level up a farm character first, since people may not want to group with a undergeared tank.

Kevlar
09-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I'd say you are way better off with a farming class first. Starting a melee with rusty weapons and patchwork armor is going to be very difficult, where a necro or druid or mage can hit the ground running. Level them up to 20-30 and you should have more than enough plat saved up to decently twink a melee with some tunnel gear.

NenshouStar
09-17-2011, 01:46 PM
honestly, if you want to play a warrior, start a warrior.
i can only assume people to help out a lowly warrior.
it just seems right.

all int classes are a pita anyhow what with all the research/spells.
alot of running around.. and for what?
by the time your war gets around 20-30 you'll have mostly everything you need
to be rolling through anyhow.
throw together some cheap gear from whatever you can find..
decent wep's are a dime a dozen by then.

bakkily
09-17-2011, 02:01 PM
rafoo, just play what you want, and dont worry, theres enough people out there that will help you get geared most likely, for instance, i think the toughest lvls in the game are 1-15, then you should be able to get enough plat to buy banded, if you save all cash from 10-20, after buying banded, that should be 1k, enough to crafted plate, or some weapons, and theres alot of great cheap weapons out there

Raffoo
09-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I will. I couldn't really get into the int casters that much so I'll just stick to my warrior. Thanks for the input everyone. My warriors name is Rackir if anyone wants to send me a tell randomly :)

NenshouStar
09-17-2011, 03:58 PM
lol thats right, you only start naked once, why do it all over again?