PDA

View Full Version : DA and Bows?

Kika Maslyaka
09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Do you guys know if Double Attack skill affects bows/archery?
thanks

Demetrium
09-20-2011, 06:06 PM
It never did.

Kika Maslyaka
09-20-2011, 06:23 PM
that's what i thought, just got confused for a moment :D

Titanuk
09-20-2011, 06:25 PM
some how my 1 arrow will hit u twice

bakkily
09-20-2011, 08:00 PM
double attack is melee, though for some reason, the ranger was a class that could have had a few really nifty things added from adnd which never was, ive started playing mine again, a few nights ago i asked about 5 rangers over lvl 30, what their archery skill is, 4 said about 80-100, and 2 replied, its a hard skill to skill up, not really

but my point is, i dont know why half the people playing a ranger, and i figure most play the class as a alt, no clue why they decided to roll the ranger, and just melee, archery in a group can work out with not bad dps, but my guy use to be severely twinked and was getting crits quite often, to those in the future who decide to make a ranger, id advise you, hell any class you havnt played, read about the class before you make it, for instance, ive never played a enchanter, and once i got my guy to 20, im a bit bored of the class so thats why i went back to my ranger, but to all the rangers, stay strong

Mardur
09-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm taking you in for comma abuse bro

fuark
09-20-2011, 09:20 PM
double attack is melee, though for some reason, the ranger was a class that could have had a few really nifty things added from adnd which never was, ive started playing mine again, a few nights ago i asked about 5 rangers over lvl 30, what their archery skill is, 4 said about 80-100, and 2 replied, its a hard skill to skill up, not really

but my point is, i dont know why half the people playing a ranger, and i figure most play the class as a alt, no clue why they decided to roll the ranger, and just melee, archery in a group can work out with not bad dps, but my guy use to be severely twinked and was getting crits quite often, to those in the future who decide to make a ranger, id advise you, hell any class you havnt played, read about the class before you make it, for instance, ive never played a enchanter, and once i got my guy to 20, im a bit bored of the class so thats why i went back to my ranger, but to all the rangers, stay strong

I've found archery incredibly difficult to skill up. I skilled it to about 40 on my own with just bow kiting yellow cons, then dumped points into it to get to about 80 because it was going up so slowly... now almost level 39, and I've bow kited for hours from just being bored/ finding it fun/ duoing, and my skill is still only like 142. I also pull for every group I'm in using my bow.

Over a 15 minute bow kite I usually don't get an archery skill up, and if I get one skill up I consider it worth the kite.

Bow ability does get a bad rep, but bow shots for snare kiting is incredibly good for keeping aggro, and the damage isn't terrible (using a Rain Caller at least, haven't tried getting a Wind Saber yet).

Rhambuk
09-20-2011, 11:52 PM
dark ascension?

Kika Maslyaka
09-20-2011, 11:54 PM
yeah, too bad Rangers in EQ1 are not real archers.
They did this a lot better in EQ2, where Ranger is a 80% archer and only 20% melee

Rhambuk
09-21-2011, 12:15 AM
yeah, too bad Rangers in EQ1 are not real archers.
They did this a lot better in EQ2, where Ranger is a 80% archer and only 20% melee

Or in pop where headshot was ridiculous op and rangers still claimed they were "not up to snuff"

Kika Maslyaka
09-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Or in pop where headshot was ridiculous op and rangers still claimed they were "not up to snuff"

well they got ridiculously OP during PoP era, but they still were not right.
They were inherently designed as melee class, and all the bow perks still never truly made them a dedicated archer.
Plus this OP bonus was temporary one, as when OoW went live and epics 2.0 were made, SOE refused rangers a bow as an epic, clearly setting that rangers are meant to be a melee class.

Don't get me wrong- I was one of those people who desperately kept trying to play my ranger because of original coolness factor (aside from bard there is no other dual wielder who can cast :D), despite all the penalties etc.

But ultimately, when I saw EQ2 rangers and WoW Hunters, it made me truly sad, as those two were much closer to my idea of an outdoor scout, than my eq1 ranger ever was :(

Mcbard
09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about ways to snag FTE on raid mobs. :(