PDA

View Full Version : Returning Player

Honest
09-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Just wanted to drop a line to all of you out there. Been reading the forums for a few weeks now, and going to be installing EQ tonight. I'm very excited about trying to get that EQ rush like to good ole days, as no MMO has come close in my opinion. Just out of curiosity any Xegony players here? I had a 54 dwarf warrior named Kaldek as my main for years although i quit right after Luclin came out. Would really like to reconnect with some old friends if they play on here. Was in a guild Holier Than Thou which then renamed itself to Eternal Vengeance if this spurs any recognition let me know.

On a side note I'm thinking of either playing a Half Elf Bard, or an Ogre Shaman. Any suggestions for the two? Really loved my warrior but I play a warrior class in my other MMO.

Anywho, looking forward running into you all in game, and bitching with you all in the forums.

vinx
09-18-2011, 01:31 PM
harrison and doors better move over!

Humerox
09-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Bah...should have read closer.

Either one is good... :)

Honest
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
So just created my character tried to get in the game and then it kicked me out. Then when i try and log in again it says my IP is temporarily blocked. Any ideas?

stormlord
09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Is the client titanium? Did you follow hte setup guide here and over at the emu site? I'm assuming you missed a setup step somewhere.

Honest
09-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I was creating a character on the p99 server and it was logging in, at that time i hit alt+enter to make full screen and then i got an error and it crashed. Followed steps 1-5 on the EQemu site then the rest of the ones here on the getting started guide.

vageta31
09-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Go into your ini file and make sure your windowed and fullscreen resolution match. It will crash when you try to alternate between windowed and fullscreen if they don't. That should fix it.

Honest
09-18-2011, 07:17 PM
will that get my ip unbanned or whatever?

Kevlar
09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
the ip ban only lasts a couple mins. its there to prevent two boxing. seems kinda like killing a gnat with a sledgehammer the way they implemented it though.

kills honest players who get a lag spike and go ld, while the cheaters can work around it fairly easily.

Honest
09-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Got it working. Thanks guys for your comments.

Nazran
09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
We need more bards... I only got trained killed once last night at KFC.